[Resolved] MI Unlock Tool cannot detect phone

Search This thread

ojol Cipinang

Jul 26, 2018
I followed all the steps as you mentioned but still mi unlock tool cannot detect my phone.
My laptop windows 7 ultimate 64x.
If connected the phone to laptop is blinked like as cmd.
If my laptop upgrade to win 10 its normal, mi unlock connected.

Adham ahmed

Nov 23, 2018
thanks for your effort. unfortunately, I have done all the steps successfully but yet the problem exit and i get tired of this.

xtermi2

Aug 19, 2009
I also tried all mentioned things in this thread but nothing worked. My phone (Mi Mix 2S) gets always disconnected and I see "press any key to shutdown" on my phone.
When I try
"fastboot devices"
I get
"5b2fefa7 fastboot"
when executing "fastboot devices" again I get
"???????????? fastboot"
and my phone gets disconnected and I see the message on the phone "press any key to shutdown"
I also noticed that the unlock tools starts a lot of fastboot.exe processes, which stay after closing the unlock tool and I have to kill them manually otherwise the phone gets disconnected immediately after connecting.

I tried it on 2 different Win10 PCs
On Linux the same thing:
connecting in fastboot mode:
[ 616.653076] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 7 using xhci_hcd
[ 616.802950] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=18d1, idProduct=d00d, bcdDevice= 1.00
[ 616.802955] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 616.802958] usb 1-1: Product: Android
[ 616.802960] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Google
[ 616.802962] usb 1-1: SerialNumber: 5b2fefa7
fastboot devices
5b2fefa7 fastboot
fastboot devices
no output ... device gets disconnected:
[ 733.218115] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 7

.... I don't know what to do. Looks like a issue with fastboot at the device.

Last edited:

xtermi2

Aug 19, 2009
[Resolved]

I also tried all mentioned things in this thread but nothing worked. My phone (Mi Mix 2S) gets always disconnected and I see "press any key to shutdown" on my phone.
When I try
"fastboot devices"
I get
"5b2fefa7 fastboot"
when executing "fastboot devices" again I get
"???????????? fastboot"
and my phone gets disconnected and I see the message on the phone "press any key to shutdown"
I also noticed that the unlock tools starts a lot of fastboot.exe processes, which stay after closing the unlock tool and I have to kill them manually otherwise the phone gets disconnected immediately after connecting.

I tried it on 2 different Win10 PCs
On Linux the same thing:
connecting in fastboot mode:
[ 616.653076] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 7 using xhci_hcd
[ 616.802950] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=18d1, idProduct=d00d, bcdDevice= 1.00
[ 616.802955] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 616.802958] usb 1-1: Product: Android
[ 616.802960] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Google
[ 616.802962] usb 1-1: SerialNumber: 5b2fefa7
fastboot devices
5b2fefa7 fastboot
fastboot devices
no output ... device gets disconnected:
[ 733.218115] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 7

.... I don't know what to do. Looks like a issue with fastboot at the device.

I resolved this by doing a factory reset, again:
- first: I've done a factory reset via MIUI
- second: I've done another factory reset via stock recovery (vol up + power)
Then the phone had a stable fastboot connection (was not disconnecting) and finally I've done the unlock :D

juancarlosoneal

Feb 11, 2020
I resolved this by doing a factory reset, again:
- first: I've done a factory reset via MIUI
- second: I've done another factory reset via stock recovery (vol up + power)
Then the phone had a stable fastboot connection (was not disconnecting) and finally I've done the unlock :D

Have tried the same with no results. If you have any tip, be sure to share

Nabukodonosor

Account currently disabled
Nov 19, 2009
GB
meettomy.site
For those who can't unlock because their device isn't connected...you have to turn off your device and fire up fastboot. You can't do it while your phone is ON.

sakets543

Jun 20, 2018
I finally went past this step. Here's my short guide to resolve the issue:
Note: I'm using Mi Unlock tool version 2.3.803.10 on Windows 10 x64 build 15063. This is the tool's latest version as of 28 August, 2017.

1. Extract the zipped archive of MI Unlock tool to a new folder in the root of your system drive, like C:\any_folder. I extracted it to C:\unlock, making the path of the tool's executable: "C:\unlock\miflash_unlock.exe".

