FORUMS

[ROM][9.0][OFFICIAL][PINE][NIGHTLY][SHARE] MoKee Open Source Android Project

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By Luelu, Junior Member on 28th October 2019, 07:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Code:

/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * I am not the maintainer or developer, I found this and wanted to share it on XDA
*/
MoKee Open Source is the biggest non-profit Android Open Source development team in China, with members from all parts of the world. We follow the latest development from Google closely and improve various parts of Android according to the user habits. Being a non-profit organisation, we utilise our spare time and own funds to keep this passion alive. Therefore, the costs for the forum and servers are solely beared by us. In order to provide a good user experience, we only included a few preinstalls in the ROM. Along with the advertisements in the forum; we hardly get enough to pay for the bandwidth. The point is, those are our only source of income, however many developers choose to exclude them when releasing unofficial builds. Unlike CyanogenMod, we did not accept monetary help at the early stages, as in China, most people do not understand the meaning of “making a donation”. They would think of it as buying a service, which is conflicting with our objectives. Anyways, we still made it until today, and even started to provide third party developers a chance to utilise our OTA system. All of these are the fruit of our hard work and passion. We are proud of the happy users, and we are also proud of the support given to MoKee Open Source. Most importantly, we are proud of the improvements we have achieved all these while, and the advancements never stop.
I AM NOT THE DEVELOPER OF THIS ROM AND I ONLY MAKE THIS THREAD FOR XDA COMMUNITY. IN ANY CASE, MOKEE AND GuaiYiHu HAS ALL THE RIGHTS OVER THIS ROM.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS
  • VoLTE
  • ViLTE
Known issues:
  • You tell me
Instructions :
  • Download this TWRP Recovery and install it.
  • Download the ROM (MK90.0-pine-xxxxxxxxxx-NIGHTLY.zip)
  • Go into TWRP Recovery — Wipe — Advanced Wipe — Select: Dalvik、Data、Cache、System — Swipe to Wipe
  • Install the ROM (MK90.0-pine-xxxxxxxxxx-NIGHTLY.zip)
  • If you have problems during the flash, you have to unpack the archive and delete the "compatibility" file. Once that is done, put all the files together in a new archive. ZIP, and you will have no problems during flash.

Downloads:
MoKee Add-Ons:
MoKee Help & Support links:
Sources: https://github.com/GuaiYiHu/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm439

Credits:
  • GuaiYiHu
  • Mokee Development Team
  • LineageOS

If you like it, don´t forget to say thanks!

XDA:DevDB Information
Mokee Open Source Project, ROM for the Redmi 7A, ROM for the Redmi 7A

Contributors
GuaiYiHu
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Based On: Mokee Open Source Project

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 2019-10-27
Beta Release Date: 2019-10-24

Created 2019-10-28
Last Updated 2019-10-28
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191028-042340.jpg
Views:	8412
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	4858517   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191028-042405.jpg
Views:	8426
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	4858519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191028-042433.jpg
Views:	8394
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	4858521  
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Luelu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Luelu Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 07:50 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Santo Ângelo/RS

More
Release types:
  • RELEASE: Tested after integrating new features, more stable than NIGHTLY. (Odexed builds)
  • NIGHTLY: Built daily with newest code and experimental features, might contain undiscovered bugs. (Deodexded builds)
  • HISTORY: Final odexded builds once a newer Android version is out and being built.
  • EXPERIMENTAL: Released when a new device is added or when a new feature is added for public beta testing and feedback. (Deodexded builds)
  • UNOFFICIAL: Maintained separately by individual developers, usually involves modification of shared code which cannot be merged (affects other devices), therefore maintained by the developer himself.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Luelu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Luelu Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 08:40 AM |#3  
Flag Roxas
Thanks Meter: 4

More
This is nice, but I think the flashing method is "copy pasted" from original site, and therefore will not work on this device. But i am not sure.

what i meant that wont work is that this device's normal flashing method requires a lot of reboot to recovery, while the OP's instructions is for A devices only.
28th October 2019, 08:52 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Santo Ângelo/RS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by regularfanb0y

This is nice, but I think the flashing method is "copy pasted" from original site, and therefore will not work on this device. But i am not sure.

what i meant that wont work is that this device's normal flashing method requires a lot of reboot to recovery, while the OP's instructions is for A devices only.

Actually 7A is A-only device, working as system-as-root.
The OP's instructions are right, cuz I installed it this way and everything works fine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luelu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Luelu Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 09:50 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank you this is a good step forward. I'm going to try this rom later this evening.
28th October 2019, 11:25 AM |#6  
Flag Pescara
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wipe data of format data?
Coming from stock MIUI 11 Android 9 do I have to format the data partition or to wipe it? Usually MIUI to AOSP needs a format.
The Following User Says Thank You to Davv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davv Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 02:33 PM |#7  
Flag Roxas
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luelu

Actually 7A is A-only device, working as system-as-root.
The OP's instructions are right, cuz I installed it this way and everything works fine.

Alright my bad, but flashing a gsi rom, we need to restart a lot(wipe, reboot to recovery, flash gsi, reboot to recovery, flash zips, reboot to system)

While this rom is installed in a traditional way (wipe and flash just like the old days) if someone can explain why itll be really appreciated.

I am really new to GSI and this phone but i am willing to help testing stuffs for development for this device! only if TWRP restore function works
28th October 2019, 04:32 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Santo Ângelo/RS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davv

Coming from stock MIUI 11 Android 9 do I have to format the data partition or to wipe it? Usually MIUI to AOSP needs a format.

Nop, just wipe.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luelu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Luelu Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 09:31 PM |#9  
Flag Pescara
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luelu

Nop, just wipe.

Thank you so much

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

cant download twrp, I cant create a QQ Account, evrytime i try to verificate my phone number it asks to send an sms to a chinese number but that doesnt work. can someone reupload it on some other cloud service?
29th October 2019, 01:32 AM |#10  
Flag Ask google
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I appreciate your work, but TWRP is impossible to download, not with all these chinese characters. I see a QR code but I want to download to my PC first.
Even google was unable translate it
29th October 2019, 08:13 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzda

I appreciate your work, but TWRP is impossible to download, not with all these chinese characters. I see a QR code but I want to download to my PC first.
Even google was unable translate it

I used twrp LR team from gsi post and worked with this recovery.if you need root download su add .magisk don't work...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mais 14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mais 14 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)