FORUMS

[ROM][7.1.x][KENZO] Official Mokee Open Source Project Development

684 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,019
 
By EsromTech, Recognized Developer on 6th December 2016, 12:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th January 2017, 06:04 PM |#121  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsrp53

Oh...i see

By the way
how's the room for daily use ?
do you face any issues related to camera, flash, fingerprint or any such issue which may be problematic in day to day use. And for flashing mokee do we need to be specific MIUI version ?
18th January 2017, 06:16 PM |#122  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahikp

By the way
how's the room for daily use ?
do you face any issues related to camera, flash, fingerprint or any such issue which may be problematic in day to day use. And for flashing mokee do we need to be specific MIUI version ?

The Camera and flashlight bugs are present on every Nougat based ROM for kenzo. I can confirm that as i have personally tried out many nougat ROMs myself. Camera crashing is the least on this ROM for me as i have been using it for three days now and have encountered only a single crash in the camera app whilst switching from rear to front camera. And i can safely recommend this ROM to you as a daily driver as the battery life is great without flashing any custom kernel, which is great. Although, you won't find many customisation options here when compared to other ROMs like RR or even the Xenon HD. And no, you do not need to be on any specific version of MIUI to falsh this. Just follow the normal instructions and be a little cautious while falshing the later official CM14 firmware by strix if your MIUI is based on lollipop (latest Global stables are based on Marshmallow).
18th January 2017, 06:18 PM |#123  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsrp53

The Camera and flashlight bugs are present on every Nougat based ROM for kenzo. I can confirm that as i have personally tried out many nougat ROMs myself. Camera crashing is the least on this ROM for me as i have been using it for three days now and have encountered only a single crash in the camera app whilst switching from rear to front camera. And i can safely recommend this ROM to you as a daily driver as the battery life is great without flashing any custom kernel, which is great. Although, you won't find many customisation options here when compared to other ROMs like RR or even the Xenon HD. And no, you do not need to be on any specific version of MIUI to falsh this. Just follow the normal instructions and be a little cautious while falshing the later official CM14 firmware by strix if your MIUI is based on lollipop (latest Global stables are based on Marshmallow).

is it mandatory to flash cm14 firmware ?
if so can you provide me with the link where I can download the same ?
18th January 2017, 06:22 PM |#124  
Camlin3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsrp53

Oh...i see

No,its free to dwnld incremental upd8 right hover to its site,there must be ota link available right below .Hit thanks if i helped. Also it was not available in mm builds.
18th January 2017, 06:26 PM |#125  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahikp

is it mandatory to flash cm14 firmware ?
if so can you provide me with the link where I can download the same ?

It's not absolutely necessary if you device boots up just fine and works normally. And there is a good chance that it will but if it does not boot up then just reflash with the firmware. Here's the link - https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...10&postcount=2 i don't know though whether sharing links are legit or not
18th January 2017, 10:28 PM |#126  
mdnazmul.i404's Avatar
Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
can it wirk goodix FP
19th January 2017, 06:10 AM |#127  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsrp53

Hello!....First of all, thank you very much for the great work of putting together such an awesome ROM. I was using Xenon HD and though the battery life on that ROM is a serious problem as opposed to superior battery backup of this one (gets fine fine after flashing randon though), i mainly switched over to this ROM because i heard that this ROM supports incremental OTA updates. Since Jio has now trimmed down the data cap limit to 1 GB per day, downloading full ROMs frequently is not an option. However, when i check for updates, i am asked to download files of more that 500+ MBs in size. Can someone help me out? Will be very much appreciated. Thank You!

Just go to build.mokeedev.com , select nightly then select mokee from device list and it will list out all the the build in the same page we can OTA for each build.
You can download and install
19th January 2017, 08:16 AM |#128  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxy0202

Just go to build.mokeedev.com , select nightly then select mokee from device list and it will list out all the the build in the same page we can OTA for each build.
You can download and install

I have figured out the whole thing. There's a mokee centre app available right into the ROM from which new builds can be downloaded. I was actually concerned with incremental updates and not just OTAs and as it is, you have to donate a little to be able to unlock incremental update capability.
19th January 2017, 11:25 PM |#129  
Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Smb please upload latest nightly, servers are down
20th January 2017, 04:22 AM |#130  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Does anyone know how to remove that Su symbol '#' from status bar ??
20th January 2017, 04:46 AM |#131  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahikp

Does anyone know how to remove that Su symbol '#' from status bar ??

Settings-status bar-icon

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes