7th February 2017, 08:18 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman121020

make at least a circular fashion icons.

Nope, because I haven't and will not download 20170207 build, I don't have source APKs.
Don't be lazy. Since you are asking for a new version, you must have planned to upgrade to the new build. Download LineageOS ZIP, grab APKs, and build by yourself with instructions in the OP.
7th February 2017, 05:36 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I followed all the instructions in the OP but nothing's changed. Also can you explain why we need to make a new zip/apk(?) for every update?

EDIT: I think I used the wrong apk.
8th February 2017, 12:14 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beijing

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florensie

I followed all the instructions in the OP but nothing's changed. Also can you explain why we need to make a new zip/apk(?) for every update?

EDIT: I think I used the wrong apk.

Because source APKs might change in updates. For instance, if LineageOS upstream adds a feature, let's say theme engine, the settings app will change in order to add an "theme" option in settings home screen.
11th February 2017, 03:44 PM |#24  

More
Can you tell me how you found what color values to use because in a hex color picker the values you used are red.
11th February 2017, 11:22 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beijing

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florensie

Can you tell me how you found what color values to use because in a hex color picker the values you used are red.

These values were dumped from Pixel system image. Make sure you paste all the eight characters in the color values. If you merely copy the first six characters, it will definitely be red.
11th February 2017, 11:24 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoYL

These values were dumped from Pixel system image. Make sure you paste all the eight characters in the color values. If you merely copy the first six characters, it will definitely be red.

I know, I copied everything it turned out blue on my phone but in a color picker they were red. Try it out yourself.
8th March 2017, 12:46 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beijing

More
Update: Because I purchased and switched to a FPC sensor, now I am using official LineageOS, and I will provide flashable ZIPs for every update that I flash. I only update when there is an important bug fix, a useful new feature or new security patch, soI may not make ZIP for every LineageOS build. Since the tutorial is here available to you, you should be able to modify the APKs and apply this mod by yourself.
Link for 20170308 build has been added.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeoYL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LeoYL Ad-Free
12th March 2017, 03:36 AM |#28  
Flag Niagara Falls
Thanks Meter: 1,976

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoYL

Note: Due to some strange problems, this tutorial might not display correctly in XDA Android client. In this case, please view this thread in your web browser.

In this thread I will share a method to get blue accent color and round icons, which are only available in Pixel stock ROM, on not only Redmi Note 3 but literally any device with Android 7.1. This can be achieved by modifying framework-res.apk and some other APKs using apktool.

The most exciting thing is that you can also make the Settings app's icon become the round and blue icon on Pixel instead of the original gear and teal icon.

I will also share flashable ZIP(s) I have made for ROM(s) that I use. Because I'm using a network with very low bandwidth, it's hard for me to download so many ROMs, therefore I mayn't make flashable ZIPs for other ROMs. However, you can send the APKs in the ROMs that you use to me, and I will be able to make modifications for you.

Disclaimer
Although this method has been tested on my Redmi Note 3 and Sony Xperia Z1 (both have LineageOS unofficial installed), and I am trying my best to ensure the accuracy of the tutorial, I am not responsible for any damage on your device's hardware, software or data, or any consequences of the damage.

Prerequisite
To manually modify your ROM, you need the following:
Working Apktool on your PC
Working TWRP recovery on your device with Android 7.1.x

Optional:
ROOT permission and and any root file explorer on your device
If you prefer doing all modifications on your PC first, you can use System_Extractor to extract your ROM on your PC, so you don't need to grab files from your Android device.

Steps
0. Make sure that Apktool and TWRP (and System_Extractor) work on your devices. You might need to install JRE (and Python) on your PC.

1. Obtain /system/framework/framework-res.apk of the ROM you are using. You can do this by one of these methods:
If you have TWRP, you can use the file explorer shipped with TWRP to get the file.
If you have ROOT permission and any root file explorer on your device, you can browse /system/framework/ and get the APK.
If you have System_Extractor on your PC, you can extract the ROM and get the file on your computer.

1.1. If you also want to modify Settings app's icon, obtain /system/priv-app/Settings/Settings.apk and sometimes all the APKs under /system/framework/ directory. You might need all the APKs under framework directory because without them apktool would throw an error. On most CM-based/Lineage-based ROMs, you need /system/framework/org.cyanogenmod.platform-res.apk in addition to framework-res.apk.

1.2. If you also want to modify Download app's icon, obtain /system/priv-app/DocumentsUI/DocumentsUI.apk.

2. Copy all the files you get to one place on your PC. Start terminal/command prompt and execute

to decode *.apk to a new folder.

2.1. If you are dealing with Settings.apk, you may experience the following error:

You need to "install" all the APKs under /system/framework/ directory first, like:

Then try decoding Settings.apk again.
See this webpage for more details.

