crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!
Click for feature list
- Gapps (recommended: arm64 nano/pico)
- Root: Custom Magisk for treble enabled builds
- Recovery: OrangeFox Recovery
- Firmware (Flash this before ROM in case you are coming from official miui Marshmallow based stock ROM)
- After clean flash/first time flash, ensure to manually select preferred network type from Mobile Network(necessary for 4G & VoLTE)
- 24-mar-2018 onward builds are with treble support, need the new recovery to flash ROM
Join the testers group here
Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!
First time installing crDroid to your Redmi Note 4, or coming from another ROM:
** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery ( TWRP)
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
8) Flash gapps
9) Boot up
Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.
You need to flash GApps every-time you flash the ROM.
Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files
- warabhishek @abhishek987
- Vitaliy Tomin
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )
Follow us on crDroid G+ community
Thanks for all your support. If you like my work and continue to support, hit Thanks and donate.
( Paypal me or Scan this Paytm code)
crdroid-o-mido, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroid-devices/a...xiaomi_msm8953
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
Stable Release Date: 2018-03-06
Beta Release Date: 2017-12-15
Last Updated 2018-11-12