Slow performance of the phone

Search This thread

brspradeep

Nov 16, 2015
Hello all,
I have a Redmi Note 3, Qualcomm Snapdragon processor based with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM. I bought the phone from mi site(Indian version) online. It was bought in May 2016.
I dont know how to root the phone and I have only updated the OS whenever i got an update from MI.
Eventhough i heard about Lineage OS, i dont know how to apply one on the phone.
I use it to browse, watch youtube and chatting app like whatsapp.
Of late the phone is too slow. When opening Youtube, the app closes after few seconds(I believe it has crashed, I dont know though).
This happens for many apps.
Is it possible to fix this issue? Can you help me or point me to a site with enough details that novice like me can fix it.

Thanks in the meanwhile
Pradeep

numbazZ

I have something similar with my phone, same 2\16gb. A month ago it started to stutter so bad, that I can't even use it normally. I am using AospExtended ROM now, but I tried many other ROMs, nothing helped, also I tried AGNi and franco kernel. Phone freezes very often when i try to open some apps like a telegram or instagram, sometimes when I just unlock it with the graphical key it freezes completely, then reboots. I used to play Fallout Shelter, but now it is completely unplayable with like 1-2 FPS.... Looks like it is some hardware problem, or what

brspradeep

Nov 16, 2015
I have something similar with my phone, same 2\16gb. A month ago it started to stutter so bad, that I can't even use it normally. I am using AospExtended ROM now, but I tried many other ROMs, nothing helped, also I tried AGNi and franco kernel. Phone freezes very often when i try to open some apps like a telegram or instagram, sometimes when I just unlock it with the graphical key it freezes completely, then reboots. I used to play Fallout Shelter, but now it is completely unplayable with like 1-2 FPS.... Looks like it is some hardware problem, or what

Can I go back to the previous rom of the device? Over these past 2 years, I might have done 5- 10 system updates. Can I go back to a previous rom? If so, how??

brspradeep

Nov 16, 2015

Can I go back to the previous rom of the device? Over these past 2 years, I might have done 5- 10 system updates. Can I go back to a previous rom? If so, how??
Did you resolve the issue by using aospextended ROM?

Amitava_123

Jul 31, 2017
Burdwan
I'm using 2/16 GB version of Redmi Note 3 but never faced this kinda issue. Maybe there is some stability issue in the update

brspradeep

Nov 16, 2015
Did you resolve the issue by using aospextended ROM?
I actually am new to flashing ROM and so on. I gathered from XDA, google and MIUI forums that I need to unlock Bootloader on my Redmi Note 3.

I was thinking if i can go back to a previous version( downgrade the OS version) of my Redmi Note 3.

Any inputs, please?

brspradeep

Nov 16, 2015
Try a deep clean flash trough miflash
I havent flashed ROM earlier. This is the first time.
So i am trying to read up on flashing ROM.
I was going through some MIUI links.
1. http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=720383&highlight=redmi+note+3+downgrade
2. http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html

Are you referring to these above links.
Also i checked the Fastboot ROM download page.(http://en.miui.com/a-234.html)
Redmi Note 3 ROMS are not there :(
Please help

Top Liked Posts