Thanks Meter: 1,615

By jajk, Senior Member on 30th March 2016, 04:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th October 2016, 12:28 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cukierkas

To say the truth, I don't care what nm is used. I prefer no lag feeling with battery backup. Mtk is not in this range

Nanometer is the thec. used to make cpus. Refeers the size of an metal or something idk. Smaller part means much less resistance which means less energy lost from heat and less energy lost means less energy used. So It makes a BIG difference
30th October 2016, 01:05 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 671

More
I know all that. But smaller parts means bigger heating. It's in need to be dispersed somehow

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
30th October 2016, 01:51 PM |#1003  
OP Senior Member

More
@cukierkas Just fishing to see if I could get a bite
The Following User Says Thank You to jajk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jajk Ad-Free
30th October 2016, 02:04 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 347

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cukierkas

I know all that. But smaller parts means bigger heating. It's in need to be dispersed somehow

Actually a smaller die size it's fabricated on means less heat and less energy is required to power it. So it's more of a less is more situation.
30th October 2016, 02:32 PM |#1005  
OP Senior Member

More
@cukierkas Just been looking around and see that Kate is just a Kenzo with different modem firmware (and possibly hardware) for extra bands. You can flash custom Kenzo Kernels on it providing you have unlocked bootloader first of course. I would be researching that path since a true custom kernel will give you a lot more than a skinny boot image.
@AssToast is correct, less nanometers = smaller die size = less power consumed. There is no increasing problem pulling the heat out of the smaller die.
Qualcomm has lost its edge now that TSMC is building 14nm and 10nm SoCs for Mediatek. Maybe Qualcomm should buy into the simpler automotive electronics market and quit the phone market
If only MTK would learn how to write better code to start with and then remember their responsibility to release the source code!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jajk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jajk Ad-Free
30th October 2016, 03:25 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 347

More
@jajk I read that Qualcomm is looking forward to acquiring NXP Semiconductors
30th October 2016, 04:07 PM |#1007  

More
So tell me why Hermes was sometime so hot, that I could fry eggs on it?
Optimization? I guess so.
Jajk, Kate got different camera module, fingerprint sensor newer and different modem with wider antennas. So it's longer than Kenzo more than 2mm.
Was thinking to buy Kenzo first, but 4g wider band support convinced me to get Kate.
Will see later on on the kernels, but not sure if Kenzo kernel would fully support Kate's fingerprints scanner. Next week we will see. Now family time, will inform in next week's time about breakages.
And yes, my bootloader is unlocked officially.

Edit, update with same battery run. And it's only half battery left

31st October 2016, 01:27 AM |#1008  
OP Senior Member

More
Skinny_Pro_MIUI8_Tweaked-v13b.img uploaded. This one adds a little more aggressive settings for 4G and WiFi in send direction (uploading). Feedback please....

Skinny-SuperSU-v2.78-SR2-arm64.zip posted. Only for arm64 cpus - support for everything else stripped out.

@cukierkas Hermes is smokin' hot - at least that's what Kate told me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jajk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jajk Ad-Free
31st October 2016, 04:37 AM |#1009  
OP Senior Member

More
This is a little bit OT but here it is anywho...
MIUI8 Toggles.zip posted.
If you simply want to alter the displayed number of rows and columns for Toggles or maybe change some font sizes in the status bar, download the file and read the enclosed instructions
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jajk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jajk Ad-Free
31st October 2016, 08:02 AM |#1010  

More
Yep, Hermes is smoking hot. At least while jajk's settings weren't applied
Yesterday I tried some Kenzo kernels. One wrecked finger sensor, another one - camera.
So, libs are different
Regards.

31st October 2016, 11:21 AM |#1011  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jajk

Skinny_Pro_MIUI8_Tweaked-v13b.img uploaded. This one adds a little more aggressive settings for 4G and WiFi in send direction (uploading). Feedback please....

Skinny-SuperSU-v2.78-SR2-arm64.zip posted. Only for arm64 cpus - support for everything else stripped out.

@cukierkas Hermes is smokin' hot - at least that's what Kate told me

So, no need to have init script loaded?

Išsiųsta naudojantis Redmi Note 3 Tapatalk 4 Lt
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)