FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][FEEDBACK] Arnova8G2's Google Camera Port

918 posts
Thanks Meter: 778
 
By azazello22, Senior Member on 6th January 2018, 11:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread has been created to provide RN4 feedback to @Arnova8G2 regarding his port of the Google Camera app.
  • Describe your experience (mostly what doesn't work as expected)
  • Provide logcats (the dev does not have your phone, so logs are needed if you want him to fix stuff)
  • Mention @Arnova8G2 when you post your feedback
ALL FEEDBACK PROVIDED IN OTHER THREADS OR WITHOUT LOGS WILL BE IGNORED


Latest update:
v1.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnova8G2

2017/01/04 – GCMod5 based on Mod By B-S-G

  • Add toggle for portrait mode or Lens Blur
  • AutoFocus enhancement and faster
  • Support level override back in ZSl, front in ZSL_REPROCESSING and Level_3 for OP3/OP3t, MI5,Mi5s
  • Black screen fix test
  • Add 4K for devices that do not have it

GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.4.apk
** Please mention me in the thread of your device with a logcat or screenshots.

Previous versions:
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to azazello22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift azazello22 Ad-Free
 
 
6th January 2018, 12:42 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 548
 
More
The 1.4 build can't take a photo in portrait mode using the front Camera, the 1.4beta2 build can. On 1.4, it simply doesn't save anything.

Also when accessing the video camera in the 1.4 & 1.4beta2 the camera crashes

Log of crash for video access.

java.lang.SecurityException: Signature check failed for com.google.android.GCMods5
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1683)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1636)
at hlh.a(Unknown Source)
at hsy.a(Unknown Source)
at htc.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.cal l(Executors.java:428)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:237)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker( ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1133)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:607)
at hpt.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:760)

Btw: i am on Miui 9 Global rom 8.1.4 - Android 7.0, December 5, 2017 Security patch Level and my Device has a Samsung sensor
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to p3dboard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p3dboard Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 01:36 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Полтава
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Photos are pink on omnivision sensor, toggle fix not working
The Following User Says Thank You to bgkone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bgkone Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 01:56 PM |#4  
anooj21m's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thane
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3dboard

The 1.4 build can't take a photo in portrait mode using the front Camera, the 1.4beta2 build can. On 1.4, it simply doesn't save anything.

Also when accessing the video camera in the 1.4 & 1.4beta2 the camera crashes

Log of crash for video access.

java.lang.SecurityException: Signature check failed for com.google.android.GCMods5
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1683)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1636)
at hlh.a(Unknown Source)
at hsy.a(Unknown Source)
at htc.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.cal l(Executors.java:428)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:237)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker( ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1133)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:607)
at hpt.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:760)

can you send the link for beta builds? please
6th January 2018, 02:01 PM |#5  
slasherzx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zamboanga City
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
1.4 version doesn't really work. I'm still on his 1.3 version in which portrait mode works both on front and rear cam. However the HDR photo on front cam is way worse compared to MCG.

I'm on nougat los 14.1
6th January 2018, 05:34 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anyone try in latest dev.china 8.1.4?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk
6th January 2018, 07:02 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 452
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen7er

Anyone try in latest dev.china 8.1.4?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

Works but video crashes app.

There are report that video works on Oreo ROMs. Can anyone confirm. This'll help arnova debug
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hurt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dr. Hurt Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 07:55 PM |#8  
EmperorEye's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 379
 
More
Best Setting as of now and I Love it 😍
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_GCMod5_20180107-035435.png
Views:	7582
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	4381648  
The Following User Says Thank You to EmperorEye For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EmperorEye Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 08:41 PM |#9  
Shivver's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag WrocΕ‚aw
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
In my case the worst thing is that the camera is crashing randomly quite often, plus video recording doesn't work. I'm on LOS14.1, any solution for this?
6th January 2018, 09:00 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Sialkot
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt

Works but video crashes app.

There are report that video works on Oreo ROMs. Can anyone confirm. This'll help arnova debug

Yes, I'm using GCMod5 on Pixel Experience ROM (Android 8.1) and both photo and video mode work fine for me. Portrait Mode also works well, only issue I've is that the Captured Image from Front Cam is mirrored.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hamzaalijoiyah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamzaalijoiyah Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 09:21 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 548
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anooj21m

can you send the link for beta builds? please

The 1.4Beta 2 can be downloaded from https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...google-camera/
The Following User Says Thank You to p3dboard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p3dboard Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes