FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

[ZCX TWRP] Install TWRP and Flash SuperSu without breaking incremental OTA's!

321 posts
Thanks Meter: 290

By Raaj52, Senior Member on 15th September 2016, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys,
I am here with a glad news that now you can enjoy TWRP and SuperSu without sacrificing your incremental OTA's. Yes! Now you don't need to download the full ROM to flash in TWRP in our beloved Redmi Note 3 SnapDragon . This is because MIUI China Forum member BY~XM compiled a new TWRP with inbuilt feature to flash incremental OTA's. So all credits goes to BY~XM for his awesome work and please thank him on his original post. So let's get started.

Pre-requisite
  • Redmi Note SD version
  • Unlocked Bootloader
  • Common sense
Steps
  • Downlaod the Flash folder from here.
  • Run the Flash.bat
  • Now phone will boot to "ZCX TWRP"
  • Follow the images to set up the TWRP initially
  • Now you can flash SuperSu and incremental OTA's without any hustles. Use the SuperSU option under Advanced option for flashing SuperSU.

How to update Incremental OTA via ZCX TWRP?

[SIZE="3"]
1. Reboot to ZCX TWRP.
2. Go to Settings and select "support MIUI OTA".

3. Flash the full rom of the current version [Mandatory]. It will automatically back up system and boot for the OTA survival.

4. Now reboot to system and check for any update, when update releases, download it and press update.

5. Automatically device will reboot to TWRP and OTA flashing will start, this time the backed up system and boot will be flashed and thus patching will happen and your device will be updated.

Downlaod the instruction PDF from here.
Note: Step 1 to 3 to be done only while installing TWRP afterwards no need to follow those steps, when an update releases you need to follow from Step 4.

ZCX TWRP Features
  • OTA incremental update support
  • Support for ad-hosts
  • SuperSu v2.76
  • android 6.0 Data partition decryption support [No more Internal Storage/Encryption error]
Changelog

Updated Translation
Built SuperSu Pro into official Supersu (before installing twrp built supersu pro, be sure to uninstall and then install)
Updated the partition table
Used android 7.0 TWRP source compiler
Repaired the previous version incorrectly installed
Updated TWRP source
Updated Translation
Other details Updated

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I am getting Error 7 while flashing incremental OTA?
Ans: If you already rooted your device or you used anyother TWRP you won't be able to use this recovery for flashing the OTA's. You should install this recovery in a factory ROM. Steps to follow,
1. Flash the latest beta through fastboot method using Mi flash tool.
2. Unlock bootloader if it is relocked (usually this happens when you flash rom from Lollipop to Marshamallow)
3. Now put your device in fastboot mode and connect to the PC.
4. Run the flash.bat and go to settings and tick the "Support MIUI OTA" option. Take a back up of your EFS,MODEM and Persist if you don't have one.
5. Use the SuperSU option under advanced option (refer the images above).
6. Now use your device as normal, when an OTA update releases, just download it using the OTA and flash using updater/TWRP.

Q. I am getting error in fastboot mod or while running Flash.bat?
Ans: Ensure the device is in fastboot mode (Press Volume up + Power button) and make sure that you have installed the drivers (or Install MI FLash tool).

Q. Can I install xposed, Viper, blah blah..?
Ans: Yes! You can install anything but make sure that you use this recovery for flashing the zip files.

Q.Couldn't Restore back-up through this recovery?
Ans: Please untick firmware while selecting the restore option.
Note: Always it is advised to backup your EFS,MODEM and Persist partitions before flashing any zip files.

Q.Is this recovery can be used in any ROM?
Ans: Yes! You can use this recovery in any ROM.

Credits: TWRP and BY~XM
Thank you,
Raaj
The Following 92 Users Say Thank You to Raaj52 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raaj52 Ad-Free

15th September 2016, 09:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaj52

Hello guys,
I am here with a glad news that now you can enjoy TWRP and SuperSu without sacrificing your incremental OTA's. Yes! Now you don't need to download the full ROM to flash in TWRP in our beloved Redmi Note 3 SnapDragon . This is because MIUI China Forum member BY~XM compiled a new TWRP with inbuilt feature to flash incremental OTA's. So all credits goes to BY~XM for his awesome work and please thank him on his original post. So let's get started.

Pre-requisite
  • Redmi Note SD version
  • Unlocked Bootloader
  • Common sense
Steps
  • Run the Flash.bat
  • Now you can flash SuperSu and incremental OTA's without any hustles.

ZCX TWRP Features
  • Support for ad-hosts
  • SuperSu v2.76
  • android 6.0 Data partition decryption support [No more Internal Storage/Encryption error]
Thank you,
Raaj

Can i flash in miui 7 lollipop base
The Following User Says Thank You to android_smater For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift android_smater Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 09:53 PM |#3  
Flag Haridwar
Thanks Meter: 327

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello guys,

Pre-requisite
  • Redmi Note SD version
  • Unlocked Bootloader
  • Common sense
Steps
  • Run the Flash.bat

ZCX TWRP Features
  • Support for ad-hosts
  • SuperSu v2.76
Thank you,
Raaj

Is this for MIUI OTA's only or it could be used with other custom ROMs too...?
15th September 2016, 10:22 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 131

Donate to Me
More
Awesome! Flashing now
15th September 2016, 11:58 PM |#5  
Flag Ranchi
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:

Hello guys,

Pre-requisite
  • Redmi Note SD version
  • Unlocked Bootloader
  • Common sense
Steps
  • Run the Flash.bat

ZCX TWRP Features
  • Support for ad-hosts
  • SuperSu v2.76
Thank you,
Raaj

Thanks for sharing
This works only for root or can be used with supersu and xposed framework too and one more thing how to flash Ota by twrp or by updater
The Following User Says Thank You to p.chandra284 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p.chandra284 Ad-Free
16th September 2016, 12:11 AM |#6  

More
Again posting plz confirm
Will i flash it ti lollipop bootloader??? plz tell
The Following User Says Thank You to android_smater For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift android_smater Ad-Free
16th September 2016, 12:38 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thank ..awesone

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
16th September 2016, 12:39 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thank you Raaj52 for awesome work...
16th September 2016, 01:13 AM |#9  

More
Ol cnfm working woith lollipop base but getting error while flashing error 7
Ota i am on miui 7 got update miui 8 555mb
Done all this as on op
16th September 2016, 05:33 AM |#10  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
Shulod we download OTA.zip from internet or we will get incremental update via updater app?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prome_theus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Prome_theus Ad-Free
16th September 2016, 07:24 AM |#11  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,642

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasukay

Is this for MIUI OTA's only or it could be used with other custom ROMs too...?

I think it's only for MIUI

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.chandra284

Thanks for sharing
This works only for root or can be used with supersu and xposed framework too and one more thing how to flash Ota by twrp or by updater

If you have installed TWRP only and not root, then also MIUI incremental OTA fails. I think Supersu install systemless on MIUI 8 (Android M based) so it can be survived after OTA update. Xposed framework may be need to install again. May be not. Needs to check once next incremental update comes.
The Following User Says Thank You to bravonova For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bravonova Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)