[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][MARSHMALLOW][BETA] LineageOS 13 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Search This thread

Xeniumh

Jun 15, 2015
Great ROM, thanks for keeping this device alive.
ROM seems smooth except for a few issues I have found,
I dont know which screen I have but i found that the brightness does not go as low as other devices so the screen seems brighter than it needs to be.
The screen on time for me seems to be 2.5 hours, so not very great but the sleep mode of cm13 is great for when not using the device.
I found that WiFi seems to take a moment to start doing anything when requested to do so. Loading webpages, video and so on takes a to longer than it should, seems to idle for 5 seconds then start downloading the data.
I found that taking a photo through whatsapp and pressing send would cause the device to crash, once the app loaded up again you could send the image no problem.
Like other people have commented I did notice the camera exposure to be rather dark.
I am not sure whether its my device as its not an issue for this rom alone, I also found it on MIUI and CM12.1 but the torch app sometimes disappears or wont actually turn the torch led on even though flash still works in the camera.
Thanks for the ROM though, glad to see some development for this device.

eLaDiio

Nov 27, 2011
Santiago
In my device the speaker sounds very weird, like without bass and only happens in this ROM and cyan13, is just me? :eek:

mappy24

May 17, 2012
Many thanks for this, everything I use daily is working so far.

Quick question, I've just charged the battery for around 7 hours overnight as usual and I woke up to find the battery is only 90% charged, what would cause this?

Edit: Just to add, it's my first full charge since flashing yesterday.

Last edited:

mikeysteele

Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne
LeEco Le Pro3
Many thanks for this, everything I use daily is working so far.

Quick question, I've just charged the battery for around 7 hours overnight as usual and I woke up to find the battery is only 90% charged, what would cause this?

Edit: Just to add, it's my first full charge since flashing yesterday.

The battery is probably fully charged, it's more likely to be the battery driver reporting the wrong value to the OS.

feanad

Oct 19, 2017
My Redmi Note 3 doesnt charge fast anymore and it drains pretty quick. Any solution to this beside changing battery?

feanad

Oct 19, 2017
Switch back to 5.x or wait for a new build, devs are actively trying to fix power controller driver which is unfinished in your current build

Thanks for the response. I am actually on 5.0.2 LRX22G. The issue suddenly started like a month or so ago. Noticed screen is taking up so much of the battery life even when the use time is so little.

PipoPT

Dec 29, 2013
Thanks for the response. I am actually on 5.0.2 LRX22G. The issue suddenly started like a month or so ago. Noticed screen is taking up so much of the battery life even when the use time is so little.

That's funny. I use the CM12.1 Rom and I noticed the same about a month ago.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fs7.postimg.org%2F6t7anfsvv%2Flineageos13.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

CHANGELOG
    build: 2017.07.18
    • Released
    • Added FmRadio
    • Fixed youtube 1080p 60fps videos
    • July security patches
    • Flyme camera added

INSTRUCTIONS
    • First time installing LineageOS 13.0 to your Redmi Note 3 or coming from another ROM:
    • Make sure you have unlocked your bootloader
    • Flash a custom recovery via SP Flashtool (any other installing methods will do, just make sure you have TWRP recovery installed)
    • Use TWRP 3.x.x only
    • Push GApps (arm64) and the CM 13.0 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Do all wipes (dalvik cache, cache, system, data)
    • Flash the CM 13.0 zip from SD card
    • Flash GApps for Marmallow from SD card
    • Reboot (be patient, "optimizing apps" takes a while)
    • Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    • Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

WHAT WORKS:
    • Cameras
    • Sound
    • USB / MTP / PTP
    • Bluetooth
    • Wi-Fi
    • Vibra
    • Proximity sensor
    • Accelerometer
    • Gyroscope
    • Doubletap disable by default ,can be activated with kernel adiutor (only for touch FocalTech, for Atmel later)
    • Led indicator
    • The charge controller
    • Light sensor
    • OTG
    • Charge Controller
    • FmRadio
    • Youtube 60fps videos
    • Bluetooth audio

