[Updated]Scrubber GCam (Portrait mode Working!!) for MIUI 9 (Android 7.0) (API 24)

Is it working with...

• Total voters
Search This thread

ssj435

Apr 20, 2015
Hi guys
Recently developer Scrubber (4pda) released most stable version of GCam till date. But unfortunately it requires Android 7.1+ to work with.
Which means it can't be used with any of MIUI ROM.:(:(

So here I come,:D I modified the APK uploaded by Scrubber to minimum api level 24(earlier 25)
Now Everything is working perfectly without any fc (except slow motion):good::good:
HDR+ & Portrait Mode working on both front and rear camera.

Note: 1. Camera2 API must be enabled. (Pls do some research)
This may help
https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-4/how-to/guide-enable-camera2-api-root-t3690366
2. [Very important] If you're coming from a different GCam, you must clear app data, otherwise you may get nothing but a black screen.

Update:
Hey guys good news is here, Scrubber has updated Gcam. This time he released it separately with api level 24 support. So no need for any modifications this time by me.
Changelog: Added option for HDR+ parameters.

Tested on MIUI 9.

Download Link in second Post....

Credit: Scrubber, me, and Google too:D

Last edited:

OnurG

Dec 20, 2017

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-09-01-17-03-430_com.miui.bugreport.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-09-01-17-03-430_com.miui.bugreport.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 18,273

iambidhan

May 30, 2017
Works perfectly on my RN4 3gb with MIUI 9.0.5.0 Stable. Can slow motion mode be enabled in this phone? Does this camera unit support sm mode at all?

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
If I unlocking my boot loader means I can use camera right
Yes, you can. then you need a custom recovery and flash a script to enable Camera2 api.

Even though you don't need to root your device, it will then no longer pass a safety net check. You will then have to flash something like Magisk, and add a safety net fix.

Alternatively, you have to convince Xiaomi to enable Camera2 api in the stock Miui rom... That may take years

Reactions: Sajidrahi

mani198

Jan 30, 2016
Yes, you can. then you need a custom recovery and flash a script to enable Camera2 api.

Even though you don't need to root your device, it will then no longer pass a safety net check. You will then have to flash something like Magisk, and add a safety net fix.

Alternatively, you have to convince Xiaomi to enable Camera2 api in the stock Miui rom... That may take years
So I need to install using twrp recovery

Top Liked Posts