Safe_TWRP v2 and universal boot.img patcher

Search This thread

Rajdip

Dec 9, 2015
Kolkata

Only for those who unlocked bootloader unofficially
This is a edited version of cofface's TWRP, which will not cause hardrbricks while flashing MIUI roms or incremental OTA's, even if you forgot to delete the emmc_appsboot.mbn file. This TWRP needs modified boot.img, thats why I've made a universal boot.img patcher which will delete dm-verity from all MIUI roms.

You need to flash universal boot.img patcher everytime you install a MIUI rom or OTA

V2 Changelog:-
1) Added universal boot.img patcher.zip inside TWRP

Steps to flash MIUI roms:-
1)Flash the MIUI rom

2)Flash universal boot.img patcher

Steps for flashing UBP
1)Press Up a Level
Screenshot_1970-03-07-05-31-48.png

2)Open Patcher folder
Screenshot_1970-03-07-05-35-53.png

3)Select Universal Boot.img Patcher and flash it
Screenshot_1970-03-07-05-36-01.png

Don't copy/post this to any other forums(miui) without my permission

Credits:- Cofface for the base TWRP.

Downloads:-
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5bSNUUrjm6JcXFuNlN2Mmp0R00
View attachment 3739024

Last edited:

sanjib734

Feb 22, 2012
Durgapur
Do we need to flash the boot image patcher every time we flash a ROM or incremental update, plz provide a more detailed steps.

Reactions: buddy4U

s_wheel

Oct 19, 2015
This is a edited version of cofface's TWRP, which will not cause hardrbricks while flashing MIUI roms or incremental OTA's, even if you forgot to delete the emmc_appsboot.mbn file. This TWRP needs modified boot.img, thats why I've made a universal boot.img patcher which will delete dm-verity from all MIUI roms.

1)Flash the MIUI rom

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5bSNUUrjm6JalZJaXdTZVZoVk0
View attachment 3739024
Excellent job!

Reactions: Rajdip

akshayy29

Feb 23, 2013
So how am I supposed to update to 7.2.5 using this? Do I have to update using the full rom or just incremental ota? Please provide an example or detailed explanation please. ?

princesaska

Sep 14, 2014
So I can flash dev ROM by this twrp without unpacking the rom?..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Only for those who unlocked bootloader unofficially

You need to flash universal boot.img patcher everytime you install a MIUI rom or OTA

V2 Changelog:-
    1) Added universal boot.img patcher.zip inside TWRP

1)Flash the MIUI rom

Steps for flashing UBP
    1)Press Up a Level
    Screenshot_1970-03-07-05-31-48.png

2)Open Patcher folder
    Screenshot_1970-03-07-05-35-53.png

3)Select Universal Boot.img Patcher and flash it
    Screenshot_1970-03-07-05-36-01.png

Don't copy/post this to any other forums(miui) without my permission

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5bSNUUrjm6JcXFuNlN2Mmp0R00
    View attachment 3739024
    okay fellas...this TWRP is not doing its work after 6.12.1 global beta update...so if you want to flash a MiUi rom or Eu. rom then you have to delete emmc.appsboot.mbn file then flash rom>flash lazyflasher>and finally wipe just data partition only and reboot...
    if coming from a previous build then just delete emmc.appsboot.mbn file no need to wipe data partition...
    I have unofficially unlocked bootloader and I'm using this method in TWRP alka....

first try...if works for you then come back and press thanks.
    well i know it's gonna work coz i do it everyday
    i have unlocked boot loader by official way. Right now I am on global 7.2.5 rom, redmi note 3 (sd)
    Please advise which twrp I need to flash, I read on miui forums that i also need to flash cracked boot.img after twrp, however there is no cracked boot.img available for this global 7.2.5 version. can you guide me and provide the appropriate links. thanks
    just flash the universal boot.img patcher in downloads section, it will work on all miui versions. Dont the use Safe TWRP its only for people who unlocked unofficially , use official TWRP
    Dear
    Rajdeep

Is modified boot image take affect on phone battery life , Because after upgrade to 7.2.5 version with modified boot image my battery drainage very quickly , This is upgrade version problem or Boot image problem .
    This is problem with new rom ...
    Hi... im not understand. im now official unlock bootloader. so which one twrp i need use? even i official bootloader im still need patching universal boot img?
    You should not use this recovery. Use the cofface modified twrp which does not require patching boot img.
    Since you unlocked officially, you don't have to remove the emmc file.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using XDA-Developers mobile app