FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX] Can't Unlock your Phone after full restore from TWRP.!!!!

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 76

By [email protected], Member on 27th November 2016, 03:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
HAD A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT ROM!?

BRICKED YOUR PHONE AND TRIED TO RESTORE.?

SOMEHOW WENT TO RECOVERY AND RESTORED EVERYTHING.!?

HOPED EVERYTHING TO BE FINE BUT BOOM. WHATthe**** CANT UNLOCK YOUR PHONE. SAYS WRONG PIN EVERY TIME. CANT USE FINGERPRINT ALSO. HARD LUCK.!?

Generally this problems occurs because you had done your backup after setting up the pin or fingerprint or pattern.
TWRP otherwise restores everything superfine with every app and data and settings restored but sometimes when rebooted users can't unlock there phone with pin or pattern and can't even use their fingerprints. Common bug of restoring pattern of TWRP.

THOUGH its recommended that do your backup whithout any screen lock. And while restoring uncheck 'cache' and recovery.

BUT THERE'S A 100% WORKING FIX FOR THIS ::

1. TRY 3 TO 4 TIMES THE PIN AND FINGERPRINT. IF DOESNT UNLOCKS REBOOT ONCE AND THEN TRY.

2. IF THAT FAILS. 'POWER OFF' YOUR PHONE.
BOOT TO TWRP RECOVERY. (Pressing power button and volume up button at once)

3. IF PROMPTED ALLOW MODIFICATIONS.
DONT DO ANYTHING. GO STRAIGHT TO ADVANCED.

4. NOW HEAD TO FILE MANAGER.
(normally opened in the main folder '/', if not select storage internal). HEAD TO '/data/system' folder. Scroll down.

5. FIND FILES WITH .key EXTENSIONS AND CLICK ON THEN (generally two files). AND 'DELETE' THEM.

6. NOW FIND AND DELETE ALL FILES WITH KEYWORD 'locksettings'

AFTER DELETING. JUST REBOOT TO SYSTEM.
NOW YOU COULD BE ABLE TO UNLOCK YOUR PHONE WITHOUT any PIN or PATTERN or FINGERPRINT.

just SWIPE UP. Phone got restored to original state.

NOW SET UP FINGERPRINT AND NEW PIN IN THE SETTINGS.

* for me while setting up new pin and FINGERPRINT. The settings apps stopped closed suddenly. I opened it again and i found fingerprint and lock already set up.
Locked the screen and unlocked with my old pin and fingerprint.

DO GIVE A THUMBS UP IF YOU FOUND THE POST HELPFUL...!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TWRP-pinreset1.png
Views:	6620
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	3950318  
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free

28th November 2016, 01:21 AM |#3  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 272

Donate to Me
More
Or flash AgniToolbox from Recovery and select the option to reset the lock.
The Following User Says Thank You to knightnz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knightnz Ad-Free
28th November 2016, 03:36 AM |#4  
Flag Sukabumi
Thanks Meter: 19

More
or, flash mandatory firmware depends on rom you've restored (cm13 or cm14 firmware)
this tricks worked for me, whenever im restoring my full backup of RR MM and then i flash CM 13 firmware
28th November 2016, 04:33 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
locksettings.db is the only file you need to delete.
This happens to me with every backup, even i set up the pin a long time before backup.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to desmoloch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift desmoloch Ad-Free
16th December 2016, 05:42 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks brother , you saved my day (Y)
26th December 2016, 03:40 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

HAD A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT ROM!?

BRICKED YOUR PHONE AND TRIED TO RESTORE.?

SOMEHOW WENT TO RECOVERY AND RESTORED EVERYTHING.!?

HOPED EVERYTHING TO BE FINE BUT BOOM. WHATthe**** CANT UNLOCK YOUR PHONE. SAYS WRONG PIN EVERY TIME. CANT USE FINGERPRINT ALSO. HARD LUCK.!?

Generally this problems occurs because you had done your backup after setting up the pin or fingerprint or pattern.
TWRP otherwise restores everything superfine with every app and data and settings restored but sometimes when rebooted users can't unlock there phone with pin or pattern and can't even use their fingerprints. Common bug of restoring pattern of TWRP.

THOUGH its recommended that do your backup whithout any screen lock. And while restoring uncheck 'cache' and recovery.

BUT THERE'S A 100% WORKING FIX FOR THIS ::

1. TRY 3 TO 4 TIMES THE PIN AND FINGERPRINT. IF DOESNT UNLOCKS REBOOT ONCE AND THEN TRY.

2. IF THAT FAILS. 'POWER OFF' YOUR PHONE.
BOOT TO TWRP RECOVERY. (Pressing power button and volume up button at once)

3. IF PROMPTED ALLOW MODIFICATIONS.
DONT DO ANYTHING. GO STRAIGHT TO ADVANCED.

4. NOW HEAD TO FILE MANAGER.
(normally opened in the main folder '/', if not select storage internal). HEAD TO '/data/system' folder. Scroll down.

5. FIND FILES WITH .key EXTENSIONS AND CLICK ON THEN (generally two files). AND 'DELETE' THEM.

6. NOW FIND AND DELETE ALL FILES WITH KEYWORD 'locksettings'

AFTER DELETING. JUST REBOOT TO SYSTEM.
NOW YOU COULD BE ABLE TO UNLOCK YOUR PHONE WITHOUT any PIN or PATTERN or FINGERPRINT.

just SWIPE UP. Phone got restored to original state.

NOW SET UP FINGERPRINT AND NEW PIN IN THE SETTINGS.

* for me while setting up new pin and FINGERPRINT. The settings apps stopped closed suddenly. I opened it again and i found fingerprint and lock already set up.
Locked the screen and unlocked with my old pin and fingerprint.

DO GIVE A THUMBS UP IF YOU FOUND THE POST HELPFUL...!!!!!!!

Saved me from installing freshly again
4th February 2017, 03:33 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I was using latest aosip...then i decided to change to Nitrogen os...
I wiped everything needed and then flashed Nitrogen os...
I was using a pattern lock in the aosip and when the Nitrogen os starts..it asks for pattern..but the previous pattern doesn't work...
when i again flash the aosip the same pattern works..but it doesn't work in nitrogen os
I tried to delete the keys from data/system but there are no keys there(in nitrogen os)
what shall i do? help guys....i can only use
24th March 2017, 03:20 AM |#9  
Flag Madurai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ME TOO
Quote:
Originally Posted by biratlama

I was using latest aosip...then i decided to change to Nitrogen os...
I wiped everything needed and then flashed Nitrogen os...
I was using a pattern lock in the aosip and when the Nitrogen os starts..it asks for pattern..but the previous pattern doesn't work...
when i again flash the aosip the same pattern works..but it doesn't work in nitrogen os
I tried to delete the keys from data/system but there are no keys there(in nitrogen os)
what shall i do? help guys....i can only use

I myself also have this problem kindly tell a fix guys
14th July 2017, 04:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
thank dude...... worked like a charm..... u saved some grey hairs...bless
22nd November 2017, 04:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks thanks thanks a lot my friend, you saved me from losing every precious data from my locked phone. Thanks once again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)