FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unlock Bootloader Without Waiting for permission from Xiaomi[Snapdragon Variant]

706 posts
Thanks Meter: 538

By 1emrys1, Senior Member on 1st April 2016, 07:03 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
There is a long wait for unlocking the bootloader for Redmi Note 3. We have to apply and wait for permission for 2-3 weeks. Some people are having problems with that. Even after users get the permission, they are unable to unlock because it gets stuck at 50%.

A moderator on unoffical Miui India forum has found a way to unlock the bootloader without need of any code or confirmation from Xiaomi. This method DOESNT involve Mi Unlocking tool. Many users have tried it and unlocked their bootloader successfully and quickly.

Edit - If you are an Indian user with the Snapdragon variant and if you have got permission from xiaomi and want to unlock by official method then you will need to flash China developer rom by mi flash. You will able to unlock bootloader on China dev rom by official method. Some users have also been able to unlock officially on Global developer rom. So take your pic. But don't waste your time on Global stable... Official method of bootloader unlocking will NEVER work on Global stable.
(I will update the OP if by miracle people are able to unlock officially on Global stable. Chances are very slim though.)

The method given below is for other global or beta rom users for whom normal unlocking is not working or those who are too impatient to wait for confirmation sms from Xiaomi.

Edit 2 - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to try this tutorial with GLOBAL STABLE FASTBOOT rom. People who have tried this on China dev or China stable have faced bricked devices.

Here is the forum link where bootloader unlock tutorial by hacking method is given.
http://forum.miui.co.in/forum/mi-dev...lock-the-beast

Edit 3 - There is a difference between unlocking the bootloader by this hack and unlocking by official method. A big difference. I suggest you to read threads here and on miui forum as well to acquaint yourself with it.
Basically if you unlock bootloader with official method your system accepts it and causes no problems while flashing miui roms.
But if you unlock bootloader by this hack method, your system doesnt accept it fully and causes problems if you flash stock miui. Flashing miui without proper modifications will easily cause hard brick. My explanation was very simplistic but there are a lot of complicated things involved which go on at the system level.

If you decide to unlock bootloader by the hack method.. Read this thread on how to flash miui roms.
http://en.miui.com/thread-256464-1-1.html

Also you don't need to worry about CM and AOSP roms. Whichever method you use to unlock your bootloader, CM and AOSP will work good without causing brick. You only need to worry about miui roms if you have used hack method.

My personal advice to you is that you don't try this hack method unless you are fairly well acquainted with technology and won't go mad if your device gets bricked. A lot of people have faced bricked device and many of them are noobs and I feel sorry for them. So unless you are courageous enough and feel confident, don't try this method.
Wait till your device can be unlocked by official method. That is best for new people.

Edit - This thread is outdated now. It was made a long time ago when development was in its infancy. There are lots of good threads on xda that can help you out. Ignore this thread and don't consider it's information relevant anymore.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to 1emrys1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1emrys1 Ad-Free

1st April 2016, 08:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,700

Donate to Me
More
I can confirm this method works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrColdbird For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrColdbird Ad-Free
1st April 2016, 08:51 PM |#3  
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The method works,
Finally after days of searching
1st April 2016, 10:22 PM |#4  
Flag Novi sad
Thanks Meter: 43

More
whether there is a chance for something like this for MTK variant (i stuck at 50% and I have no solution)?
1st April 2016, 10:25 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by goran60

whether there is a chance for something like this for MTK variant (i stuck at 50% and I have no solution)?

There might be a chance but this shortcut method was developed by Indian developers. And since only Qualcomm variant has been launched in India, these particular developers can't help you out.
Maybe some other talented people with mtk variant can emulate this and develop a shortcut method just like this.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 pro using Tapatalk
2nd April 2016, 07:55 AM |#6  
Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 729

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thakurneel

There might be a chance but this shortcut method was developed by Indian developers. And since only Qualcomm variant has been launched in India, these particular developers can't help you out.
Maybe some other talented people with mtk variant can emulate this and develop a shortcut method just like this.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Can anyone mirror the download file i can't seem to download it
and please explain this line too "Open Mi flash , configure the advanced Options and directories for Fastboot Rom ."
Thanks
2nd April 2016, 11:38 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Thanks you very much

It works !!
I can confirm
2nd April 2016, 12:34 PM |#8  
Flag Durgapur
Thanks Meter: 146

More
My phone bricked. During flashing the rom it showed insufficient storage error and flashing stopped. Now phone is not booting. only mi logo comes that too go after 2 sec. However phone can boot into fastboot mod. any help?
Show some suggesting opening the device to go into edl mode.Is it the only way?
2nd April 2016, 01:07 PM |#9  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Same with me...my device got bricked......while flashing....now no fastboot bunny comes up....i got just the linux mascot.....though the phone gets detected in adb and fastboot mode....but adb reboot edl....reboots the phone to mascot again.........

Sent from my HM 1SW using Tapatalk
2nd April 2016, 01:09 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkirehani93

Same with me...my device got bricked......while flashing....now no fastboot bunny comes up....i got just the linux mascot.....though the phone gets detected in adb and fastboot mode....but adb reboot edl....reboots the phone to mascot again.........

Did you use 32 bit windows? Did you try use mi pc suite? May be mi pc suite would work?
2nd April 2016, 01:10 PM |#11  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Mi suite doesnt detects my device in fast boot...and nope its a 64 bit system

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread