FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][8.1.0][TREBLE][OFFICIAL][OTA][NIGHTLY] MoKee Open Source Android Project

1,836 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,775

Post Reply Email Thread

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * I am not the maintainer or developer, I found this and wanted to share it on XDA
*/

MoKee Open Source is the biggest non-profit Android Open Source development team in China, with members from all parts of the world. We follow the latest development from Google closely and improve various parts of Android according to the user habits. Being a non-profit organisation, we utilise our spare time and own funds to keep this passion alive. Therefore, the costs for the forum and servers are solely beared by us. In order to provide a good user experience, we only included a few preinstalls in the ROM. Along with the advertisements in the forum; we hardly get enough to pay for the bandwidth. The point is, those are our only source of income, however many developers choose to exclude them when releasing unofficial builds. Unlike CyanogenMod, we did not accept monetary help at the early stages, as in China, most people do not understand the meaning of “making a donation”. They would think of it as buying a service, which is conflicting with our objectives. Anyways, we still made it until today, and even started to provide third party developers a chance to utilise our OTA system. All of these are the fruit of our hard work and passion. We are proud of the happy users, and we are also proud of the support given to MoKee Open Source. Most importantly, we are proud of the improvements we have achieved all these while, and the advancements never stop.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Fingerprint
  • IR Blaster
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS
  • VoLTE
  • ViLTE

Known issues:
  • Same as in LineageOS 15.1

Instructions :
  • Download latest TWRP
  • Download the latest build
  • Download latest GApps
  • Reboot to bootloader (Volume Down + Power)
  • Flash TWRP
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot

Downloads :
MoKee Add-Ons:
Screenshots & Videos:
MoKee Help & Support links:
Sources:
  • Please use telegram to contact me on about anything: @lilblinx

Credits:
  • martincz
  • abhishek987
  • Mokee Development Team
  • LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
Mokee Open Source Project, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
LilBlinx, martincz, abhishek987
Source Code: https://github.com/MoKee

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: Mokee Open Source Project

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2018-05-13

Created 2018-05-13
Last Updated 2018-05-13
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to LilBlinx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LilBlinx Ad-Free

13th May 2018, 08:45 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 3,775

Donate to Me
More
Additional Information:
  • At this point the ROM does NOT include built in root or Xposed like in previous MoKee releases which is pretty good thing.
  • If you need Magisk, please use a custom built Magisk because this ROM is treble, you can find one here Magisk-v16.0-custom .zip
  • Aegis app is still in development for Oreo
  • This ROM focuses a lot on stability and bug fixes rather than on customization
  • The base is LineageOS but with their patches and fixes that aren't included in LineageOS which in my opinion makes this ROM a pretty good choice for Oreo ROM on mido
  • I am not the maintainer of this ROM, MoKee development team is
  • If you encounter any bug, please report it here with a proper logs (Logcat, Kernel Log) so I can later track it to MoKee
  • Incremental updates can be installed for free using browser but I highly encourage to donate and support the developers. Follow the steps in this video YouTube Link

Release types:
  • RELEASE: Tested after integrating new features, more stable than NIGHTLY. (Odexed builds)
  • NIGHTLY: Built daily with newest code and experimental features, might contain undiscovered bugs. (Deodexded builds)
  • HISTORY: Final odexded builds once a newer Android version is out and being built.
  • EXPERIMENTAL: Released when a new device is added or when a new feature is added for public beta testing and feedback. (Deodexded builds)
  • UNOFFICIAL: Maintained separately by individual developers, usually involves modification of shared code which cannot be merged (affects other devices), therefore maintained by the developer himself.

Incremental updates info from MoKee:
The following text is translated from Chinese to English
Quote:

Because Oreo no longer supports building a complete package in File format, and Ryuinferno is currently busy with the recent work (after all, the magic is that we developed with free time, so please understand and support him), incremental update is temporarily unavailable, late we will add support.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LilBlinx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LilBlinx Ad-Free
13th May 2018, 08:55 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
ss sir.. ??
This rom have a lot customization??
13th May 2018, 09:13 AM |#4  
Flag new dlhi
Thanks Meter: 421

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedikunity

ss sir.. ??
This rom have a lot customization??

Better if you read opening post,gdrive link is their for screenshots!

Sent from my mido using XDA Labs
13th May 2018, 09:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
thanx for the ROM
13th May 2018, 09:15 AM |#6  
Flag new dlhi
Thanks Meter: 421

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBlinx

At this point the ROM does NOT include built in root or Xposed like in previous MoKee releases which is pretty good thing.
If you need Magisk, please use a custom built Magisk because this ROM is treble, you can find one here Magisk-v16.0-custom .zip

Pretty good job their man, keep up the good work!

Sent from my mido using XDA Labs
13th May 2018, 09:25 AM |#7  
Flag ankara
Thanks Meter: 75

More
finally... Thanks dev
13th May 2018, 09:59 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBlinx

At this point the ROM does NOT include built in root or Xposed like in previous MoKee releases which is pretty good thing.
If you need Magisk, please use a custom built Magisk because this ROM is treble, you can find one here Magisk-v16.0-custom .zip
Aegis app is still in development for Oreo
This ROM focuses a lot on stability and bug fixes rather than on customization
The base is LineageOS but with their patches and fixes that aren't included in LineageOS which in my opinion makes this ROM a pretty good choice for Oreo ROM on mido
I am not the maintainer of this ROM, MoKee development team is

thanx to team...and thanx for sharing.....
stability, security and battery life are main concern... form me at least
13th May 2018, 10:23 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can't find zip file of this rom ?
13th May 2018, 11:01 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhvgpt

Can't find zip file of this rom ?

Reading something..... here in OP: