1440hr to unlock

Search This thread

Lemon476

Jun 13, 2016
I tried to unlock bootloader on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 pro. I know that, when you try for the first time, you have to wait 360hr, but for some reason I have to wait 1440hr. Does anyone know why? Could it be that I am on MIUI 10 Beta?

kostas gp

Jun 12, 2018
Redmi Note 8
WHAT? Are they out of their minds? I think that 15 days was already unacceptable but 2 months?? This is more than ridiculous. What are their intentions? To make android a bad replica of iOS? They progressively take back the freedoms that we have been enjoying in it. They are bricking our devices for downgrading, they don't authorize accounts for unbricking and they constantly increase the requested time to unlock bootloader. I'm afraid that at some point, which seems to be not that far, Xiaomi will stop being my brand of choice when it comes to smartphones. And that's bad because I'm not interested in buying a device from any other brand.

Reactions: Lemon476

Lemon476

Jun 13, 2016
I checked this morning and the waiting time went down to 704 hours. I'll keep you updated

SunilSuni

Jul 5, 2017
Bengaluru
I checked this morning and the waiting time went down to 704 hours. I'll keep you updated

So one day is equal to 720 hours ???? I think you did some mesh up with your mi account thats why you are seeing 1440 hours to unlock.. keep single mi account in your mobile and bind same account in developer setting

orangpelupa

May 29, 2012
No wonder, people unlocking their phones and installing custom roms destroys Xiaomi's business model. TechAltar did a nice episode about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esUOQpKNLsE

they should attack vendor rom installers then. they are the one replacing ads with crazy intrusive ones not from xiaomi.

as people that know how to use custom ROM, should be savvy enough to disable the default apps, or do ads blocking even witohut root

Lemon476

Jun 13, 2016
So one day is equal to 720 hours ???? I think you did some mesh up with your mi account thats why you are seeing 1440 hours to unlock.. keep single mi account in your mobile and bind same account in developer setting
I only have one account, I didn't do anything strange. With the same account, since it is the only one I have, I checked again this morning, I have no idea why it went down to 704 hours, but I read that it didn't happen only to me

Lemon476

Jun 13, 2016

WakeUpFilthy

May 12, 2011
I thought the 15 day wait was bad. Xiaomi can stop using the excuse its to stop sellers putting malicious roms on their devices. This is anti consumer and will put devs off the brand which is terrible for everyone even those whos device is already unlocked

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
It is definitely 720 hours now.
My first 3/32 model that I gave to my Fiancee was only 360 when I unlocked it (August 10th requested - August 25th unlocked). Now it looks like I'll be waiting until September 30th to unlock this 4/64gb model. *Sigh* Looks like im installing blockada again to fight Xaiomis damn ads, while using MIUI for the next month. I thought using it for 15 days was bad enough. I miss Lineage already... but at least my Fiancee will be happy.

0veR

Jan 10, 2015
Reactions: Dezquertez

Top Liked Posts