FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Flash modem error in MiFlash tool?

180 posts
Thanks Meter: 56

By mayank06199, Senior Member on 16th October 2017, 11:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a RN4 on Global Stable ROM 8.5.8.0 NCMFIED.. I want to switch to global beta so I tried using fastboot method.. But I get flash modem error in MiFlash tool.. Any solutions??
It seems that something is wrong with the fastboot syntax(from log).. MiFlash log attached....
Attached Files
File Type: txt [email protected] - [Click for QR Code] (5.9 KB, 978 views)

17th October 2017, 06:21 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Solved it.. Turns out the flash_all.bat script is not built to handle path with white spaces in them as it does not use quotation marks(" ") for path.. For eg.. you cannot extract the downloaded fastboot ROM to C:\New Folder\xyz due to white space... To resolve this just place the downloaded ROM in a path with no white space..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mayank06199 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mayank06199 Ad-Free
15th December 2017, 11:43 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I wish you could have written this in plain English, I do not understand what you mean by white space. and i am having this same problem
27th January 2018, 07:09 PM |#4  

More
fixed solution
copy the fastboot flash file in local disk c directly and then flash problem solved, also rename the flash file in short name like mido only
dont put fast boot flash file in desktop or anywhere else put only in 1st page of local disk c (system disk)
11th September 2018, 12:44 PM |#5  

More
thx very much , its work
5th October 2018, 04:39 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Didn't worked
I tried exactly you said . But the same error comes again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bk201___ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bk201___ Ad-Free
27th November 2018, 07:09 AM |#7  

More
unlock the bootloader and try again....
unlock the boot in miui and try again it will flash
The Following User Says Thank You to daussk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daussk Ad-Free
27th November 2018, 10:28 AM |#8  

More
Unlocked
It is already unlocked by the seller
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flash, modem

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)