[Update 16/02/18] XPOSED FRAMEWORK Fix For All MIUI Android 6.0 Devices

Search This thread

rouenmod

Aug 27, 2017
Nice title xD

Glad you took the time to fix this properly, I didn't want to spend anymore time and support it since I have moved on from Xposed and hope to never use it again (hello performance, I've missed you!)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Magisk is a platform for modifying the firmware "systemlessly". Xposed is a platform for modifying Dalvik code at runtime.

Magisk allows Safetynet to pass. Having Xposed will always break Safetynet. But Magisk itself does not allow runtime dalvik patching.

Magisk and Xposed are not related. One does not replace the other, they have a different scope. If you just do some basic research and read about what Magisk and Xposed actually do then the difference is pretty straight forward.
thanks for the explanation, and forgot to ask, what is the benefit of passing safetynet?

and why do u think xposed have bad impact on performance? what modules u used?

Sorry I love to ask things :D

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
thanks for the explanation, and forgot to ask, what is the benefit of passing safetynet?

Safetynet is required for apps like Netflix, Android Pay, and various other things. Basically any app developer who wants to detect an unlocked/rooted phone can use Google Safetynet check to block access with them. If you have Xposed installed, all these apps will refuse to work.

Xposed will add an overhead to everything simply because of how it works, it hooks every method call and slows down the VM. It's also a massive security risk - Xposed modules can basically do anything on your system - they can completely bypass Permissions and Root and act like part of the system. Consider many modules are closed source, e.g. xMIUI, it's a massive privacy issue. Xposed modules could guys could literally be stealing your cash with premium SMS without you knowing. It's unlikely of course, but it's possible without you even knowing.

I'm using DexPatcher to design my own mods from scratch so I don't have to use Xposed anymore, and I'm getting far better performance and multitasking capability. I plan to release these all soon under an Xposed-alternative project (it will basically be a "custom ROM generator") that REQUIRES open-source contributions and encourages collaborative effort, not like this "pay for my Xposed modules" crap.

But I digress. Xposed is great, don't get me wrong. It's just not very good if you care more about stability and performance instead of ability to tweak and mod every million thing (Xposed is extremely flexible and easy to use - that's the advantage of it).

Last edited:

rouenmod

Aug 27, 2017
Safetynet is required for apps like Netflix, Android Pay, and various other things. Basically any app developer who wants to detect an unlocked/rooted phone can use Google Safetynet check to block access with them.

Xposed will add an overhead to everything simply because of how it works, it hooks every method call and slows down the VM. It's also a massive security risk - Xposed modules can basically do anything on your system - they can completely bypass Permissions and Root and act like part of the system. Consider many modules are closed source, e.g. xMIUI, it's a massive privacy issue.

I'm using DexPatcher to design my own mods from scratch so I don't have to use Xposed anymore, and I'm getting far better performance and multitasking capability.

again, thanks for the explanation, u guys rock, I wish I can do mods too, but for nw I need to depend on xposed i think

ngeegn

Oct 22, 2017
Worked on Miui v9 (android 6) from xiaomi.eu (on a RedMi Pro)

I tried before with many others and with all of them I obtained the "non activated" message.
Thanks a lot.

=========

This version of Xposed will fix the "not activated" Xposed error in some Xiaomi device running MIUI base Android 6.0 which have the following error line in the Xposed log:

"Error during Xposed initialization java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: no "J" field "BOOT_START_TIME" in class "Lde/robv/xposed/XposedBridge" or its superclass"

Currently supported devices:
- All MIUI Android 6.0 Devices !!

Update 22/10/17:
- Fixed some junk
- Added the Fixed version of Magisk MIUI Xposed Framework ! (Updated to latest Magisk Module Template 1400)
- Added credit :)

Update 19/10/17:
- Added the Fixed version of ARM and ARM64 MIUI Xposed Framework ! (Magisk version will be added soon)
- Fixed xMIUI not working \(^O^)/yayyyy

Note 1:
- If you installed Magisk, Xposed together and often get random reboot then you need to disable Systemless hosts in the Magisk setting. Sorry, these's nothing i can do :(

Note 2:
- My name is Nguyễn Thế Vinh but you can call me VinhNTV :)

Reactions: KiLLiNGDAY

rizza99

Oct 23, 2017
Help me!

Thanks you brooo, it work for me, finally. Redmi 4 (prada) Android marshmallow 6.0.1, arm64, MIUI 9 MultiROM 7.10.13.

From your name, i know you'r from Vietnam, best regard from Indonesia.

