[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Xiaomi Redmi 6 (cereus) by TWRPBuilder

Search This thread

hiitsrudd

May 7, 2018
Naabaho
I tried but I did not get to any page to fill out form(unlock permissions)? So I went ahead tried to unlock but was denied & gave a wait time of 717 hours?

bilatche

Dec 7, 2010
Now we have a TWRP recovery,
but
does this TWRP work for flashing a AOSP treble GSI rom?
Does everything work (calls, camera, fingerprint)?
thanks.

bilatche

Dec 7, 2010
Someone knows which treble aosp rom (Oreo or pie) enables fingerprint, both camera, phone calls and notification led?

rootz

Feb 5, 2007
OnePlus 8 Pro
My REDMI 6 (BL) is unlocked.

Have tried to install the TWRP and it showed that it works (on command prompt screen). However, when I restart to recovery, it still ends up on Mi recovery. Anyone can advise? Thanks.

Slash Wu

Mar 2, 2015
i dont get it, i've tried several times to install this twrp.img.
but as soon as i reboot {fastboot boot twrp.img} it just goes into the system, instead of recovery, and then when trying to reboot to recovery its still the xiaomi recovery.
how do i prevent it from constantly replacing the twrp with the standard recovery??

i dont know how to install magisk or the other zip if i even cant get into twrp...

Have you figure it out ? I got the same result here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 For Xiaomi Redmi 6 (cereus) by TWRPBuilder
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Welcome, all Redmi 6 users, This is Lastest TWRP Recovery For your device By TWRPBuilder Team :D

CHANGELOG for 3.2.2-0:
    * adb backup fixes
    * OTA style update zips will now install automatically without prompting for decrypt
    * minor tweaks to handling date/time on Qualcomm devices
    * updates to some language translations

Downloads

Sources:

Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://github.com/TwrpBuilder/android_device_xiaomi_cereus"][COLOR="bule"]Device tree[/COLOR][/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project"][COLOR="bule"]TeamWin Github
    [/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

How to install:
    You must have fastboot installed on your pc and then:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Notes:
    You have to disable force encryption in order to access data partition:
    - Format data
    - Flash Magisk DFE or DisableForceEncryption zip, attached below.
    - If you flashed miui global/china you must flash magisk or the DisableForceEncryption zip before rebooting to the system, or recovery will be replaced!

Don't Forget to Hit Thanks :good:
    https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/twrpbuilder-t3744253
    Screenshots

attached :silly:
    same here: no chance to boot into twrp, even tough flash was successful

it actually works. Make sure you keep the vol+ button pressed for a while when you do the fastboot boot command.
    It will eventually go to a black screen after the mi logo. now wait about one minute and press the volume buttons and twrp suddenly appears!!.

After installing ROM, it got soft-bricked, Had to wipe cache and dalvik again after rebooting, then it worked.
    i dont get it, i've tried several times to install this twrp.img.
    but as soon as i reboot {fastboot boot twrp.img} it just goes into the system, instead of recovery, and then when trying to reboot to recovery its still the xiaomi recovery.
    how do i prevent it from constantly replacing the twrp with the standard recovery??

i dont know how to install magisk or the other zip if i even cant get into twrp...