[Redmi Note 4 MTK (Nikel)] Epic ROM 7.3.23 Released! (By EPIC Team)

Search This thread

natdanai

Dec 31, 2012
Anyone encounter issue where apps always close by itself after 10 mins of screen off? I tried with deezer,poweramp.
I have set the apps to 'No restrictions' in battery setting. Still occurred.

Please help.

Last edited:

jarzy

Mar 10, 2017
Why avira gives me a virus alarm when i downloaded this and ran my full scan?

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Why avira gives a virus alarm when i downloaded this to my pc and runned scan?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

SeRaF7N

May 29, 2016
Santo Domingo
The best ROM I've ever used!

This is so far the best ROM I've ever used in my Redmi Note 4. Very stable and smooth, nice and clean interface, without any issues, and the best, battery life is amazing. 5/5 :good:

jarzy

Mar 10, 2017
sdr/andr.umpay.ztnci avira says this is a virus? Is it or what that avira is alarming?

jarzy

Mar 10, 2017
I am using Comodo and it gives no error.
I checked it twice on the PC (zip file) and once installed on the phone.
Let's update, don't be shy !!
All my data and my other **** that doesn't need to get in wrong hands so when i get alarm i pass till there is a version that doesn't give alarms. Too sensitive and valuable info. Lol

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 4 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

I am using Comodo and it gives no error.
I checked it twice on the PC (zip file) and once installed on the phone.
Let's update, don't be shy !!

Try with avira.This new one im not tested virus vise but all below shows that alarm. Any other rom doesn't??

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 4 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

buraq4

Apr 30, 2014
Dhaka
I've tried to install this rom multiple times but with no luck I could ever get it run on my device. Also tried with the fix nikel patch but this also could not get this rom to run on my device. I've tried exactly how it was instructed, let the rom boot for more than 15 minutes but it never went pass the epic rom logo. Don't know if I was missing something, any solution would be greatly appreciated. Please help me install this rom on my Redmi Note 4x mtk (nikel).

Silvers91

Jun 28, 2014
Rabat
I've tried to install this rom multiple times but with no luck I could ever get it run on my device. Also tried with the fix nikel patch but this also could not get this rom to run on my device. I've tried exactly how it was instructed, let the rom boot for more than 15 minutes but it never went pass the epic rom logo. Don't know if I was missing something, any solution would be greatly appreciated. Please help me install this rom on my Redmi Note 4x mtk (nikel).

Whoah, even with this version? I thought this was an issue only with the newer version 7.6.10, I'm unable to run it as well, it keeps stuck at the Rom Logo for an eternity.. But I'm pretty sure I was able to run Epic Rom 7.3.23 on my phone before with no issues.. Makes me think if this is a TWRP issue, since I'm using a new version of TWRP (the one with the orange interface).. Before I used to have cofface TWRP with the blue interface.. Which one are you using?

Reactions: buraq4

George Malas

Jan 13, 2016
Google Pixel 3 XL
Motorola Edge
Whoah, even with this version? I thought this was an issue only with the newer version 7.6.10, I'm unable to run it as well, it keeps stuck at the Rom Logo for an eternity.. But I'm pretty sure I was able to run Epic Rom 7.3.23 on my phone before with no issues.. Makes me think if this is a TWRP issue, since I'm using a new version of TWRP (the one with the orange interface).. Before I used to have cofface TWRP with the blue interface.. Which one are you using?
I had the same issue before. I fixed it by downloading the custom rom zip file via IDM (Internet Download Manager). For some reason Chrome+Firefox mess up the zip file :/.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

I had the same issue before. I fixed it by downloading the custom rom zip file via IDM (Internet Download Manager). For some reason Chrome+Firefox mess up the zip file :/.
Oh and FYI I'm using Cofface's TWRP Recovery.

Silvers91

Jun 28, 2014
Rabat

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Oh and FYI I'm using Cofface's TWRP Recovery.

Wow seriously? But how do you know whether it was really thanks to downloading to ROM using IDM, or just as I said, a TWRP issue?

George Malas

Jan 13, 2016
Google Pixel 3 XL
Motorola Edge
Wow seriously? But how do you know whether it was really thanks to downloading to ROM using IDM, or just as I said, a TWRP issue?
Because I flashed the zip downloaded using Chrome and it wouldn't get past the MI Logo. Afterwards I flashed the zip downloaded using IDM and it finally booted! I suggest you 1)Download the zip via IDM 2) Flash Cofface's TWRP. and you should be good to go.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings MIUI-ers!!!

Jamflux, Pocarropa, and MrRaines (MrTomatico here on en.miui), creators of Épic ROM, we are glad to present Épic ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, who was born thanks to the hard work of these guys. Epic ROM is a Custom ROM based on MIUI, but with some mods and improvements that you can see below on features chapter.
    The focus of this ROM is improve MIUI official stock on many devices making many mods and improve Xiaomi sellers to get a bigger MIUI-ers family! This is not MIUI DEVICE TEAM Rom, this is an EPIC TEAM ROM who was born on HTCMANIA (spanish forum) one year ago! :D.

