WARNING: "Modifying or replacing your device’s software may void your device’s warranty, lead to data loss, hair loss, financial loss, privacy loss, security breaches, or other damage, and therefore must be done entirely at your own risk. No one affiliated with this project is responsible for your actions but yourself. Good luck."
Hello and good news everybody!
Sailfish OS on RN3P, this is a community port! support is now possible! Calls, Wifi, data, sensors, SMS, Camera (video recording is broken) are working fine.
Bluetooth is a little buggy but works.
We are also working to rebase onto CM 14.1 for more goodies; you can help us by testing Backup to cloud (and restore) , as this will be needed during the CM reflash.
Status, download, installation...
Sailfish OS is a GNU/Linux based mobile operating system, which is gesture-driven for the ease of use. It runs natively as glibc (not Android's bionic), has bash and busybox (not toolbox), uses Qt for UX, and other opensource projects in its middleware -- which basically is just like a Linux on your desktop, and runs native Qt apps and cmdline apps, but doesn't run Android apps (check for Android-in-a-Window above if you need them).
And everything else you need to know:
What's working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Camera except video record
- Video Playback
- Hotspot and Bluetooth are a little buggy (works though)
- Hardware keys
How to install:
1. Make sure you have unlocked bootloader and TWRP installed. (recommended ZCX recovery,)
2. Wipe Dalvik, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache
3. flash cm-13/lineage-13
4. Format Data (*NOT wipe*)
5. flash sailfishOS
1. For Bluetooth to work, make sure you have it turned ON before rebooting.
2. Wifi hotspot may not turn on at first attempt, try turning it off and then on, it should work.
3. After using hotspot, it might take a while for WLAN settings to appear.
4. NO VoLTE, FM radio support.
5. Did not test SIM 2.
6. Built-in browser doesn't work, use Web Pirate from Jolla Store instead
Thanks to @Plamb1r and the Sailfish OS community for their help
[ROM][GNU/Linux] Sailfish OS 184.108.40.206, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Source Code: https://github.com/Sailfish-kenzo
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: cm13 is mandatory
Based On: cm13
Current Beta Version: 220.127.116.11-debug
Beta Release Date: 2017-03-11
Last Updated 2017-03-12