[Rom][Unofficial][Stable][05/13][OTA][FINGERPRINT WORKING][Cm12.1]Redmi Note 3 MTK

Search This thread

cbacsro

Mar 2, 2012
Oradea
hi guys! i'm so happy to see that somebody here have this phone and there are some developer.. can you confirm that this rom is for redmi note 3 mediatek version 2/16g or 3/32g?
hopefully next week i'll recieve the unlock code and i'll flash this rom immediately. thanks evrybody :fingers-crossed:
Yes, this rom is for redmi note 3 mediatek version 2/16g or 3/32g.
I use it from 1 week.

alahkel

May 25, 2008
I know I am OT but I wanna ask you guys 1 thing.
Could anyone of you with the bootloader alr unlocked flash through twrp the getlogs.zip of the app dualboot patcher by chenxiaolong? Then attach here the logs file that is generated.
It is needed to be given to the dev of that app which basically lets you dual boot on your rmn3 (eg. dual boot between miui rom and cm 12.1, very simple way of dual booting).
You can get the file and the dual boot patcher app on the website (search dual boot patcher on google).
I would do it by myself but xiaomi still has to authorize my account to unlock the bootloader :(

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

ruperxl89

Jul 25, 2014
What?

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

The link of post 7 is bad o is down

alahkel

May 25, 2008
Are you going to support android M or N?
well it's really too soon for N lol.
Since I don't know what is the work to be done for building from sources a cm 13 which is not officially mantained, dunno what we have to wait for someone starting the "source-porting" for our device.
OMG I'm so happy, xiaomi just texted me that I can now unlock my bootloader!
Since its 4am here I guess I'll get some sleep and try that tomorrow then I'll give chenxiaolong the logs for dualbooting myself :)

PipoPT

Dec 29, 2013

matbo

Jun 10, 2014
Looking forward to try this!
Download link is down, so waiting for a new build to pop in.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

By the way, could you possibly port this version: http://xdaforums.com/redmi-note/orig-development/roms-cyanogenmod-13-0-android-6-0-t3254124 ??
That would be AWESOME!
I don't think so... The rom in The link is for The snapdragon version of The redmi 4g:(

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

alahkel

May 25, 2008
Any news? I'm using the aosp rom linked a few posts before mine. The fingerprint beta app integrated in that rom is working really nice so I think dev could contact them..

Taengo0

Mar 8, 2014
fully working fingerprint scanner, even 2nd simcard slot got 4G...just sharing

h t t p ://en.miui.com/thread-210071-1-1.html

Reactions: alahkel

alahkel

May 25, 2008
fully working fingerprint scanner, even 2nd simcard slot got 4G...just sharing

h t t p ://en.miui.com/thread-210071-1-1.html
Thank you, I was using the 2.3 version of that rom and did know that devs were working on 3.0.
I hope cm12 devs will implement the fingerprint and 2nd sim 4g/3g

Shantanu

Jul 14, 2013
Thane
I don't understand one thing. Why do we have to use SP flash tool if I have snapdragon 650 processor variant? SP flash tool is for mediatek chipsets right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to brick my rmn3

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2 using Tapatalk

mokorottyu

Dec 8, 2012
I don't understand one thing. Why do we have to use SP flash tool if I have snapdragon 650 processor variant? SP flash tool is for mediatek chipsets right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to brick my rmn3

Man...who said that you have to use SP Flash tool?? Or WHO SAID that is for Snapdragon variant. Do you read it somewhere? Did you see PRO in the device name? NO!! So it's for MTK version.
The only reason why you will brick your phone, is that you don't understand what you read...And nobodies fault.

Shantanu

Jul 14, 2013
Thane
Man...who said that you have to use SP Flash tool?? Or WHO SAID that is for Snapdragon variant. Do you read it somewhere? Did you see PRO in the device name? NO!! So it's for MTK version.
The only reason why you will brick your phone, is that you don't understand what you read...And nobodies fault.
But in India there's no PRO version which has been said many times in many websites, there will be only redmi note 3 with no PRO variant and with snapdragon processor only. I'm not a noob, it's just about country difference.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Well, after digging up more I realized there's no developer ROM for the PRO variant, it'll be released in a week or a month (as they said) I really wanted to try this ROM :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE DO SUPPORT THIS BY BUYING ME A DEVICE, ACCEPTING DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL lokjianming@outlook.com, THANKS!

