FORUMS

[ROM] Qualcomm Factory ROM - Redmi Note 3 Pro - AOSP

886 posts
Thanks Meter: 407

By Naphtha, Senior Member on 27th March 2016, 08:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi ,
after an day of searching on the web, i found out the Redmi Note 3 Pro Test ROM (AOSP)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI6lNYEcgS8

Disclaimer:
Do it on your own risk

Steps for flashing:
0 DOWNLOAD ALL
1 UNZIP SYSTEM.ZIP
2 MOVE ALL ON THE SAME FOLDER
3 PUT THE PHONE IN FASTBOOT MODE
4 OPEN "PROMPT COMMANDS" ON THE FOLDER
5 MOVE "8976_fastboot_all_images.bat" ON PROMPT
4 PLUG IN THE PHONE
5 PUSH ENTER
6 WAIT...
7 ENJOY!!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI7v8Rv_-5w

What works?
All works fine but missing only the fingerprint voice on settings.

Is multilanguage?
Yes.

Is for normal use?
Yes and not, you need to clean the ROM from some developing apps,
install OpenGapps arm x64 5.1.1 (only pico works).

Can i install custom recovery?
Yes you can. No patch on boot needed.

FINGERPRINT ON SETTINGS IS MISSING.

FASTBOOT ROM:
https://mega.nz/#F!g5kUgILY!60ZoAWdCtY7LPABO4IMpvw

RECOVERY ROM

(for the work thx to @xinkonging ,for the upload thx to @DrWillz ):
https://mega.nz/#!bldGhI7b!PMiMnZCYS...qCNjfuz4FIP3ts
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Naphtha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Naphtha Ad-Free
28th March 2016, 10:51 AM |#2  
Flag Celbridge
Thanks Meter: 37

Donate to Me
More
OK, tried it and its pretty good, especially if like me you like a bare bones Android experience that you can customise.

I rooted it, installed gapps, installed the xposed framework, gravity-box, greenify, adaway etc all working pretty well. Changed the DPI settings also as I like less zoomed in experience. Nova launcher is looking pretty well !!!

I will see what the battery life is like overnight and decide if I will keep using it until we get a decent CM12.1 (or ideally CM13).

Only negatives are as OP said are the fingerprint reader cannot be enabled and in a few places it definitely looks like a 'test ROM'. There are some minimal test apps, but faced with a choice of lots of MIUI apps or a few test apps I would rather the few tests app. The camara App is pretty good IMO also.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeromeof For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jeromeof Ad-Free
28th March 2016, 12:53 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Crotone

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeof

OK, tried it and its pretty good, especially if like me you like a bare bones Android experience that you can customise.

I rooted it, installed gapps, installed the xposed framework, gravity-box, greenify, adaway etc all working pretty well. Changed the DPI settings also as I like less zoomed in experience. Nova launcher is looking pretty well !!!

I will see what the battery life is like overnight and decide if I will keep using it until we get a decent CM12.1 (or ideally CM13).

Only negatives are as OP said are the fingerprint reader cannot be enabled and in a few places it definitely looks like a 'test ROM'. There are some minimal test apps, but faced with a choice of lots of MIUI apps or a few test apps I would rather the few tests app. The camara App is pretty good IMO also.

Thx for the feedback )

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk
29th March 2016, 05:12 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Do I need to unlock the bootloader first ?
29th March 2016, 06:12 AM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg79

Do I need to unlock the bootloader first ?

no
29th March 2016, 09:06 AM |#6  
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does this work on redmi note 3 pro with 2gb ram and 16gb internal?
thanks for AOSP
29th March 2016, 09:34 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Crotone

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdafdasdaf

Does this work on redmi note 3 pro with 2gb ram and 16gb internal?
thanks for AOSP

Yep
The Following User Says Thank You to Naphtha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Naphtha Ad-Free
29th March 2016, 03:09 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Overall I've got the following impression of this firmware:
1. Switching from 3G -> 4G is more reliable than on any MIUI rom. First of all I don't loose internet connectivity during the switch (with MIUI I always do) and secondly it founds 4G networks almost instantly, and for MIUI it took minutes.
2. I've tried to flash open gapps stock - it basically made them unusable (was unable to create account), but open gapps mini worked ok for me. Though got a problem with black home screen and very slow phone until I've changed home launcher back to trebuschet.
3. Battery usage also increased in my use cases. I usually got 25% battery/8h, but now it's more like 35%/8h. Though it may be related to the fact that all messangers, etc syncs as often as they want, and with MIUI I never was able to properly receive all push notifications, etc for most of the apps.
4. According to some benchmarks, it seems that this rom is a tiny bit faster. (geekbench results increased by 7% for example). Though that doesn't really matter for me.
5. I usually have more RAM available and apps killed less aggressively.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Civilus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Civilus Ad-Free
30th March 2016, 12:33 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Crotone

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilus

Overall I've got the following impression of this firmware:
1. Switching from 3G -> 4G is more reliable than on any MIUI rom. First of all I don't loose internet connectivity during the switch (with MIUI I always do) and secondly it founds 4G networks almost instantly, and for MIUI it took minutes.
2. I've tried to flash open gapps stock - it basically made them unusable (was unable to create account), but open gapps mini worked ok for me. Though got a problem with black home screen and very slow phone until I've changed home launcher back to trebuschet.
3. Battery usage also increased in my use cases. I usually got 25% battery/8h, but now it's more like 35%/8h. Though it may be related to the fact that all messangers, etc syncs as often as they want, and with MIUI I never was able to properly receive all push notifications, etc for most of the apps.
4. According to some benchmarks, it seems that this rom is a tiny bit faster. (geekbench results increased by 7% for example). Though that doesn't really matter for me.
5. I usually have more RAM available and apps killed less aggressively.

And camera? http://en.miui.com/thread-251822-1-1.html loook this

Inviato dal mio kenzo utilizzando Tapatalk
30th March 2016, 10:21 AM |#10  
Flag Zhukovskiy
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naphtha

And camera? http://en.miui.com/thread-251822-1-1.html loook this

There is a strange focal distance thing...

Why are the focal distances not the same? I mean, it should be 2.0 on PRO for both MIUI and SD ROMs...
Kenzo and 2.2?? Completely strange...
The Following User Says Thank You to masseselsev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift masseselsev Ad-Free
30th March 2016, 10:32 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Crotone

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseselsev

There is a strange focal distance thing...

Why are the focal distances not the same? I mean, it should be 2.0 on PRO for both MIUI and SD ROMs...
Kenzo and 2.2?? Completely strange...

2.2 and 2.0 is the iris

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)