FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to root Redmi Note 3 Pro miui 8.0.1.0.0 android 5.1.1 (Snapdragon)

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Jaackfinch, Junior Member on 10th September 2016, 11:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, okay so I have been looking round a lot for the right method of how to root my Redmi Note 3 Pro (snapdragon) but i literally cannot find the correct way for my miui version or android version. My device is running Miui Global 8.0.1.0.0 stable (LH0CNDG) on android 5.1.1. The bootloader is already unlocked. But i just really can't seem to find the correct way to root the device and install TWRP. Could someone please help me? Thanks.

11th September 2016, 06:22 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaackfinch

Hello, okay so I have been looking round a lot for the right method of how to root my Redmi Note 3 Pro (snapdragon) but i literally cannot find the correct way for my miui version or android version. My device is running Miui Global 8.0.1.0.0 stable (LH0CNDG) on android 5.1.1. The bootloader is already unlocked. But i just really can't seem to find the correct way to root the device and install TWRP. Could someone please help me? Thanks.

Bump
12th September 2016, 04:11 AM |#3  
Flag Sivakasi
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=Jaackfinch;68617956]Hello, okay so I have been looking round a lot for the right method of how to root my Redmi Note 3 Pro (snapdragon) but i literally cannot find the correct way for my miui version or android version. My device is running Miui Global 8.0.1.0.0 stable (LH0CNDG) on android 5.1.1. The bootloader is already unlocked. But i just really can't seem to find the correct way to root the device and install TWRP. Could someone please help me? Thanks.[/QUO

Bro can you tell me how did you unlocked your bootloader?
12th September 2016, 07:07 AM |#4  
Flag Pinangranti
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:

looks like your rom are distributor version. It should be easier to flash TWRP via fastboot by press vol down + power button.
12th September 2016, 05:23 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanova

looks like your rom are distributor version. It should be easier to flash TWRP via fastboot by press vol down + power button.

How would i do this? How do i flash twrp?
12th September 2016, 05:24 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
[QUOTE=arjunbalan1994;68644510]
Quote:

Hello, okay so I have been looking round a lot for the right method of how to root my Redmi Note 3 Pro (snapdragon) but i literally cannot find the correct way for my miui version or android version. My device is running Miui Global 8.0.1.0.0 stable (LH0CNDG) on android 5.1.1. The bootloader is already unlocked. But i just really can't seem to find the correct way to root the device and install TWRP. Could someone please help me? Thanks.[/QUO

Bro can you tell me how did you unlocked your bootloader?

When i bought the phone the seller put a global rom on which automatically unlocked the phone.
12th September 2016, 07:20 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
what i did:
1. request official bootloader unlock (just in case its needed)
2. flash global dev rom with the official miui updater app on the phone (load the file from xiaomi)
3. unlock the bootloader with the official xiaomi unlocker tool
4. flash twrp image via fastboot commands
5. within twrp i flashed the twrp alka via flash -> image -> flash recovery partition
6. reboot into recovery to get to twrp alka
7. backup all the partition (in my case with official MM 6.0.1 MIUI relase i had to wipe all user data in twrp to get rid of phone encryption)
8. flash Supersu.zip in twrp alka
9. reboot, be patient and enjoy
12th January 2017, 11:28 AM |#8  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 61

Donate to Me
More
I just received the Redmi Note 3 pro running the same Miui Global stable 8.0.1.0.0 and bootloader already unlocked. How do I know if it has been unlocked via official / non official way?
Do I have to install the official TWRP or not?
Is it possible to lock the bootloader again and the unlock it via official way?
I obviously don't want to brick my device!
Thank you.
12th January 2017, 12:33 PM |#9  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 919

More
8.0.1.0.0 is a vendor rom. Check the linked wiki on how to flash official rom (by EDL mode). If the seller unlocked the bootloader they more than likely did it unofficially.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)