Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for kenzo. My philosophy on kernels is pretty simple:
- Follow upstream Linux always
- Security and stability are paramount
- Features will be added only as needed
- I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this. More on bug reporting policy here.
- Keep things civil, I do NOT tolerate flaming of any kind.
- UV Support ( Already UV'd with the best stable values)
- Updated to the latest security patch (August)
- Updated to the latest Linux upstream version (3.10.107)
- Several CVE fixes
- Upstream patches from CAF and Linux
- Touchboost force disabled
- KCAL color control
- Wake gestures (sweep2wake, doubletap2wake, sweep2sleep)
- Franco Sound Control and Flar2 Sound Control
- ZRAM support
- I/O schedulers (maple, noop, deadline, row, cfq, bfq, test-iosched, sioplus, zen, fiops)
- TCP Cong support (westwood, reno, bic, cubic, htcp, vegas, yeah, illinois, lp, scalable, veno, hybla, highspeed, )
- Wakelock controls
- F2FS support
- exFAT and NTFS support
- Compiled with a Linaro 6.4 TC
- Makefile optimizations (courtesy of @adinkwok)
- AnyKernel2(thanks to @osm0sis)
Nougat/Oreo : Download Folder
- If you are on the kernel that came with your ROM: flash the kernel zip and reboot
- If you are on a custom kernel: dirty flash your ROM zip, flash the kernel zip, and reboot
Upgrading from one version to the other:
Remove saved values at boot, flash the kernel zip and reboot
Frequently asked questions
1.1 Q: I am having an issue, can you help me?
1.1 A: I am not an amazing kernel developer but I will certainly try my best. First, start by reading the release posts, as I may make note of a particular issue. Also search the thread to see if I have discussed it before. If you see nothing, please provide me with a dmesg/last_kmsg and logcat, your ROM/kernel version, and a detailed description of the issue, following this guide. If I can't reproduce reliably though, I'm not going to fix the issue.
1.2 Q: Can you add xyz feature?
1.2 A: If you link me the commits or tell me what kernel you had the feature in, I can take a look at them. I will not go digging super hard for commits and I will ignore requests that don't include this information. I won't promise that I will merge every request but I will always take it into consideration.
1.3 Q: How do I control the kernel?
1.3 A: I'd recommend using either @flar2's EX Kernel Manager or @Yoinx's Kernel Adiutor-Mod; both are extremely solid and have given me no issues.
1.4 Q: What ROM are you on? What are your settings?
1.4 A: Currently, I am on AICP and my settings are available here here
1.5 Q: OMFG MY BATTERY SUXXXX PLS FIX!!!
1.5 A: The kernel doesn't drain any battery, use an app like BetterBatteryStats to figure out what app is screwing with your phone.
1.6 Q: Does it boot in BlackscreenOS ?
1.6 A: I don't know. You can try.
1.8 Q: Can you add Quick Charge support ?
1.8 A: No.
1.9 Q: Bro, i have kate variant, can i use it ?
1.9 A: Of course.
2.0 Q: QC support ?
2.0 A: Don't be ridiculous.
2.2 Q: How about GCC 7 support ?
2.2 A: Currently, GCC 7 cannot be booted on kenzo.
2.3 Q: Why it shows me random max frequencies?
2.3 A: If you're using LOS Based rom is an expected behaviour, don't worry, it won't ruin your performance, is same as before.
2.4 Q: Slow charge bro please fix!
2.4 A: Bro pl0x upd8te fermware.
2.5 Q: Core 6 is offline bro!
2.5 A: Really? wew, enable it and make it default at boot.
2.6 Q: Where i can find you sur?
2.6 A: Either on Telegram(My XDA Username) or G+ sur.
@osm0sis for AnyKernel2.
@Asphyxiate666 for making me to open this thread.
@nathanchance for allowing me to kang his thread template.
@SitiSchu for the thread banner!
All of you guys for viewing the thread!
IceColdKernel, Kernel for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Source Code: https://github.com/dragonGR/IceColdKernel
Kernel Special Features:
Current Stable Version: 2018-01-30
Last Updated 2018-01-30