This mod is only for and tested on the Redmi Note 3 Pro Snapdragon variant (kenzo).
For this mod to work you will need a few things to get started.
--- Select a Camera App ---
1. MotoCamera (MotoCamera_V188.8.131.52_ModV4.apk)
2. In MotoCamera set the mode to 1080 60 FPS in the settings pane (swipe from the edge to access options).
1. FreeDCam -
2. you must edit the 1080p video profile in it's settings under 'video profile editor', set/change video frame rate to 60 fps and 'record mode' -> Normal then save, back in settings make sure Camera2 API is selected.
(3.3.147 is the current stable, but has a bug switching from 'pic' to 'video' and back where camera will appear to freeze, that bug is fixed in version 4 alpha but it has another have an issue saving some settings, I suggest starting with 3.3.147 to test it out.)
3. you need to put the modified 'media_profiles_8956.xml' (found attached to this post) to enable 60fps on the device, use a file-manager like MiXplorer or similar to replace the file it can be found in /etc/ (make backups first), you can also just rename the old file to something like '/etc/media_profiles_8956.xml-'.
I have also created a Magisk script for systemless modification., if you don't want to change / modify system files and happen to have Magisk installed just install the zip file in Magisk Manger - easy.
if you are going the non Magisk route then I suggest you backup your original media_profiles_8956.xml or just rename it to something else just incase you dislike the mod and want to return to stock.
4. reboot, and try it out, [email protected], you do need to be in nicely lit area otherwise fps will drop in low light -
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 59fps 16931kbps [V: VideoHandle [eng] (h264 baseline L4.2, yuv420p, 1920x1080, 16931 kb/s)]
60 FPS 1080p
very smooth such a noticeable difference
media_profiles_8956.xml mod ups the stock bitrate for audio to 320k , and raises video bitrate for better looking videos.
Breaks stock camera video recording (camera app crashes)
still has the FPS lag in low light
60 FPS only works in specific camera apps, if you find others please let me know!
I have tested this on MIUI 8 Global beta 7.6.15, I am not sure the results of other OSes or MIUI versions, so as with any mod try it at own risk and make sure you have a working twrp or recovery.
BTW there is also a 960P mod for 90fps, but it cannot coexist with the 1080p 60FPS mod .