FORUMS

Paranoid Android Quartz 4 - Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro

1,954 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,245

By herna, Recognized Developer on 12th June 2020, 04:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:

Donate

Device-specific issues

You tell me.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Requirements

Make sure you've latest stable firmware flashed on both the slots before flashing the ROM.

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro build Download

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them.

Paranoid Android Quartz released

Instructions
  • Reboot into twrp
    Wipe data, cache, dalvik
    Flash ROM package
    Flash DFE (optional: if decrypted)
    Reboot into system.

Important / Useful links
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro

Contributors
herna
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Quartz 3

Created 2020-06-11
Last Updated 2020-07-20
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to herna For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2020, 01:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Does it work on Mi A2 Lite as well (Dual SIM) ? I'm from Brazil and as far as I know it's the same hardware. Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to Dysfunctyon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dysfunctyon Ad-Free
16th June 2020, 08:04 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Most awaited rom thank you, downloading.........
16th June 2020, 07:07 PM |#4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarsanragav

Most awaited rom thank you, downloading.........

How's the ROM and camera?
17th June 2020, 05:13 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
About bugs.
1. Night mode does not work. The screen doesn't get "warm".
2. Retro player is not stable. It closed with an error (once). Sometimes the sound is interrupted. This may be due to loading images with performers.
3. Not a bug. Lost feature with alarm clock and auto power-on when phone is off. It works on mokee ( for example)
4. Google recognizes the phone as Xiaomi mi a1.

I like the firmware. Very stable on first impressions. : I'll watch. One question. Why is there no FM radio?
18th June 2020, 09:16 AM |#6  

More
USB debugging is not working even after enabling. In the terminal adb devices shows the device to be unauthorized. Please fix it.
19th June 2020, 03:46 AM |#7  
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hotspot WIFI issues
Hello,

My hotspot WIFI can connect to other device but cannot connect to internet and the device is connected is 0.
21st June 2020, 05:00 PM |#8  

More
Unable to check data usage
Hello. I installed this rom yesterday. And I'm liking it. But I can't see my data usage in settings. Usage is always 0.
I tried multiple apps to get internet speed and usage but none of them worked except one. Only app only showed wifi download speed... not mobile data. Will this be fixed by update or there is a work way around? I use metered internet so I need to keep track of usage.
26th June 2020, 01:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
It is great to see paranoid android for this device.😍
Thanks for your hardwork dev.
Will try this on my wife's phone.
28th June 2020, 12:23 PM |#10  

More
Slow chaging problem on kerminator kernel that you have attached with this rom on redmi 6 pro . Replace it please.
30th June 2020, 08:53 AM |#11  

More
Night Mode Doesn't Work
I love this ROM very much. It is stable hardly any bugs. But the problem I face is with the night mode. The screen doesn't get warm. Please fix it.
I am used to "warm screens" and it irritates my eyes very badly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)