3. You should now see a folder named framework-res.
Open that folder and open res/values/bools.xml, then find the following line:
<bool name="config_useRoundIcon">false</bool>
To enable round icon, edit that line as:

Then, open res/values/colors.xml and find the following lines:

To enable round icon, edit that line as:
<bool name="config_useRoundIcon">true</bool>
Then, open res/values/colors.xml and find the following lines:
<color name="primary_device_default_dark">@color/primary_material_dark</color>
<color name="primary_device_default_light">@color/primary_material_light</color>
<color name="primary_device_default_settings">@color/primary_material_settings</color>
<color name="primary_dark_device_default_dark">@color/primary_dark_material_dark</color>
<color name="primary_dark_device_default_light">@color/primary_dark_material_light</color>
<color name="primary_dark_device_default_settings">@color/primary_dark_material_settings</color>
<color name="secondary_device_default_settings">@color/secondary_material_settings</color>
<color name="tertiary_device_default_settings">@color/tertiary_material_settings</color>
<color name="quaternary_device_default_settings">@color/quaternary_material_settings</color>
<color name="accent_device_default_700">@color/material_deep_teal_700</color>
<color name="accent_device_default_light">@color/accent_material_light</color>
<color name="accent_device_default_dark">@color/accent_material_dark</color>
<color name="accent_device_default_50">@color/material_deep_teal_50</color>
To change the accent color from teal to blue, make these modifications:
<color name="primary_device_default_dark">#ff2d2d2d</color>
<color name="primary_device_default_light">@color/primary_material_light</color>
<color name="primary_device_default_settings">@color/primary_device_default_dark</color>
<color name="primary_dark_device_default_dark">#ff242424</color>
<color name="primary_dark_device_default_light">@color/primary_dark_material_light</color>
<color name="primary_dark_device_default_settings">@color/primary_dark_device_default_dark</color>
<color name="secondary_device_default_settings">#ff3a3a3a </color>
<color name="tertiary_device_default_settings">#ff616161</color>
<color name="quaternary_device_default_settings">#ff9e9e9 e</color>
<color name="accent_device_default_700">#ff3367d6</color>
<color name="accent_device_default_light">#ff4285f4</color>
<color name="accent_device_default_dark">#ff5e97f6</color>
<color name="accent_device_default_50">#ffe8f0fe</color>
(These values are the ones that come with Pixel stock ROM)

3.1. If you want th change icons of Settings and Downloads apps, download the attached ZIP in this thread, then copy the corresponding folders in the ZIP file to your workspace and replace original app icons.

4. Use the following command to build modified APKs:

(These values are the ones that come with Pixel stock ROM)

3.1. If you want th change icons of Settings and Downloads apps, download the attached ZIP in this thread, then copy the corresponding folders in the ZIP file to your workspace and replace original app icons.

4. Use the following command to build modified APKs:
apktool b <folder-name> -c
Then you can find the APK under <folder-name>/dist/<folder-name>.apk.

5. Copy the APKs to your device, and reboot into TWRP recovery. Use TWRP's file manager to replace the original APKs with new files. Make sure you apply

for all the new APKs. You can easily do this in TWRP's file manager.
Note: when your device is still in the Android OS, do not replace the files, especially framework-res.apk, because it probably causes boot loop.

6. Reboot and enjoy!

Flashable ZIPs
You can directly flash these ZIPs in TWRP to get blue accent color and round icons.
In most cases, these ZIPs are ROM-and-version-specific, meaning that each ZIP is likely to work on only one version of one ROM. For instance, a ZIP for a January LineageOS unofficial build might not work on a December LineageOS unofficial build, even if they come from the same developer. Flash them at your own risk.
For official lineage-14.1-20170308-nightly-kenzo-signed.zip: Click here to download
For official lineage-14.1-20170131-nightly-kenzo-signed.zip: Click here to download
For official lineage-14.1-20170125-nightly-kenzo-signed.zip: Click here to download
For minz1's LineageOS 14.1 JAN-08 V2: Click here to download

Reference
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nex...k-res-t3515739
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-icon-t3536267

If this thread helps you, please click on the "Thanks" thumb up button!

Is there a way to do this on the phone with an app?
12th March 2017, 07:53 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehlek

Is there a way to do this on the phone with an app?

There was an xposed module that could do this. But xposed is not yet compatible with Android 7. The other option would be to use/make a substratum theme but then you need a rom that supports this.
12th March 2017, 06:34 PM |#30  
Flag Niagara Falls
Thanks Meter: 1,976

More
I get bootloop on NOS
15th March 2017, 06:22 PM |#31  
Flag Surabaya, East Java
Thanks Meter: 385

More
@LeoYL would u mind to mod CAF AOSP Framework also? I think it way better cuz its nearly android stock, I can Give you the framework... Please
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mod, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)