FORUMS

[ROM][Redmi 7A][PINE][10.0] LineageOS 17.1 [Unofficial]

66 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By priyabrat MI, Member on 24th February 2020, 02:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

HTML Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now maybe void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
 * war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some
 * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

About project
LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) for Redmi 7A (pine)

What's working :
•Boots
•WIFI
•Audio
•Sensors
•LED
•Hotspost
•Bluetooth
•Encryption
•Camera
•And rest things

[UPDATE-03/03/2020]
CHANGELOGS:

• Fixed in call audio
• Added support for VoLTE

Known Bugs :
•SElinux Permissive
•Expanded desktop doesn't work. LineageOS team planning to remove this feature entirely.
•APN Settings is not accessible (However, that won't cause any issues as I've included all probable APNs in my build)

Instructions
•Reboot to Recovery
•Take a full backup
•Wipe Dalvik-Cache, Cache, System, Data
•Flash the ROM
•Flash GApps (optional)
•Format Data by typing "yes"
•Flash Magisk (optional)
•Reboot to System

Downloads
ROM: lineage-17.1-20200302-UNOFFICIAL-pine.zip
GApps: Any 32 bit Gapps OpenGapps, NikGapps or BitGapps
Recovery: PitchBlack (Optional)
Magisk: Latest Magisk build (If you want root)

Reporting Bugs
DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
Code:
HTML Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
Hit Thanks if you wanna support and like this project ;D Happy Flashing

XDA-DevDB Information
[ROM][BETA][pine][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 7A

Contributors
priyabratMI
YaAlex
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI v10.2.5.0 (MUST)

Version Information

Created 2020-02-22
Last Updated 2020-03-03
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to priyabrat MI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift priyabrat MI Ad-Free
GuestX01072
24th February 2020, 08:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Good performance
Very good battery life
Ambient display not working (23.2. image)

Great work, looking forward to a final release.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
26th February 2020, 01:50 PM |#3  
Flag Brampton, ON
Thanks Meter: 180

More
This custom ROM looks like it could be worth a try. The first post says that MIUI v10.2.5.0 firmware is required but what if the Redmi 7A is on MIUI 11? Is that okay?
26th February 2020, 02:05 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
You have to downgrade. Otherwise lineage will not boot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schwatter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schwatter Ad-Free
29th February 2020, 04:08 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Just wanted to use this i love lineage,running on my zuk z2...but volte is what is have to use 😢
1st March 2020, 03:49 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
partner if I want to root in the ROM just flashes magisk? or do you need to flash another plugin? Why are there some ROMs of other computers that have magisk root to flash and another complement so that something like a permission is not brickee, in this ROM for redmi 7a it is only the magisk and it starts the system?
The Following User Says Thank You to jason2781 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jason2781 Ad-Free
1st March 2020, 11:33 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Been using the rom a few hours. Performing amazing! The only real issue is with the in call audio as written, everything else works amazing. Maybe the signal is a bit lower than with miui, but that's fine. Hope the call audio issue gets fixed asap! Thank you! 😀
Update: bluetooth audio is also not working. Completely frozen video playback when bluetooth audio device is connected.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingerboy92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gingerboy92 Ad-Free
1st March 2020, 10:28 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
friend did you root? and you just flashed the magisk file or some other file other than the magisk to boot the system ??
1st March 2020, 11:41 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Depressing what xda have turned into.. before more people ask, yes, root is easy, just flash magisk, no need to do anything. This is not gsi or miui rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to gingerboy92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gingerboy92 Ad-Free
2nd March 2020, 05:09 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbyWC

This custom ROM looks like it could be worth a try. The first post says that MIUI v10.2.5.0 firmware is required but what if the Redmi 7A is on MIUI 11? Is that okay?

You base firmware must be MIUI v10.2.5.0 . Otherwise, it will not boot.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to priyabrat MI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift priyabrat MI Ad-Free
2nd March 2020, 05:11 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebrupGhosh

Just wanted to use this i love lineage,running on my zuk z2...but volte is what is have to use

I am working on it to fix VoLTE. Please keep patience
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to priyabrat MI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift priyabrat MI Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
pine, redmi7a, sdm439

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)