1,425 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,614

By jajk, Senior Member on 30th March 2016, 04:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th March 2016, 10:28 PM |#11  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 12

More
If a have a weekly miui based on Miui V 7.3 beta, will it work?
31st March 2016, 12:38 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
@tonydeli7 Did you give it some time on touchboost 403? I find it does not contribute to lags perceptibly.

@algida79 The most bug free ROM I have come across is MR7.2.30 ID (ported from reno3). I think I had a link to that in the Skinny thread.
Don't load the preloader, uboot or logo from this ROM - edit the updater-script to remove flashing of these. You will need to do an intermediate flash of 7.1.3 or 7.1.4 using SP Flash tool to get all the partitions the way they need to be if coming from an ancient ROM.

@Dnxss Yes it will still work.
The Following User Says Thank You to jajk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jajk Ad-Free
31st March 2016, 01:23 AM |#13  
Flag Greece
Thanks Meter: 19

More
@jajk Half an hour I think. I had no lag,just my preference

The phone usage is mostly surfing,facebook,twitter,music playback etc etc with no gaming.
GPS SYNC 3G all on..
Installed app count is around 120..
Includes six reboots while testing ZRAM(disabled it), and if it's good to deactivate Whetstone app.
I also used the app Autostarts to disable useless receivers for many apps like FB etc,and disabled Mail,Voice Unlock,PicoTTS.

I am satisfied..

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1459380137209.jpg
Views:	1328
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	3702186   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1459380150247.jpg
Views:	1328
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	3702187  
31st March 2016, 01:41 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
@tonydeli7 Whetstone app is a source of a lot of spyware but is not a straight forward removal but you will find that out...
can then also delete:
/etc/WhetstonePermission folder
/system/lib
libwhetstone_jni.so
libwhetstone_sdk.so
/system/lib64
libwhetstone_jni.so
libwhetstone_sdk.so
The Following User Says Thank You to jajk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jajk Ad-Free
31st March 2016, 01:49 AM |#15  
Flag Greece
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Yeap, I searched a bit. I am using the Multirom Stable and after flashing the kernel,Whetstone crashes sometimes.
Didn't notice anything weird after freezing it..
This rom doesn't have the line
persist.sys.whetstone.level=2
in the build.prop for some reason.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
31st March 2016, 04:25 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
@tonydeli7 Whetstone is linked to the mcd service to make things harder to unravel as in all Xiaomi apps. The boot.img disables mcd which is why you will see Whetsone having a fit sometimes. Completely removing Whetstone is a very good thing to do - it may give you an FC on Battery app, delete that too - it chews battery and does not affect normal operation!!!

Anyone wanting to increase their privacy, rename /system/xbin/tunman to tunmanbak. This is the Xunlei data saver/spyware tunneling manager. It is disabled from starting in the boot.img but will still run if called upon like all of the disabled services - they still exist, but not started by default. Make sure it is disabled in the Download Manager Settings
There is another service /sbin/mdbd that appears to be a method of tunneling over usb connections to gain access to a network and on to P.R.C. It is disabled in the boot.img already but I will rename this one in a next revision to be doubly sure it will not start.
31st March 2016, 06:08 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Discovered an issue of some apps not recognizing internal sdcard so new versions posted to fix this plus rename /sbin/mdbd to mdbdbak to prevent it from being started after boot. See previous post for the reason.

Back up your internal sdcard contents if you flashed the original images - you will loose everything on sdcard0.
No action needs to be taken if this is a first-time flash.
31st March 2016, 07:49 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@jajk How come this version doesn't just dump sd to folder 0? What was merged between miui and pro boot images?
31st March 2016, 09:39 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
@Sleepy_Augie It is a very complex issue how Android provides a virtual filesystem for SDCards. I thought I could implement it in a simpler fashion as per Android 5.1 which worked well except apps like the stock Contacts are stuck in the dark ages and are hard-coded to still look for the emulated/0 folder for the internal sdcard - not storage/sdcard0.
So going from stock to my original mod leaves an orphaned folder which becomes named 0 because it belonged to user 0. Going back the other way the folder representing access to sdcard0 simply disappears.
The real location of files that appear on the internal emulated sdcard is always /data/media. All other folders that appear to be the same thing are only symlinks to this. Make sense
31st March 2016, 10:11 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey @jajk ,
Thanks for the reply, but I have done exactly everything you said and followed all of your steps, but after one day using it, I do not notice any change on battery life, it is still so bad, I have tried everyrom (and every way that was suggested from other users on XDA and MIUI forums including every battery calibration thing) I came across since I bought my RN2p and the maximum battery life I got is nearly 4:30 hours on screen!! After I flashed the boot.img I noticed a slightly more speed booting up the device, the performance is the same (which is good because am all satisfied about the performance except for the battery life).
I have flashed smiui today and it's slightly better consuming energy than the previous ones...
Maybe I have done something wrong doing the 01tweaks thing, if you can upload me yours so I can try paste it in /system/etc/int.d folder, if that will work, then I will be so thankful to you. And if you have any suggestions that I could do to improve and enhance the crazy energy draining then I will be more thankful.
31st March 2016, 10:47 AM |#21  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 2

More
@aghr11

What are your screen brightness settings? Our phone's Tianma LCD panel is notorious for consuming extra energy compared to others. Maybe try to lower the brightness a bit and avoid using auto brightness when possible?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)