DON`T WORKS:
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Irda
    • Compas
    • Maybe something else
    BUGS
    • Sometimes scroll in apps like instagram or reddit is lagging
    • You tell me...
    DOWNLOAD:
    THANKS TO:
    • @nofearnohappy & @LazyC0DEr for the 3.10.72 kernel source for the RN2 and tips
    • @Smosia for the 3.10.72 kernel and kernel fixes for RN3
    • @Sicmosh for the CM13.0 builds and fixes for RN3
    • @Dinolek
    • @DumF0rGaming
    Device tree: https://github.com/fulgerul46/android_device_xiaomi_hennessy
    Vendor : https://github.com/fulgerul46/android_vendor_xiaomi_hennessy

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][MARSHMALLOW][BETA] LineageOS 13 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    fulgerul46
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader unlocked

Version Information

Created 2017-07-18
    Last Updated 2017-07-23
    Thank you Very Much!

I don't really have time to work anymore on this rom because of the school so i will post here the latest version : . Compass is semi working , and for youtube 60 fps you need to give root acces to the 60 fps app and go to settings accessibility and turn 60fps on ,you need to do that just one time

I want to say thank you very much for this awesome ROM! It is so, so near to have a stable MM ROM for this device! I have been using the ROM for about 2 weeks now, and there is nothing, really nothing to complain about. Some highlights:

- I use 2 SIM cards, one of them with a data plan. With original latest MIUI ROM I could only do 3G, but with this ROM I can get LTE everywhere (and yes, it does have LTE speed :)). Updated RIL was a very welcome surprise here.
    - WiFi is now unlocked to its full potential! Great!
    - Stable, not a hiccup/lock/etc. that I noticed. I started from the scratch, did not import any app.
    - Fast overall. The phone is snappy and 'happy', so am I!
    - Android Auto (AA) does communicate with my car now! Great! I tried 1000's of settings with the MIUI ROM, as well as 100's of USB cables, but I never got AA to work with my car. With this ROM it worked the first time I connected with the car system.
    - Calls on both SIM, SMS/MMS on both SIM, all as it should!
    - Bluetooth can now do data exchange, as well as playing songs without interruptions. Amazing!
    - Battery charging on MIUI ROM was good and fast, but in this ROM is even faster!
    - All the apps I use work as required, no delays. Google Duo is very snappy during video calls, no hiccups or interruptions (also thanks for the optimized WiFi as I mentioned above).
    - GPS, etc. working great;
    - Google assistant and Cortana coexisting very well (I need Cortana to sync SMS and other messages with my work PC). On MIUI ROM either Google or Cortana would fail at least twice a day.

Really, if the fingerprint sensor was working, you could call this ROM 'stable'! Can we have a last go with this ROM? I am glad to help if I can!

Again, many, many thanks @fulgerul46 and all other contributors (@nofearnohappy, @LazyC0DEr, @Smosia, @Sicmosh for the CM13.0, @Dinolek and @DumF0rGaming) for this great work out of your free time! :good::good::good::good:
    News as follows ten days ago:

Smosia will take another look at AOSP no sooner than Tuesday. We apologize for inconvinience.

Meanwhile he did a bit of camera reversing. Tons of ov5670 (front camera) configs has been fixed.

----------------

Maybe there is some new bugs to be resolved.
    Since quite a few people bother about updates in development and a fact that we have Russian channel already, I'm introducing global RN3 custom development news feed! Let's see how many of us!

https://t.me/rn3intch

Meanwhile, I will also publish free iconpacks and useful apps as soon as sales are going
    I don't really have time to work anymore on this rom because of the school so i will post here the latest version : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B19jNsds8A2Pb0dHVTFVblNoWEk/view. Compass is semi working , and for youtube 60 fps you need to give root acces to the 60 fps app and go to settings accessibility and turn 60fps on ,you need to do that just one time