FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby battery drain so fast

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By hoangkhanh242, Junior Member on 23rd September 2016, 07:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, Im from Viet Nam, my redmi note 4 has problem with stanby battery, it drains so fast, maybe 15-16% in 6h, I found that my rmn4 has problem wih phone signal, if i turn on airplane mode, it doesn't drain that, other user in VN have the same problem too, can anyone helps me fix that? Thank you so much, sorry for my bad english
4th October 2016, 08:32 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 765

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangkhanh242

Hi, Im from Viet Nam, my redmi note 4 has problem with stanby battery, it drains so fast, maybe 15-16% in 6h, I found that my rmn4 has problem wih phone signal, if i turn on airplane mode, it doesn't drain that, other user in VN have the same problem too, can anyone helps me fix that? Thank you so much, sorry for my bad english

Did you ever figure out what was causing the battery drain? Has it improved any?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
4th October 2016, 08:36 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Phone signal
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth

Did you ever figure out what was causing the battery drain? Has it improved any?

It's phone signal, sometime it take 75 percent of hardware, i dont know how to fix it
4th October 2016, 08:43 PM |#4  

More
Quote:

It's phone signal, sometime it take 75 percent of hardware, i dont know how to fix it

What about switching to 2g/3g only in mobile network settings? Do you have 4G where you live? My network provider doesn't offer 4G at the moment and so it's the first thing I switch off when I get a new phone as there's no point having the mobile radio searching for a 4G connection when there isn't one available.

4th October 2016, 08:47 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Tried
Quote:

What about switching to 2g/3g only in mobile network settings? Do you have 4G where you live? My network provider doesn't offer 4G at the moment and so it's the first thing I switch off when I get a new phone as there's no point having the mobile radio searching for a 4G connection when there isn't one available.

I tried already, i switch to 3g, but it has no effect, firstly i think it because china rom, but global rom has the same error, even multi and EU rom has that error, cant understand
4th October 2016, 08:49 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
And I found out that my phone doesn't have deep sleep state, whatever rom I use
7th October 2016, 08:06 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

And I found out that my phone doesn't have deep sleep state, whatever rom I use

Do you keep WiFi on all the time?
Did you ever install a fresh rom in case there was any preinstalled malware?

4th December 2016, 07:36 PM |#8  

More
Redmi Note 4 has a software bug which prevents CPU going to deep sleep. This is easily observed via CPU Spy or some other similar tool.

There are couple of ways to solve it, but the easiest one is just to swap your SIM card to one that supports LTE (4G). You don't have to use 4G networks, you just need new SIM card and CPU will go to deep sleep.

If this is not option for you, this is permanent solution (requires root):
http: // en .miui. com/thread-386101-1-1.html

Also there is temporary fix (which works until phone is restarted), but I just can't find it anymore
Try googling turn on "lte ram dump deep sleep" or something like that. There is step-by-step manual how to enable deep sleep from hidden service menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to beagle87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beagle87 Ad-Free
4th December 2016, 08:34 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle87

Redmi Note 4 has a software bug which prevents CPU going to deep sleep. This is easily observed via CPU Spy or some other similar tool.

There are couple of ways to solve it, but the easiest one is just to swap your SIM card to one that supports LTE (4G). You don't have to use 4G networks, you just need new SIM card and CPU will go to deep sleep.

If this is not option for you, this is permanent solution (requires root):
http: // en .miui. com/thread-386101-1-1.html

Also there is temporary fix (which works until phone is restarted), but I just can't find it anymore
Try googling turn on "lte ram dump deep sleep" or something like that. There is step-by-step manual how to enable deep sleep from hidden service menu.

Thanks, I was looking at the root option and the fix you can flash in twrp. I have a 4G sim (I think), my network is an mvno and only launched 4g a couple of weeks back. My sim is a new one I got back July but I wonder if it would be worth requesting a replacement that now might actually be 4g capable. I don't have a 4g data plan and won't be adding one for a while but maybe just having a new 4g sim would help.

I'm in the UK and I previously had a chinese phone and used an app to change the network mode to GSM/CDMA (I think), as I think it was set to wcdma like the RN4. I can access the same settings on the RN4 by tapping on the internal storage amount under about phone in settings and the options are there,but when you change it,it isn't saved and reverts to the default.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
4th December 2016, 09:46 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Thanks, I was looking at the root option and the fix you can flash in twrp. I have a 4G sim (I think), my network is an mvno and only launched 4g a couple of weeks back. My sim is a new one I got back July but I wonder if it would be worth requesting a replacement that now might actually be 4g capable. I don't have a 4g data plan and won't be adding one for a while but maybe just having a new 4g sim would help.

It will help. I had same issue with Redmi Note 4 and 4G card did the trick. I use 2G/EDGE networks on a daily basis, as it preserves battery life even more.
The Following User Says Thank You to beagle87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beagle87 Ad-Free
5th December 2016, 08:45 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle87

It will help. I had same issue with Redmi Note 4 and 4G card did the trick. I use 2G/EDGE networks on a daily basis, as it preserves battery life even more.

OK so I flashed the fix from the MIUI forum and the phone is deep sleeping now! The estimated battery time left has changed from ~16hrs remaining to 6 days!! I'll report back how the battery life holds up from this charge,its morning here now and it charged fully nearly 7 hours ago.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gsmyth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gsmyth Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)