2. Run MiUsbDriver.exe from the folder as administrator and, even if it already says "Driver installed", click "Install" to make sure. Click "Retesting" to see if it says the same. Close the program.

3. Put your device into fastboot mode (make sure to turn on USB debugging and OEM unlocking in the developer options), and connect it through USB 2.0 port. (I don't know if 2.0/3.0 makes a difference but if you have 2.0 available, use it).

4. Go to device manager. Expand "Android Phone", right click "Android Bootloader Interface" and click properties. Click on "Driver" tab. See if the driver provider is "Xiaomi Technology, Inc.", driver date is "11/3/2016", and driver version is "16.0.0.0".

If it's not then:
(a) Close the properties window.
(b) Right click android bootloader interface and click "Update driver".
(c) Click "Browse my computer for driver..." -> "Let me pick from a list ...".
(d) Uncheck "Show compatible hardware".
(e) Select "Xiaomi Technology, Inc." from the left side and "Android Bootloader Interface" from the right and click next.

After it's installed, check the properties -> driver tab of "Android Bootloader Interface" to make sure driver provider, date and version is what I mentioned above.

5. Go to unlock tool folder. Go to driver\win10 folder, right click android_winusb.inf and click install. You'll get operation completed successfully message.

6. Go back to unlock folder and run the tool as administrator. Now before clicking agree, click on the settings gear on the top right corner. Here, MI Usb Driver should say "Already installed". If it doesn't, it won't work. In that case, you can check/re-do steps 1-5 to see if it helps. No idea beyond that.

7. Now you're good to go. Click agree, sign in and voila, your phone shall be connected, ready to unlock.

Thanks.

Bro when i am installing android_winusb.inf its asking to restart the pc and after restart also mi unlock couldnt detect my device poco f1.
please tell me a solution.

MuhtasimZarif

Jul 18, 2014
Thanks a ton.

My Oh My. At least the phone is connected. I would thank you in person if possible. Your guide solves it.
The weird thing is, the latest version of the Unlock tool does not work. while the old version is detecting.
Don't know why, but that the world we are living in.
Once again, Thanks mate. :good:

mrsim

Mar 10, 2014
london
www.china-devices.com
hello the thread,am attempting to unlock the device from the previous owners Mi account,(it is not stolen and was purchased legitimately on facebook marketplace here in the UK),and following all tutorials about connecting to the Mi unlock tool via recovery the device refuses to connect in recovery mode it will connect in fastboot mode and the device registers in minimal ADB/fastboot after typing 'fastboot devices' but i cannot seem to remove/bypass the original owners Mi account,it is a original Mix mix 256gb and i purchased it from a friend who purchased it from the original owner on the marketplace,it has been purchased to give to my girlfriends boy for passing his GCSE's here in the UK,do i know if it has USB debugging enabled...no but again it was recognised in fastboot mode,drivers are installed correctly win 10,connected via USB 2,even Mi PC suite can recognise the device but unfortunately will not allow access unless the original user signs in,does anyone here know how i can accomplish this have tried numerous ideas on youtube and google and they always point back to the Mi unlock tool and recovery mode,currently running the latest version 4.5.514.47 the device is also on miui 11

any help would be very much appreciated

P.S. have attempted to contact the original owner on email and facebook but he is refusing to reply so far

UPDATE: so i have managed to get in touch with the original owner but the issue still persists,his Mi account details and the ones on the device are completely different and he purchased the device now...am stumpped

Last edited:

mrsim

Mar 10, 2014
london
www.china-devices.com
I don't have any idea if this work, but maybe if you completely reflash the firmware you can bypass the Mi account. In fastboot mode you can try to "adb reboot edl" "fastboot oem edl". If that reboots to EDL you can try to miflash the firmware. After that you can try MiUnlock. Although I don't guarantee this works.

yeah i spoke to the guy who originally had the device and he did not have usb debugging enabled so i don't think it's wise to attempt unless you can flash the original firmware via EDL mode,am not sure if you can even access EDL mode without usb debugging enabled first

Last edited:

Vishwas_shaji

Jan 5, 2020
Note: I'm using Mi Unlock tool version 2.3.803.10 on Windows 10 x64 build 15063. This is the tool's latest version as of 28 August, 2017.