MIUI DEVICE TEAM is making an amazing work with other issues, and two of them will add to EPIC TEAM to bring to you EPIC. Thanks guys for your hard work!!! And thanks to all Xiaomi members and en.miui Smods/Admins/Mods: Thank you for all your support and help! :)

Epic ROM also will available on:

Mi MIX [Lithium] -> MrRaines (MrTomatico) NOW AVAILABLE
    Mi MAX [Hydrogen] -> Albertkuba (coming soon)
    Redmi Note 3 [Hennessy] -> ByAdversary NOW AVAILABLE
    Redmi Note 3 Pro [Kenzo] -> Jamflux and Pocarropa NOW AVAILABLE
    Redmi 3 [Ido] -> xXxlol456789xXx (Coming soon)
    Redmi Note 4 [Nikel] -> coolmihir NOW AVAILABLE

**IMPORTANT ADVISE : Install at your own risk on your device. We are not responsible of any damage on your device. Read carefully instructions before install.

Requirements:

-Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    -Unlocked Bootloader (official unlock to prevent issues)
    -Custom Recovery (TWRP ZCX Recovery is highly recommended)
    -Make a full Backup before flashing using TWRP Recovery (System, Data, Cache, and EFS).
    -Read all thread before proceed
    -Love for technology and most important: Love for Xiaomi! :D

Features 23-Mar-2017

Based on Latest 7.3.23 build (Xiaomi.eu build)
    Multilanguage
    Gapps Pico pre-installed (Google Play Store and Google Services... you can choose what Google app's are you going to install later :p)
    Épic OTA Service Added on Settings
    Epic Mods on OTA app
    Music App Improved
    Icons on Settings
    Root SuperSU updated and adapted to RN4
    Init.d support
    Busybox pre-installed
    Kernel tweaks (very little changes on boot.img)
    MIUI Launcher improvements
    Camera MODs (better image quality)
    Adway integrated on system (you can see also on Settings)
    All Chinese app's and Google app's (bloatware) removed
    Advanced Reboot Menú (PowerMenu improved)
    DolbyAtmos Updated to latest version
    Fingeprint Lock (Not Enabled by default)
    Supports Xposed but Xposed is not pre-installed (I am not going to pre-install Xposed on this ROM to prevent System Issues, but I bring you the posibility of installing it, thanks to init.d, root, and busybox... use Xposed at your own risk).
    Few New Icons Added
    Some Nice Wallpapers added
    Setings > About Phone > Epic ROM Pic Changed [Screenshot Below]
    RAM Improved [On an average 1.9GB or 1.8 GB is available]
    More Languages and Spanish Updated (thanks to @JamFlux)
    Assistant Touch Updated Like Epic Team Style :p
    Animations on SystemUI (lockscreen). Thanks to Xiaomi EU.
    Epic Bootanimation
    Updater-Script improved thanks to @pocarropa
    Increased Battery Performance
    Better Battery and Performance/RAM management thanks to few more code lines from Epic Team & Xiaomi Eu

I have removed the SIM Signal Icon to the left and Center Clock Mod by Default. I will add it to the Epic OTA app Soon.

If you want them Download and flash it via the Recovery from here.

Flash it only on Epic ROM.

Languages Supported:

All European Languages from Xiaomi.eu (Thanks Guys)

How to install

Download ZIP from below.
    Reboot to recovery (Press Power + Volume up)
    Make a full backup of your current ROM and copy it to your computer to prevent issues.
    Wipe: Dalvik, Cache, Data, System.
    Install ZIP Rom.
    **IMPORTANT ADVISE: Sometines TWRP have issues installing .zip and you might get Error 7. If this happens, please reinstall the ROM. In the second try, TWRP will install without problem. If you still having the issue, download the ROM again (sometimes servers download a corrupt .zip file...).
    **IMPORTANT ADVISE 2: On first boot, you will get one bootloop, THAT'S NORMAL, this is caused by ROOT installation. Please, do not interrupt process and look how your device turns ON in 10-15 minutes. Next time you reboot or Power on your device, it will turn ON like always :p.
    Reboot system and wait 10 minutes until your device loads the system (only first time)
    Configure your Google Account and Mi Cloud like always :D
    Enjoy.

Download Center

7.3.23 Epic Build out!

Download: EpicROM_7.3.23_Multilanguage_RedmiNote4_coolmihir.zip

Current Status: Tested and should be stable, install at your own risk!

If already using Epic ROM

Go to Settings > OTA & Mods. OTA is now available.
    Download and flash it via the recovery. After flashing, just wipe the dalvik cache. The update will not format your phone and you will not,lose any app data. Don't worry :)

PLEASE, SUPPORT THIS PROJECT DONATING TO SOME NGO WHO ARE HELPING NOW SOME COUNTRIES ON AFRICA TO GET WATER OR FOOD AND MEDICINES... WE DON'T WANT ANY MONEY FOR THIS, BUT YOU CAN HELP A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH A LITTLE DONATION...

My Exams are going on so i don't get much time to create. There might be or not be updates in the future. So please be patient.

Thanks to:

Xiaomi (and Xiaomi official developers for bring to us this amazing OS)
    Google
    Xiaomi Eu Team
    MultiROM Team
    Epic Team Members @JamFlux, @pocarropa, ByAdvesary, Albertkuba, @xxxlol456789xXx, @coolmihir, @mrtomatico (MrRaines))
    All MIUI DEVICE TEAM
    All Admins/Mods/SMods from En.MIUI
    HTCManía (Spanish Forum)
    The battery life is poor on this rom.
    Great. I will try.

Tapatalk - Redmi Note 4 MKT
    Screenshot_2017-04-01-11-23-46-590_com.android.settings.png

How do you get titanium backup to restore anything on this ROM? I really am starting to dislike marshmallow.