250px-CyanogenMod_logo.svg.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE UNLOCKED YOUR BOOTLOADER BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
    We will not support users and answer questions from users which:
    • are running a custom kernel
    • have flashed mods
    • modified system files
    • didn't follow our instructions word by word
    • are unfriendly

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 12.1 to your Redmi Note 3 or coming from another ROM:
    • Make sure you have unlocked your bootloader
    • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot (any other installing methods will do, just make sure you have TWRP recovery installed)
    • Push GApps (arm64) and the CM 12.1 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash the CM 12.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash GApps for Lollipop from SD card
    • Reboot (be patient, "optimizing apps" takes a while)
    • Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    • Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 12.1 (1st Method):
    • Push the new CM 12.1 zip to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash the CM 12.1 zip from SD card
    • Optionally flash the most recent GApps for Lollipop if you encounter problems
    • Reboot (be patient, "optimizing apps" takes a while)
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 12.1 (2nd Method):
    • Create a folder named cmupdater in your Internal Storage
    • Go to Settings - About phone - Cyanogenmod Updates
    • Tap on the zip you just copied to your Internal Storage and click update.
    • The phone will reboot into recovery and install the update automatically. Then it will reboot again automatically. (be patient, "optimizing apps" takes a while)

DOWNLOADS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Google Apps (arm64): wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/gapps

BUGS
    Report bugs for builds below the thread. Please keep in mind that bugs are expected on these builds.

Current status:
    • Builds: [urlhttps://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24533100289591145[/url]
    • Known issues: No LTE on SIM 2, can't install apps from Google Play Store which are larger than 1GB (TO BE CONFIRMED), FM RADIO NOT WORKING

If you like my work, you could always buy me a coffee

Supporters (based on time):
    • @shasta123
    • @PipoPT
    • @Daihogo
    • @haryadi_aja

FAQ
    • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
    • First of all do not flash any supersu/superuser/superman zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root acces > Apps Only
    • Are these gapps <insert random gapps package here> working with cm12.1?
    • Use the suggested package
    • When do I have to wipe data?
    • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channel.
    • Why no <insert miui feature here>?
    • Because this is CyanogenMod

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Rom][Unofficial][Stable][05/13][OTA][FINGERPRINT SENSOR WORKING][CM12.1] Redmi Note 3 MTK Version, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note

Contributors
    lokjianming, pocaropa, nofearnohappy, xen0n, lbule
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-02-26
    Last Updated 2016-05-13
    I got myself a Redmi Note 3 now after selling some of my old PC stuff and I'm waiting for it to get unlocked now, so development would begin on my next school holidays after I finish my project, hopefully things will become better since I have a device to test now.
    Fingerprint sensor support is coming now thanks to r.schlegel and sicmosh, cheers! :D
    Meanwhile you guys learning Russian to follow the hype train and pay respects we're having some fresh blood! RN2 guys LazyC0DEr, nofearnohappy, Anomalchik and vova.vafin are now cooperating with our Sicmosh, Skrem339 and Smosia, who made a huge progress earlier today. He got custom kernel for MIUI 7 booting with audio, gps, wifi, bt, light sensor, vibration, capacitive buttons, accelerometer, gyroscope, MTP and charging working. Now he's trying to fix telephony. At the same time Sicmosh told them what to do with AOSP 6.0 and CM13 to get it ported as well. If you think you've learned Russian enough - join our Telegram! https://telegram.me/xrnlernel
    Just some announcements, an update will be coming soon (maybe in a week) which should add a few more fixes and stability improvements. As far as I know there were no issues with the SIM card (at least for me), but if this issue persists in the next build, please do let me know. Meanwhile the work on fingerprint should begin soon, so stay tuned. :D