FORUMS

[10.0 - Q] LineageOS 17 [UNOFFICIAL][TREBLE][pine]

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

Thread Closed Email Thread

LineageOS 17

I proudly present Lineage 17 for our Redmi 7A - pine.
Bugs
As far as I can tell, none!
Downloads
MOD EDIT: DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED
Gapps
You might have to install the Certification Patch!

Install guide[/CENTER]
  1. Mount System in TWRP
  2. Install rom from img
  3. Wipe dalvik+cache
  4. Install Gapps
  5. Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17 for pine, ROM for the Redmi 7A

Contributors
Fajormein
ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2019-11-30
Last Updated 2019-11-30
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fajormein For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fajormein Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 01:57 AM |#2  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Is this the same LOS 17 GSI image posted by Andy Yan? If so, I've loaded it and no wifi as of yet.

11-17 03:51:08.148 710 710 E [email protected]: finit_module return: -1: Required key not available
11-17 03:51:08.148 710 710 E [email protected]: Failed to load WiFi driver
11-17 03:51:08.148 710 710 E [email protected]: Failed to initialize firmware mode controller
11-17 03:51:08.149 710 710 E [email protected]: Wifi HAL start failed
3rd December 2019, 09:21 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
what is treble mean?
3rd December 2019, 01:39 PM |#4  
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roca4th01

what is treble mean?

Here, read this.

How to flash a Generic System Image (GSI) on Project Treble supported devices
6th December 2019, 09:24 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can we please confirm if this rom has wi-fi problem or not?
Since my Redmi 7A MIUI 11 is working flawlessly, is there a way to backupit and test this ROM, and possibly revert to backup?

Thanks.
6th December 2019, 03:52 PM |#6  
Flag Rosario

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by depaul9999

Can we please confirm if this rom has wi-fi problem or not?
Since my Redmi 7A MIUI 11 is working flawlessly, is there a way to backupit and test this ROM, and possibly revert to backup?

Thanks.

Hi depaul9999
I'm certain you could help with that. I tried the ROM, and didn't have any issue with the Wi-Fi. You could make a nandroid backup in TWRP and then try the ROM to tell us your case.
9th December 2019, 08:42 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo707

Hi depaul9999
I'm certain you could help with that. I tried the ROM, and didn't have any issue with the Wi-Fi. You could make a nandroid backup in TWRP and then try the ROM to tell us your case.

Thank you jmo707.
I tried it yesterday but I encountered two issues:
-I can compose the number but when I touch the call button it freezes until I restart the phone.
-Google Play store isn't installed by default. I downloaded APK versions of Google Play, and Google Play Services, but nevertheless Google Store keeps crashing whenever I launch it.

That's it : good Android 10 rom but maybe it still needs some improvement, and I can't complain since I was just testing and I probably missed something.
The Following User Says Thank You to depaul9999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift depaul9999 Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 12:58 PM |#8  
Flag Rosario

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by depaul9999

Thank you jmo707.
I tried it yesterday but I encountered two issues:
-I can compose the number but when I touch the call button it freezes until I restart the phone.
-Google Play store isn't installed by default. I downloaded APK versions of Google Play, and Google Play Services, but nevertheless Google Store keeps crashing whenever I launch it.

That's it : good Android 10 rom but maybe it still needs some improvement, and I can't complain since I was just testing and I probably missed something.

I don't have a clue about the phone issue, but regarding the Play Store not being installed... is that so even if you install Gapps? The only time I had to install Play Store as a package was when I installed gappless roms, with Microg.

You are probably right about the improvements still ahead. We will need to do more testing and give feedback whenever possible, since this is not exactly a wildly popular phone here en XDA and the development has his own rythm.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmo707 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jmo707 Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 03:13 PM |#9  

More
Thank you I'm sure I installed Gapps after installing the rom image.
10th December 2019, 12:03 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
my phone bootloops everytime i flash the rom, help please!!!!!!

greetings from sweden
10th December 2019, 06:20 PM |#11  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm following up to my comment/ask about the wifi issue. I'm sure others have had this issue as well since there is another thread that talks about this (custom GSI).

The wifi problem is based on the boot.img. If you ordered the Global edition of this phone, you may have gotten the EU version. How do you know? My guess is that you'll get the EU charger with US attachment. I ordered the Global version and got the EU one. I, mistakenly, was using the Global boot.img (and patched varieties) to boot it, and it would boot fine. But the wifi would never work. When I reverted to using the EU boot.img, it booted and had wifi working.

For those that want to replicate this: download the STOCK rom from a reputable source (try xiaomifirmwareupdater dot com/miui/pine and getdroidtips dot com/xiaomi-redmi-7-stock-firmware). Mods, please advise if these are not preferred sites for whatever reason.
  • Once you get the stock rom, unzip it and look for the boot.img file. Make sure it is for your correct version (Global or EU).
  • Reboot to fastboot.
  • Run: fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • Reboot.
  • Should boot fine, but I think you will need to repatch with Magisk if you use it (in TWRP).

Since doing this, the phone works fine. Let me know if there are any errors in this post.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to artaxisbored For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift artaxisbored Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread