Confirmed working on most MIUI builds for Redmi Note 2. (7.0.12, 7.0.14, 126.96.36.199 CHINA, 188.8.131.52 CHINA, 5.12.24, 5.12,23, 5.11.1 etc)
Does not work on Global stable MIUI Builds beyond 7.0.12; however, it works in equivalent China builds.
- Rooted Redmi Note 2 (or MediaTek based device on MIUI 7 ROM)
- TWRP or CWM recovery installed
- Flashable zip file containing ClearMotion libraries ported to MIUI
- Download the file "Enable_ClearMotion_v2_for_Redmi_Note_2_by_Hasaan6 545.zip" and place it in your sdcard
- Reboot into recovery and backup your ROM (as a precaution).
- Flash the file. Reboot
- Play a video using MX Player (or any player that supports HW decoding) and feel the difference
Method 2 (Only for those who can not flash the zip for any reason; you may attempt manual installation).
- Download the file "Enable_ClearMotion_v2a_for_Redmi_Note_2_by_Hasaan 6545.zip" and place it in your sdcard. Extract the folder.
- Using "Root Explorer", navigate to "system/build.prop" and use its built in text editor to add the following lines at the end of the file. Don't forget to add an extra empty line at the end.
persist.sys.display.clearMotion=1 persist.clearMotion.fblevel.nrm=255 persist.clearMotion.fblevel.bdr=255 ro.mtk_clearmotion_support=1 ro.mtk_slow_motion_support=1 ro.mtk_16x_slowmotion_support=1
- Using Root Explorer, copy the libraries located in the zip file's system/lib folder into your phone's "root>system>lib" directory.
- Reboot your system and play a video to see the difference (if the mod worked for you)
Download link: HERE
WHY NOT SIMPLY USE AOSP ROMs FOR CLEARMOTION ON REDMI NOTE 2?
AOSP ROMs for Redmi Note 2 offer ClearMotion and MiraVision by default; however, there are advantages of using ClearMotion on MIUI instead of switching to AOSP:
- Camera with MediaTek's InstantFocus™ and TrueBright™ technology: On MIUI, we retain a good quality camera that we have to sacrifice when switching to AOSP. (Yes, the fast focus speeds and superior image quality on MIUI ROMs are not due to the "so-called" PDAF sensor; it's because of Helio X10's InstantFocus and TrueBright technologies; both of which are operational in MIUI Camera.
- Most AOSP ROMs for Redmi Note 2 are (currently) plagued by an assortment of deep sleep bugs that pop up at times and drain battery during standby. This is very annoying; and is attributable to AOSP Lollipop Build 5.0.x more than the ports itself.
- Slow Motion feature on MIUI is superior to that in AOSP's (the latter needs the stock camera app and saves videos that can be played in slow motion only through the stock video player; whereas MIUI actually exports a slow motion video in mp4 format that can be played using any player, and can also be shared)
- I really feel suited to AOSP, but the MIUI ROM also has much eye candy to offer.
If you like this mod, don't forget to hit the thanks button!!
This is an answer to those who claim that this mod makes the ROM stagefright vulnerable (Ironically, the same people include this mod within their ROMS)
30/12 V2 released: Added build.prop tweak in the zip file so installation is much more simpler. Stagefright issue investigated: Modifications in an older AOSP-based libstagefright.so included in this mod are necessary for the mod to work. Those of you who are still upset about stagefright alarm in some stagefright testing apps, please consider the following:
1. You may simply disable MMS auto-retrieval for their safety
2. Flash this patch that disables stagefright functions using build.prop (Credits: Edzamber, source) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/gi...ld.prop_v2.zip
3. There is very, very little possiblity that the stagefright bug will ever be exploited against you; whereas the mod is yours for everyday use.
Happy modding everyone