Last edited:

aymanayma

Jun 22, 2017
It work for me, miui 9 android 6, but when i want to download module, it cant..
Then some feature in xmiui can work well like round corner.. Please help

Nguyễn Thế Vinh

Apr 6, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: aymanayma

yujincheng08

Mar 11, 2017
same issue with magisk version. My phone reboot into recovery after a while instead of normal booting. Cannot get any log fom xposed or adb.
Only the log from /cache/magisk.log. But I cannot find anything useful.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxSJ35Xas7OU0VDUFdmUWJabVE/view?usp=sharing

Oh and I found something really instersting. When I remove xposed.prop from /masigk/xposed_MIUI/system/, it does not boot into recovery.
Before your work, I have tried to make my own systemless xposed, I am facing the same problem. If I mount xposed.prop to /system, it will boot into recovery. If I did not mount it to /sytem but somewhere else, it boots well but the xposed installer show that the xposed is installed but not actived. And the logcat of xposed says cannot find /system/xposed.prop.
I referenced to SolarWarez's masigk version and, yes, he did not place xposed.prop on /system. So I think the key is to place xposed.prop somewhere else and solve the 'inactive' problem.

Last edited:

Nguyễn Thế Vinh

Apr 6, 2016
same issue with magisk version. My phone reboot into recovery after a while instead of normal booting. Cannot get any log fom xposed or adb.
Only the log from /cache/magisk.log. But I cannot find anything useful.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxSJ35Xas7OU0VDUFdmUWJabVE/view?usp=sharing

Oh and I found something really instersting. When I remove xposed.prop from /masigk/xposed_MIUI/system/, it does not boot into recovery.
Before your work, I have tried to make my own systemless xposed, I am facing the same problem. If I mount xposed.prop to /system, it will boot into recovery. If I did not mount it to /sytem but somewhere else, it boots well but the xposed installer show that the xposed is installed but not actived. And the logcat of xposed says cannot find /system/xposed.prop.
I referenced to SolarWarez's masigk version and, yes, he did not place xposed.prop on /system. So I think the key is to place xposed.prop somewhere else and solve the 'inactive' problem.

That weird, i make this base on SolarWarez' Magisk version and i have no problem using it. What's your device ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: I no longer work on this thing and i will not answer any question about it anymore, sorry :(

Xposed for MIUI is now officially supported by Xposed' developer, i suggest you try the official first before this one

This version of Xposed will fix the "not activated" Xposed error in some Xiaomi device running MIUI base Android 6.0 which have the following error line in the Xposed log:

"Error during Xposed initialization java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: no "J" field "BOOT_START_TIME" in class "Lde/robv/xposed/XposedBridge" or its superclass"

- All MIUI Android 6.0 Devices !! (Most of 'em)

Update 22/10/17:
    - Fixed some junk
    - Added the Fixed version of Magisk MIUI Xposed Framework ! (Updated to latest Magisk Module Template 1400)

Update 19/10/17:
    - Added the Fixed version of ARM and ARM64 MIUI Xposed Framework ! (Magisk version will be added soon)

Bug:
    - Xposed Magisk version not active when Magisk Systemless host is enabled.
    --> Fix: Disable Magisk Systemless hosts or install ARM/ARM64 version.

Safetynet is required for apps like Netflix, Android Pay, and various other things. Basically any app developer who wants to detect an unlocked/rooted phone can use Google Safetynet check to block access with them. If you have Xposed installed, all these apps will refuse to work.

Xposed will add an overhead to everything simply because of how it works, it hooks every method call and slows down the VM. It's also a massive security risk - Xposed modules can basically do anything on your system - they can completely bypass Permissions and Root and act like part of the system. Consider many modules are closed source, e.g. xMIUI, it's a massive privacy issue. Xposed modules could guys could literally be stealing your cash with premium SMS without you knowing. It's unlikely of course, but it's possible without you even knowing.

I'm using DexPatcher to design my own mods from scratch so I don't have to use Xposed anymore, and I'm getting far better performance and multitasking capability. I plan to release these all soon under an Xposed-alternative project (it will basically be a "custom ROM generator") that REQUIRES open-source contributions and encourages collaborative effort, not like this "pay for my Xposed modules" crap.

But I digress. Xposed is great, don't get me wrong. It's just not very good if you care more about stability and performance instead of ability to tweak and mod every million thing (Xposed is extremely flexible and easy to use - that's the advantage of it).

Do you have the Uninstaller if something happened on the boot or stuck to back the miui work normally?

You just need to boot to Recovery, flash the Magisk IMG mount zip file, delete the "miui9-android6-xposed-fix" folder which located in /magisk and then reboot your phone, easy :)

Here the Magisk IMG mount zip file that am talking about: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/magisk-mount-unmount-img-t3597614
    Hello.I have a note 4 mtk.How can I install magisk for system-less root? Will I have OTA updates normally with magisk?

- Flash Custom Recovery
    - Install Magisk from here:
    https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
    - Done !

Yes you will still have OTA as normal

I tried before with many others and with all of them I obtained the "non activated" message.
    Thanks a lot.

=========

- All MIUI Android 6.0 Devices !!

Update 22/10/17:
    - Fixed some junk

Update 19/10/17:

Note 1:
    - If you installed Magisk, Xposed together and often get random reboot then you need to disable Systemless hosts in the Magisk setting. Sorry, these's nothing i can do :(

Note 2:
    - My name is Nguyễn Thế Vinh but you can call me VinhNTV :)