FORUMS

[ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1.0][treble][mido] LineageOS 15.1 [Weeklies]

234 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,066
 
By abhishek987, Senior Member on 17th October 2017, 08:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2019, 08:07 PM |#10642  
LilBlinx's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 5,577
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasCGQ

My mido is partially broken, so I've dropped the idea long ago.

Sent from my MI 9 SE using XDA Labs

Kinda off-topic at this point but is KudKernel dropped because of this situation? Is it possible for an update on the sources?
5th November 2019, 09:14 PM |#10643  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGoodUserNamesLeft

LineageOS 16.0 for mido is now official: https://download.lineageos.org/mido

First release is "lineage-16.0-20191105-nightly-mido-signed.zip" (611.32 MB)

Would it be possible to dirty flash if over Anderson Mendes' version?
5th November 2019, 09:45 PM |#10644  
Senior Member
Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat
Thanks Meter: 51
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipippo

Would it be possible to dirty flash if over Anderson Mendes' version?

Yep, tested.

Flash before flashing rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to WongJawa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WongJawa Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 10:00 PM |#10645  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipippo

Would it be possible to dirty flash if over Anderson Mendes' version?

I can confirm its working for me too. Do a Backup - Safety 1st
The Following User Says Thank You to xda2018 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda2018 Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 11:23 PM |#10646  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WongJawa


Flash before flashing rom.

Is that really necessary? I didn't need to flash anything going from 15.1 official to 16 anderson mendes (apart from the rom itself ang gapps).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xda2018

I can confirm its working for me too. Do a Backup - Safety 1st

Did you flash the lineage-migration-unofficial-to-official.zip or just the rom?
6th November 2019, 12:22 AM |#10647  
Senior Member
Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat
Thanks Meter: 51
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipippo

Is that really necessary? I didn't need to flash anything going from 15.1 official to 16 anderson mendes (apart from the rom itself ang gapps).



Did you flash the lineage-migration-unofficial-to-official.zip or just the rom?

No, its optional
6th November 2019, 01:07 AM |#10648  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up Migration from 15.1 to 16.0 instructions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGoodUserNamesLeft

LineageOS 16.0 for mido is now official: https://download.lineageos.org/mido
First release is "lineage-16.0-20191105-nightly-mido-signed.zip" (611.32 MB)

Fantastic! Thank you so much to everybody who contributed to this.

1. Could somebody give step-by-step instructions how to migrate from official mido LOS 15.1 to official LOS 16.0 for users with basic knowledge like me? Hopefully the settings, apps and data can be preserved. The official installation guide seems not to address it but just instruct how to do a fresh install.

2. Will there be a new xda-forum for the 16.0 Official or will this forum be the place to discuss 16.0 questions?

Thanks again!
6th November 2019, 08:06 AM |#10649  
Senior Member
Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat
Thanks Meter: 51
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdabuntu

Fantastic! Thank you so much to everybody who contributed to this.

1. Could somebody give step-by-step instructions how to migrate from official mido LOS 15.1 to official LOS 16.0 for users with basic knowledge like me? Hopefully the settings, apps and data can be preserved. The official installation guide seems not to address it but just instruct how to do a fresh install.

2. Will there be a new xda-forum for the 16.0 Official or will this forum be the place to discuss 16.0 questions?

Thanks again!

Based on my experience.

1. Download new 16.0 for mido, download gapps for Pie

Boot to twrp, wipe dalvik, cache, system, and vendor
Dont wipe data

Flash rom and gapps
Wipe dalvik cache again, and reboot
Its fine.

2. LineageOS Official • Mido
LineageOS Official Group For Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/4X (Mido)
https://t.me/lineageosmidoo
The Following User Says Thank You to WongJawa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WongJawa Ad-Free
6th November 2019, 09:28 AM |#10650  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Also dirty flashed it on latest 15.1 with opengapps mini for pie and the new los16 file. Seems to be ok. Thx a lot.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk
6th November 2019, 10:38 AM |#10651  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WongJawa

No, its optional

Well, I flashed it just in case then flashed the rom.
It booted fine but the 3 versions of google camera I had disappeared and they show like this in settings->applications.
Maybe I shouldn't have flashed the lineage-migration-unofficial-to-official.zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191106-113142_Ajustes.png
Views:	392
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	4867937  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes