Based on leaked Xiaomi 5.1.1 AOSP ROM (Build 300)
Cleaned, prerooted and fingerprint compatible
I've decided to take the time and hack together a quick TWRP-compatible ZIP of the leaked AOSP ROM with a few goodies on top so that we have at least one stable non-MIUI ROM to keep us going until CM13 is ready for daily driving.
Before people ask:
- This ROM doesn't have OTA support, and it won't be updated on a regularly basis.
- Yes, its capable of daily-driving with no big issues whatsoever.
- Yes, you need a unlocked bootloader to flash this (the unofficial bootloader unlock will work however).
- It's prerooted, pre-gapped and pre-xposed, so you will have essentially everything you will ever need already there.
Changes (when compared to the originally leaked AOSP ROM)
- Overlapping No-SIM Symbol has been removed
- Redundant SPN Debug Overlays have been removed
- Debug Buttons have been removed from the Recent Apps View
- APK Signature Check has been disabled in the Framework
- Debug applications have been removed
- Fingerprint reader support has been added
- SuperSU (Free) has been pre-installed
- Gapps are bundled
- Xposed is bundled
- Default language / region has been changed to en-US
- Merged SIM Signal Bars
- Translated Fingerprint implementation into several languages
- logd is disabled (as to avoid sdcard logspam)
Should you wish to support this (or other projects of mine), please consider donating a few bucks to me via PayPal.
Alternatively, if you like the general idea of bringing proper Android support to badly supported devices (mostly China-Phones), please consider becoming a patron to my "Bring CyanogenMod to China-Phones" movement over at Patreon by pledging a few dollars every month to move me closer to the goal of doing this for a living instead of only squeezing in a few hours every week next to my regular work.
Every support, no matter how tiny, is appreciated (but of course not required).
AOSP 5.1.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
MrColdbird, asoroka, sicmosh, Ion42, barmyman
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP
Stable Release Date: 2016-04-08
Last Updated 2016-04-19