This is not bootanimation, this is the splash screen (the 'Mi' boot logo which is displayed when device is switched ON)
This is for Redmi 5 Only..
For other devices, please send me your splash.img so that I can create a tool for you too.
1. Rooted Redmi 5 (any ROM)
2. Optional: Terminal Emulator app or Custom Recovery or atleast working fastboot in computer
3. You're proceeding at your own risk.
STEPS to create splash.img:
Before proceeding, make sure fastboot is setup properly in your computer (just incase something goes wrong)..
1. Download & Extract this in computer: Redmi_5_Splash_Maker.zip
2. Make sure you have a 720x1440 resolution picture.
3. Now replace logo.png and logo2.png with your pictures (according to any format) & replace it inside "pics" folder of the extracted folder.
(Similarly you can also change fastboot.png if you wish to change the picture of fastboot)
4. Finally, run the 'CREATE_LOGO.bat' to create splash.img , which you can find inside the "output" folder.
STEPS to flash splash.img:
Optional: To backup your original splash.img:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash of=/sdcard/splash.img
Now, Choose any one easy method:
a. To flash from recovery:
Transfer the flashable_splash.zip to your device and flash from TWRP or CWM or Philz or any other custom recovery.
b. To flash from Terminal Emulator:
Transfer the splash.img to your device's Internal Storage, Open Terminal Emulator & enter the following to flash it:
su dd if=/sdcard/splash.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash
fastboot flash splash splash.img
Incase something goes wrong or device doesn't bootup, flash the stock splash.img from custom recovery or fastboot.
1. Thanks to Роман ([email protected]) for the stock splash.img of Redmi 5.
2. This is based on my tool for Redmi 5A
Hit the Thanks button if it worked for you
You're welcome to post the splash images that you created..