1. Extract the zipped archive of MI Unlock tool to a new folder in the root of your system drive, like C:\any_folder. I extracted it to C:\unlock, making the path of the tool's executable: "C:\unlock\miflash_unlock.exe".

2. Run MiUsbDriver.exe from the folder as administrator and, even if it already says "Driver installed", click "Install" to make sure. Click "Retesting" to see if it says the same. Close the program.

3. Put your device into fastboot mode (make sure to turn on USB debugging and OEM unlocking in the developer options), and connect it through USB 2.0 port. (I don't know if 2.0/3.0 makes a difference but if you have 2.0 available, use it).

4. Go to device manager. Expand "Android Phone", right click "Android Bootloader Interface" and click properties. Click on "Driver" tab. See if the driver provider is "Xiaomi Technology, Inc.", driver date is "11/3/2016", and driver version is "16.0.0.0".

If it's not then:
(e) Select "Xiaomi Technology, Inc." from the left side and "Android Bootloader Interface" from the right and click next.

After it's installed, check the properties -> driver tab of "Android Bootloader Interface" to make sure driver provider, date and version is what I mentioned above.

5. Go to unlock tool folder. Go to driver\win10 folder, right click android_winusb.inf and click install. You'll get operation completed successfully message.

6. Go back to unlock folder and run the tool as administrator. Now before clicking agree, click on the settings gear on the top right corner. Here, MI Usb Driver should say "Already installed". If it doesn't, it won't work. In that case, you can check/re-do steps 1-5 to see if it helps. No idea beyond that.

7. Now you're good to go. Click agree, sign in and voila, your phone shall be connected, ready to unlock.

Thanks.
i still need help

Sufiyan_shaik

Dec 29, 2020

If it's not then:

Thanks.
Yeah I finally get the solution. I just made an account for thanking you but I have an issue.
When the unlock process will start it will stuck at 50% and shows couldn't verify this device please help me😕

Last edited:

Suptim Borhan Uddim

Dec 26, 2015
I followed all the steps as you mentioned but still mi unlock tool cannot detect my phone.
My laptop windows 7 ultimate 64x.
If connected the phone to laptop is blinked like as cmd.
If my laptop upgrade to win 10 its normal, mi unlock connected.
did you fix that problem
same issue i need help
mi flash tool detected also cmd fastboot device work but mi unlock tool cannot detect blinked like as cmd

Britch3s

Sep 10, 2016
Grayson
Hard to believe a brand new mi 11 is having this problem. Have yet to try your fix in post 17, but am about to. Considering I had NO ISSUES doing this with my two poco f2 pro devices. I don't understand what the issue is at all. Then again I did remove all the xiaomi stuff once I had gotten twrp installed on the poco f2 I used.

Will update if method still works or not. Thanks in advance.

Sick_Rick

Oct 18, 2018
Holland
Hard to believe a brand new mi 11 is having this problem. Have yet to try your fix in post 17, but am about to. Considering I had NO ISSUES doing this with my two poco f2 pro devices. I don't understand what the issue is at all. Then again I did remove all the xiaomi stuff once I had gotten twrp installed on the poco f2 I used.

Will update if method still works or not. Thanks in advance.
I got lost week also a new mi 11 and was little afraid to have to jump is the same problem again as with my poco f1 2 years ago. But in the beginning it was not working again with the drivers.. but had the phone connected with usb-c cable to a usb-c input on the laptop. When i put the original cable that is usb-c to usb type a it worked directly and i was having no problems at all anymore. So watch out what kind of cable you use it needs to be connected to a usb type A port on your computer otherwise it not works.

