[KERNEL][CM/AOSP][CAF][1.1]Corporal Kernel

Search This thread

Shahan_mik3

Mar 8, 2013
Bangalore
Yes, you can ask for features, but keep in mind OP. Westwood will be added, just wasn't a priority. QC 3 amps will never be included, because of the overkill. 2amp charging is more than fast enough.

Wise choice :) this and dominator are the kernels I would recommend to anyone for kenzo :D

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

fyi: Im working on a fauxsound port for our sound chipset

This is what I have been waiting for.. good work

M bored of all other same cloned kernels and amateur work xD

Last edited:

aaz03

Nov 26, 2013
I have a question why do builders always use 4.9 toolchains? Is it faster? Or does 5.x and 6.x have issues?

ashwaa

Jun 10, 2008
mumbai
Hey man great kernel
One of the best thing where all kernels fail
This kernel supports live display new cm settings but the bug where u see blue screen between spash screen and boit animation is not there
I encountered it in radon 2.0 so umang removed live display extra settings in 2.1 in rr official stock kernel
But it is not present in this this is just my review after 2 boots rest will tset the kernel abd tell this is the most fluid kernel
Thanks man u r the boss
I am on rr 5.7.3 official kernel too good
1st glitch with lve display gone
Thanks

aaz03

Nov 26, 2013
4.9 is one of the most stable.5.x is stable while 6.x is still wip and a bit buggy.

higher is not always better.
Well the thing is that i dont say that because 5>4 but because 5.x is a major update with lots ans lots of code optimisations and more compatibilities with latest aarch64 cpus so actually it COULD be better i see uber5.3 builds being used as daily drivers on oneplus and moto g forums and it looks stable. I was just wondering why do everyone stick with 4.9 by default

ashwaa

Jun 10, 2008
mumbai
Rr 5.7.3 official
Notification lights blink work
Vibration intensity work
Fp works
No blue screen between slash screen and boot animation
Screen display brilliant
Lovin this kernel

Ashish94

Sep 19, 2015
Kolkata
4.9 is one of the most stable.5.x is stable while 6.x is still wip and a bit buggy.

higher is not always better.
6.x is not at all buggy nor it is a wip. It hit stable status 3-4 months back.
Check the SC [emoji6]
uploadfromtaptalk1471086408576.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Ashish94

Sep 19, 2015
Kolkata
Hey man great kernel
One of the best thing where all kernels fail
This kernel supports live display new cm settings but the bug where u see blue screen between spash screen and boit animation is not there
I encountered it in radon 2.0 so umang removed live display extra settings in 2.1 in rr official stock kernel
But it is not present in this this is just my review after 2 boots rest will tset the kernel abd tell this is the most fluid kernel
Thanks man u r the boss
I am on rr 5.7.3 official kernel too good
1st glitch with lve display gone
Thanks
That blue flicker wasn't due to new live display update
This commit by FranciscoFranco fixed that-
https://github.com/franciscofranco/angler/commit/49001123c9fb8a1c2fe2e96220624df3735bfb5f

Reactions: karti_z5

thomas1991_12

Dec 20, 2009
Liempde
https://github.com/franciscofranco/angler/commit/49001123c9fb8a1c2fe2e96220624df3735bfb5f

Yes, that will be in the next update. Merged it 2 days ago. I build with 4.9 first to make sure all is good and if there are nog bugs I might give 5 or 6 a try. Sound control port won't be easy, haven't got it working yet.

Try it or die

May 17, 2013
Yes, that will be in the next update. Merged it 2 days ago. I build with 4.9 first to make sure all is good and if there are nog bugs I might give 5 or 6 a try. Sound control port won't be easy, haven't got it working yet.

I think that sound control could may solve the problem some people are facing with headphones, so I'm really looking forward for that. But I know that it's a lot harder to implement than adding governors or something like that. So take your time ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    corporal.png

Corporal kernel
    Corporal kernel exists because of my personal desire to rebase the kernel on the latest CAF release and merge in all upstream patches (up to 3.10.102). It aims to be stable, battery friendly without compromising performance and not to have too much overhead. It will never have overclocking, underclocking or undervolting as those are IMHO useless.

It features (among others):
    - Based on latest CAF (LA.BR.1.3.3)
    - Patched to 3.10.102
    - Google toolchain for stability
    - Sound Control
    - Impulse governor available
    - Noop, deadline, ROW, CFQ, BFQ, fiops
    - Dynamic fsync
    - Adreno idler
    - KCAL controls
    - Sofware CRC control
    - Powersuspend
    - Vibration control
    - A lot of patches (entropy, display, crypto, mm, arm etc)

Changelog
    24-08-2016
    - Updated CAF to rb1.24
    - Soundcontrol added
    - Multiple patches

Instructions
    - Suitable for most CM based ROM's
    - Flash zip from recovery

Download
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=16621#downloads

Source
    https://github.com/daeiron/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956/

For developers
    If you want to build yourself, get a toolchain and edit build/build.sh to point to that toolchain. Then run bash build/build.sh from root kernel directory. A flashable zip will appear in build/dist.
    I took the CM kernel and merged in the latest CAF patches and patched it up to 3.10.102, these commits could be useful to other kernel devs to, take a look at the source. There is also a branch called BASE upon which other work could be rebases, the branch already has latest CAF and upstream merged in

XDA:DevDB Information
    Corporal kernel, Kernel for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    thomas1991_12
    Source Code: https://github.com/daeiron/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956/

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-24

Created 2016-08-11
    Last Updated 2016-08-24
    Please read previous threads , and no need for that qc 3.0..
    fyi: Im working on a fauxsound port for our sound chipset
    Reserved

For other kernel developers:
    Please read the developer section in OP.