Not being able to flash Resurrection Remix (RR-N-v5.8.3-20170529-kenzo-Nightly.zip)

Search This thread

Ashmin Das

Dec 29, 2015
Currently I have Resurrection Remix Version [RR-N-v5.8.2-20170407-kenzo-Nightly ] on my Kenzo.
I tried to update it to RR-N-v5.8.3-20170529-kenzo-Nightly by flashing zip through TWRP.
But in return i got a message saying " Updater process ended with error 7 " and the update didnt take place.
Could anyone help me with this?

bloodytolits

Apr 21, 2015
Currently I have Resurrection Remix Version [RR-N-v5.8.2-20170407-kenzo-Nightly ] on my Kenzo.
I tried to update it to RR-N-v5.8.3-20170529-kenzo-Nightly by flashing zip through TWRP.
But in return i got a message saying " Updater process ended with error 7 " and the update didnt take place.
Could anyone help me with this?

Flash latest firmware.

tifa5500

Apr 12, 2008
every rom I try to flash via recovery, i obtain this error: "Updater process ended with ERROR: 7" I'm on Redmi note 3 snapdragon , please help me I tried o advanced wipe all, and I have already tried all roms and tried to remove and reimage TWRP boot loader but the issue is the same .
This is the error
(( Updated process ended with error 7
Error installing zip file " /sdcard/RR-N-V5.8.3-20170529-Kenzo-Nightly.ZIP ))

Minions007

Jan 21, 2015
POCO M3
Redmi 9 Power
every rom I try to flash via recovery, i obtain this error: "Updater process ended with ERROR: 7" I'm on Redmi note 3 snapdragon , please help me I tried o advanced wipe all, and I have already tried all roms and tried to remove and reimage TWRP boot loader but the issue is the same .
This is the error
(( Updated process ended with error 7
Error installing zip file " /sdcard/RR-N-V5.8.3-20170529-Kenzo-Nightly.ZIP ))

flash firmware form official los rom thread by the strix
Note : it will relock your bootloader :good:

Ivanlai

Jun 6, 2015
If you're willing to go a little further, you could flash the latest MIUI developer ROM, then re-unlock bootloader and flash the newest build.

aew0314

Sep 18, 2012
Mississauga
well this f\d up everything, I flashed the newest firmware, then I restarted in to fastboot mode to unlock the bootloader, then I got the account isn't bound to this device error. now I cant boot in to anything, and when I plug the usb in to the computer I get a flashing red light, what the hell do I do now?

bryanbehe

Feb 3, 2017
well this f\d up everything, I flashed the newest firmware, then I restarted in to fastboot mode to unlock the bootloader, then I got the account isn't bound to this device error. now I cant boot in to anything, and when I plug the usb in to the computer I get a flashing red light, what the hell do I do now?

I has the same problem with flashing this firmware. To fix this, u have to enter in fastboot mode, then enter on EDL mode, then flash the Global Rom via MiFlash and make all the process to unlock the bootloader again. This firmware sucks.

Last edited:

aew0314

Sep 18, 2012
Mississauga
I has the same problem with flashing this firmware. To fix this, u have to enter in fastboot mode, then enter on EDL mode, then flash the Global Rom via MiFlash and make all the process to unlock the bootloader again. This firmware sucks.

yep I found some tutorial on fixing this issue. https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/how-to-flash-fastboot-rom-redmi-note-3-t3462402
ended up flashing 7.1.8.0 ROM, i'm just trying to get the phone back working again at this point, I'm not sure if this tutorial will result with me having an unlocked bootloader again or root or what will be the outcome.