Britch3s

Sep 10, 2016
Grayson
I got lost week also a new mi 11 and was little afraid to have to jump is the same problem again as with my poco f1 2 years ago. But in the beginning it was not working again with the drivers.. but had the phone connected with usb-c cable to a usb-c input on the laptop. When i put the original cable that is usb-c to usb type a it worked directly and i was having no problems at all anymore. So watch out what kind of cable you use it needs to be connected to a usb type A port on your computer otherwise it not works.
my mi 11 didnt come with a box or cable. so im using the cable that came with my poco f2 pro and the charger it has, but anyhow, i finally got my issue solved, this method didnt work out for me.

https://c.mi.com/thread-3221402-1-0.html is where i finally got thru to be able to allow unlocking in a weeks time. at least then ill be able to keep the dang keyboard i select from swapping to something in the CN language or whatever it is lol let alone all the apps i add to my home screen disappear once i restart the device....? i dont understand why the CN based rom is so different, if one needs an app you manually must go to google play to do so, otherwise itll use the game app or mi app store or whatever it is (cant read ANYTHING INSIDE it or search either) anyhow, i ran the batch file, it still didnt detect in fast boot mode, but it did allow MTP and other usb debug options, i then went into dev manager and manually installed adb bootloader drivers which are already present i assume since im unsure what all drivers ive actually downloaded. anyhow hopefully the others above understand me and the directions im barely giving as my fingers are worn out.

good luck! oh, i just tried usb-c to usb-c it works actually on my pc. as well as the usb-c to type A cable works too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If it's not then:

Thanks.
    Did you enable usb debugging in developer options?

No you didn't;)

Yes I did :rolleyes: Enabled both OEM unlocking and USB debugging. For a person to unlock phone / flash ROM, expect him to at least know this.
    ISSUE RESOLVED. See post #17 for solution.

Hi, I have a Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm variant with MIUI Global 8.5 | Stable 8.5.4.0 (NCFMIED) ROM. I want to unlock the bootloader but MI Unlock Tool (v2.3.803.10) cannot recognize the phone in fastboot mode. I've gotten the permission to unlock.
    I've tried v2.2 of the tool and encountered same problem. Tried multiple drivers, plugging phone in/out. Running "fastboot devices" command shows the device is connected. Tried installing Mi Driver that came with the tool but its setup says it's installed while the unlock tool says it isn't.
    Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Note: I'm running Win 10 x64 Creator's Update (15063).
    Oh THANK GOD, I finally went past this step. Thank heavens jeez. So here's my short guide that tells what I did to resolve this problem.
    Note: I have Mi Unlock tool version 2.3.803.10 (latest as of now). I'm on Windows 10 x64 build 15063.

1. Extract the zipped archive of MI Unlock tool to the root of your system drive, like C:\any_folder. I extracted it to C:\unlock, so the path of the tool's executable became "C:\unlock\miflash_unlock.exe"

2. Run MiUsbDriver.exe from the folder with as administrator and click "Install". Make sure it says "Driver installed" after that. If it already says that, hit install again just to make sure. Click "Retesting" to see if it remains the same. Close the program after.

IF it's not, then close the properties window, right click android bootloader interface and click "Update driver". Click "Browse my computer for driver..." then "Let me pick from a list ...". Uncheck "Show compatible hardware", click "Xiaomi Technology, Inc." from the left side, then "Android Bootloader Interface" from the right and click next. After it's installed, check the properties to make sure it says what I mentioned above.

6. Go back to unlock folder and run the tool as administrator. Now before clicking agree, click on the settings gear on the top right corner. Make sure MI Usb Driver says "Already installed". This is really important. Otherwise IT WON'T WORK. If it doesn't say that check previous steps and make sure your didn't miss any. Beyond that I have no idea.

Thanks.

You are a LIFESAVER... Having spent more than 12 hours searching the internet..... Thanks again.
    Hi guys, I have Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm Global variant with MIUI Global 8.5 | Stable 8.5.4.0 (NCFMIED). I want to unlock the bootloader but MI Unlock Tool (v2.3.803.10) cannot recognize the phone (connected in fastboot mode). I have gotten the permission to unlock. I'm running Win 10 x64 Creator's Update build 15063.
    I've tried v2.2 of the tool and encountered same problem. Tried multiple drivers, plugging phone in/out. Running "fastboot devices" command shows the device is connected. Tried installing Mi Driver that come with the tool, its setup says it's installed but the unlock tool says it isn't. Really confused right now. :(
    Any suggestion appreciated.

Did you enable usb debugging in developer options?

No you didn't;)