Standby battery drain so fast

Search This thread

hoangkhanh242

Sep 23, 2016
Hi, Im from Viet Nam, my redmi note 4 has problem with stanby battery, it drains so fast, maybe 15-16% in 6h, I found that my rmn4 has problem wih phone signal, if i turn on airplane mode, it doesn't drain that, other user in VN have the same problem too, can anyone helps me fix that? Thank you so much, sorry for my bad english

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Hi, Im from Viet Nam, my redmi note 4 has problem with stanby battery, it drains so fast, maybe 15-16% in 6h, I found that my rmn4 has problem wih phone signal, if i turn on airplane mode, it doesn't drain that, other user in VN have the same problem too, can anyone helps me fix that? Thank you so much, sorry for my bad english
Did you ever figure out what was causing the battery drain? Has it improved any?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
It's phone signal, sometime it take 75 percent of hardware, i dont know how to fix it
What about switching to 2g/3g only in mobile network settings? Do you have 4G where you live? My network provider doesn't offer 4G at the moment and so it's the first thing I switch off when I get a new phone as there's no point having the mobile radio searching for a 4G connection when there isn't one available.

hoangkhanh242

Sep 23, 2016
Tried

What about switching to 2g/3g only in mobile network settings? Do you have 4G where you live? My network provider doesn't offer 4G at the moment and so it's the first thing I switch off when I get a new phone as there's no point having the mobile radio searching for a 4G connection when there isn't one available.

I tried already, i switch to 3g, but it has no effect, firstly i think it because china rom, but global rom has the same error, even multi and EU rom has that error, cant understand

beagle87

Apr 26, 2011
Redmi Note 4 has a software bug which prevents CPU going to deep sleep. This is easily observed via CPU Spy or some other similar tool.

There are couple of ways to solve it, but the easiest one is just to swap your SIM card to one that supports LTE (4G). You don't have to use 4G networks, you just need new SIM card and CPU will go to deep sleep.

If this is not option for you, this is permanent solution (requires root):
http: // en .miui. com/thread-386101-1-1.html

Also there is temporary fix (which works until phone is restarted), but I just can't find it anymore :(
Try googling turn on "lte ram dump deep sleep" or something like that. There is step-by-step manual how to enable deep sleep from hidden service menu.

Reactions: Shockshot135

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Redmi Note 4 has a software bug which prevents CPU going to deep sleep. This is easily observed via CPU Spy or some other similar tool.

There are couple of ways to solve it, but the easiest one is just to swap your SIM card to one that supports LTE (4G). You don't have to use 4G networks, you just need new SIM card and CPU will go to deep sleep.

Also there is temporary fix (which works until phone is restarted), but I just can't find it anymore :(
Try googling turn on "lte ram dump deep sleep" or something like that. There is step-by-step manual how to enable deep sleep from hidden service menu.
Thanks, I was looking at the root option and the fix you can flash in twrp. I have a 4G sim (I think), my network is an mvno and only launched 4g a couple of weeks back. My sim is a new one I got back July but I wonder if it would be worth requesting a replacement that now might actually be 4g capable. I don't have a 4g data plan and won't be adding one for a while but maybe just having a new 4g sim would help.

I'm in the UK and I previously had a chinese phone and used an app to change the network mode to GSM/CDMA (I think), as I think it was set to wcdma like the RN4. I can access the same settings on the RN4 by tapping on the internal storage amount under about phone in settings and the options are there,but when you change it,it isn't saved and reverts to the default.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

beagle87

Apr 26, 2011
Thanks, I was looking at the root option and the fix you can flash in twrp. I have a 4G sim (I think), my network is an mvno and only launched 4g a couple of weeks back. My sim is a new one I got back July but I wonder if it would be worth requesting a replacement that now might actually be 4g capable. I don't have a 4g data plan and won't be adding one for a while but maybe just having a new 4g sim would help.

It will help. I had same issue with Redmi Note 4 and 4G card did the trick. I use 2G/EDGE networks on a daily basis, as it preserves battery life even more.

Reactions: gsmyth

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
It will help. I had same issue with Redmi Note 4 and 4G card did the trick. I use 2G/EDGE networks on a daily basis, as it preserves battery life even more.
OK so I flashed the fix from the MIUI forum and the phone is deep sleeping now! The estimated battery time left has changed from ~16hrs remaining to 6 days!! I'll report back how the battery life holds up from this charge,its morning here now and it charged fully nearly 7 hours ago.

Reactions: naren12 and ramping

ramping

Sep 5, 2012
OK so I flashed the fix from the MIUI forum and the phone is deep sleeping now! The estimated battery time left has changed from ~16hrs remaining to 6 days!! I'll report back how the battery life holds up from this charge,its morning here now and it charged fully nearly 7 hours ago.

Great news. Is it possible for you to share that fix?

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Yes it's this one, there's two zips to flash in twrp or you can do it manually with root explorer if you have it:

http://en.miui.com/thread-386101-1-1.html

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Here's a screen shot of current battery cycle, still 31â„… left. [emoji1]
2b9966ffe17931adfe16ed7417a09144.jpg

Reactions: ramping

airduke

Dec 31, 2016

......................................................................................................

hi mate,

as you have told you have flashed the device, can you please tell me which rom version you have installed?
i am new in xioami note 4 with android system, so cannot figure it out how to stop draining the battery so fast.
without using net or gaming it stays max 16 hours.

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
......................................................................................................

hi mate,

as you have told you have flashed the device, can you please tell me which rom version you have installed?
i am new in xioami note 4 with android system, so cannot figure it out how to stop draining the battery so fast.
without using net or gaming it stays max 16 hours.

I am currently on the china beta/dev rom (not the latest version) and flashed the fix from the below link which helped standby battery drain. But the fix is compatible with the global/china/eu rom i think.

Wilderone

Nov 28, 2016
Adelaide
So do you think you guys are having the problem from the 3G or something else?

I flashed Xiaomi.eu Stable V8.1.3.0 when I got this device then the Weekly about a week later.

You guys seem to be getting a fair bit worse than me but imo SOT can be a bit relative depending on what you do when the screen is actually on.

Here's mine:
c14ec34cc1951ef00c36b2fe9f61b03c.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-01-10-45-04-753_com.gsamlabs.bbm.png
    178 bytes · Views: 284
Last edited:

Supermatt01

Nov 20, 2010
Surabaya
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I'm having flaky battery issues myself, but I'm already using a 4G card. What ROM has performance and no battery failure? So far I find myself wishing I had not bought Xioami again... Are the Chinese ROMs more stable?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes it's this one, there's two zips to flash in twrp or you can do it manually with root explorer if you have it:

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Here's a screen shot of current battery cycle, still 31â„… left. [emoji1]
    2b9966ffe17931adfe16ed7417a09144.jpg

I'm having flaky battery issues myself, but I'm already using a 4G card. What ROM has performance and no battery failure? So far I find myself wishing I had not bought Xioami again... Are the Chinese ROMs more stable?
    What ROM are you using currently? I've switched to the xiaomi.eu weekly ROM and found it a lot better in terms of battery. Performance is fine as well, check out my other post at the below link.

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=71802482