Kernel Sources have been released for our mido!

Search This thread
N

notauseranymore

As much as I am happy with this, please post the thread in the relevant section. Also don't forget to thank Xiaomi.

ForgottenDude

Jan 22, 2016
Mumbai
As much as I am happy with this, please post the thread in the relevant section. Also don't forget to thank Xiaomi.

I decided to post this here because I figured this is the section people who use Custom ROMs and stuff visit.

Also, thank Xiaomi? For doing what they're supposed to do? Five months late at that?

N

notauseranymore

I decided to post this here because I figured this is the section people who use Custom ROMs and stuff visit.

Also, thank Xiaomi? For doing what they're supposed to do? Five months late at that?

This falls under news, so it should be there.
And, it's called manners. No matter how late or how long, they released it and that's what matters. Keep showing contempt at everything that happens just makes the person worse.

ForgottenDude

Jan 22, 2016
Mumbai
This falls under news, so it should be there.
And, it's called manners. No matter how late or how long, they released it and that's what matters. Keep showing contempt at everything that happens just makes the person worse.

If I don't thank someone for doing what they're supposed to do, and if it makes me look like a bad person, then so be it. Do you thank OEMs for making phones, too? You're making me out to be like this guy.

My previous phone was LG G Flex 2, it's powerful phone with Snapdragon 810.. over 2 years old, and LG has still not released sources and not unlocked bootloader.

Trust me, Xiaomi is not as bad as you think.

This? https://github.com/lg-devs/android_kernel_lge_msm8994

Anyway, just because some OEM didn't release kernel sources doesn't make it right. Both are at fault here - LG and Xiaomi. Forgiving Xiaomi because other OEMs haven't done it either will make it the norm.

N

notauseranymore

If I don't thank someone for doing what they're supposed to do, and if it makes me look like a bad person, then so be it. Do you thank OEMs for making phones, too? You're making me out to be like this guy.

That guy is another story. I do thank OEMs for some of their choices, just some.
Also, I look at it in this way:

If I return something I am overdue with, which reaction would I prefer from the lender?
A: Thanks man, try not to take too long again next time yea?
B: Well it's about time, don't do that again next time yea?

I'd feel better with the response from A. But I understand there are cultural differences that makes people think B is also a very reasonable choice, so I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything negative with respect to that.

ForgottenDude

Jan 22, 2016
Mumbai
That guy is another story. I do thank OEMs for some of their choices, just some.

Well I do thank OEMs for continuing with the 3.5 mm jack, because some OEMs think it makes sense to remove it. :confused:

Also, I look at it in this way:

If I return something I am overdue with, which reaction would I prefer from the lender?
A: Thanks man, try not to take too long again next time yea?
B: Well it's about time, don't do that again next time yea?

I'd feel better with the response from A. But I understand there are cultural differences that makes people think B is also a very reasonable choice, so I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything negative with respect to that.

Well, if you put it that way... you're right. But then again, you're not an OEM who makes millions of bucks off the thing you're overdue with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, I'll edit the OP.

Reactions: 1emrys1

abhipanthi

Oct 19, 2014
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3

Yep.. You posted in good place bcoz this is the most browsed area.. I visit usually 3-4 times a day, so I can assume thousands of people will see it here rather than in Question and Answer area or Guides area.

N

notauseranymore

Unfortunately no :( Quickcharge is a feature that can only work if the phones hardware has that capability. In the RedMi Note 4 that isn't present. So flashing a custom ROM won't provide you with that feature either. Click "Thanks" if I helped :)
~RabbitWingz

The Note 4 has a Snapdragon 625 CPU which supports QC 2.0. Xiaomi just didn't add the drivers that enables it.

Top Liked Posts