FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Boot Loader Unlock/TWRP Installation – Redmi 6 Pro

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 8
 
By spacexgen, Member on 27th October 2018, 03:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I take no assurance that this will work for everybody.. Do at your own risk.

Take Full Backup of your phone, contacts, SMS and all your internal storage files.

1. Settings-> About Phone-> click 5 times on MIUI version - This will enable developer options.
2. Settings-> Additional Settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status -> add account here

If you get any error, logout your mi account and login again and repeat step 2.

3. Settings-> Additional Settings > Developer Options > Check on OEM unlocking
4. Install adb driver. - > https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2588979
5. Download MiFlash unlock > https://en.miui.com/unlock/download_en.html
6. Boot Redmi 6 pro to fastboot mode (Power off > wait 5 sec > Press Vol Down - > Power on)
7. Run MiFlash Unlock (Run as Administrator).
8. Sign in the same account which is logged in this device.
9. Unlock (This will erase all your data, Everything on Internal storage)
10. After unlock, Device will reboot.
11. Complete the setup, If you have find my device ON it will ask the password
12. Boot Redmi 6 pro to fastboot mode (Power off > wait 5 sec > Press Vol Down - > Power on)
13. Download TWRP Image. and copy image to adb folder -> https://dl.twrp.me/sakura/
14. Download this zip - https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...2&d=1540504900
15. Thanx to mtk_xda for above attachment.
16. Run cmd (Run as Administrator).
17. Use this command to boot the image > fastboot boot twrp-sakura.img
18. Wipe/Formats Data.
19. Install Disable-Force-Encryption-TWRP-flashable-zip-TREBLE.zip
20. Reboot to Recovery.
21. Reboot to System. - Done



I have just unlocked the device without any wait and wrote the all the steps.

PS : I have installed my favorite font via twrp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-27-19-09-53-779_com.android.settings.png
Views:	1764
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	4628330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-27-19-14-41-427_com.android.settings.png
Views:	1736
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	4628331  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spacexgen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spacexgen Ad-Free
 
 
27th October 2018, 06:22 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacexgen

I take no assurance that this will work for everybody.. Do at your own risk.

Take Full Backup of your phone, contacts, SMS and all your internal storage files.

1. Settings-> About Phone-> click 5 times on MIUI version - This will enable developer options.
2. Settings-> Additional Settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status -> add account here

If you get any error, logout your mi account and login again and repeat step 2.

3. Settings-> Additional Settings > Developer Options > Check on OEM unlocking
4. Install adb driver. - > https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2588979
5. Download MiFlash unlock > https://en.miui.com/unlock/download_en.html
6. Boot Redmi 6 pro to fastboot mode (Power off > wait 5 sec > Press Vol Down - > Power on)
7. Run MiFlash Unlock (Run as Administrator).
8. Sign in the same account which is logged in this device.
9. Unlock (This will erase all your data, Everything on Internal storage)
10. After unlock, Device will reboot.
11. Complete the setup, If you have find my device ON it will ask the password
12. Boot Redmi 6 pro to fastboot mode (Power off > wait 5 sec > Press Vol Down - > Power on)
13. Download TWRP Image. and copy image to adb folder -> https://dl.twrp.me/sakura/
14. Download this zip - https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...2&d=1540504900
15. Thanx to mtk_xda for above attachment.
16. Run cmd (Run as Administrator).
17. Use this command to boot the image > fastboot boot twrp-sakura.img
18. Wipe/Formats Data.
19. Install Disable-Force-Encryption-TWRP-flashable-zip-TREBLE.zip
20. Reboot to Recovery.
21. Reboot to System. - Done



I have just unlocked the device without any wait and wrote the all the steps.

PS : I have installed my favorite font via twrp

can you please update your mi account details so that we can unlock our phones
1st November 2018, 06:39 AM |#3  
jaomi's Avatar
Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Why download that wierd zip at stage 14 and not just flash TWRP.img file to recovery partition? :S
1st November 2018, 06:47 AM |#4  
coolek33's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zadupie
Thanks Meter: 1,771
 
More
I think it disables encryption in twrp so you don't have to do the factory reset. Anyways I did without this zip. Unlocked bootloader, fastboot flashed twrp, fastboot booted twrp. Made factory reset in twrp. Flashed twrp.img in twrp (just in case). Wiped dalvick, cache, data, internal storage and flashed my desired rom (miuipro). Of corse I used memory card to make this process easier.
1st November 2018, 01:46 PM |#5  
jaomi's Avatar
Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Yeah it worked for me as well, dident use the zip at step 14. Just fastboot boot twrp, flash to recovery partition, factory reset wipe. (data, cache & dalvik) and then flash rom of choice.
Thanks a lot!
2nd November 2018, 11:05 AM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaomi

Why download that wierd zip at stage 14 and not just flash TWRP.img file to recovery partition? :S

14th step for disable encryption, otherwise twrp ask password.
The Following User Says Thank You to spacexgen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spacexgen Ad-Free
20th November 2018, 12:50 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thank you bro with your guidance i installed twrp successfully thouse who are facing problem please do one thing use sd card to store twrp and disable force encryption file not phone memory
21st November 2018, 08:30 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Bit noob here, how can I flash the zip to disable encryption when I'm not able to read my internal storage after flashing twrp through fastboot. So basically I'm not able to flash twrp. Do I need to buy a sd card for flashing twrp, no other way?
21st November 2018, 07:24 PM |#9  
coolek33's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zadupie
Thanks Meter: 1,771
 
More
Well. Noobs should read first before post. Read at least the post bofore yours.
22nd November 2018, 08:09 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolek33

Well. Noobs should read first before post. Read at least the post bofore yours.

Noob read the first post as well the post above but pros didn't understand what noob is asking. Without sd card can we do this? as I'm not able to read internal storage after flashing twrp image, also we need to format internal storage to disable encryption and obviously that deletes the twrp.img file. So my simple question was can I flash twrp without sd card? If yes please tell me how, as I am noob. Thank you.
22nd November 2018, 10:01 AM |#11  
coolek33's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zadupie
Thanks Meter: 1,771
 
More
Put twrp on internal storage.
Flash twrp with fastboot:
Fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Fastboot boot twrp.img
In twrp flash img again (just in case) to recovery partion.
Then factory reset in twrp or flash disable-encryption zip. Reboot recovery.
Put your rom from pc to twrp via mtp (you can do this along with twpr.img if U will flash disable-encryption zip). Twrp should work in mtp mode. And then flash it with necessary wipes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes