Error 7 Twrp

Search This thread

Ravinder rb

May 18, 2019
first of all there should be no problem in your recovery but rather the problem is with the rom developers as they didnt changed the meta data firstly so try downloading the rom whose developers are not lazy as error 7 ocurs only if the rom is not desingned for the device model u r using.

ESCORPION AZUL

May 13, 2012
Solution to error 7 - Solucion al error 7

Hello friends, I hope to be of help, that error also happened to me and it was because I updated the twrp to version 3.3.1-2, after looking for a solution and thinking I decided to flash again version 3.3.1-1 which was the one that I had this problem before and voila returned everything to work correctly on my redmi note 5 pro whyred and I already installed the rom pixel experience android 10, a hug from Uruguay.

Hola amigos espero ser de ayuda, a mi tambien me paso ese error y fue porque actualize el twrp a la version 3.3.1-2, despues de buscar solucion y pensar decidi volver a flashear la version 3.3.1-1 que era la que tenia anteriormente a este problema y voila volvio todo a funcionar correctamente en mi redmi note 5 pro whyred y ya instale la rom pixel experience android 10, un abrazo desde Uruguay.

cabark

Nov 17, 2019
Hello everyone,

i stumbled across this thread looking for a solution for my problem with "error 7", appearing while I tried to install Resurrection Remix 7, Havoc OS 2.9 or inofficial Lineage 16. My Redmi Note 5 had the last official version of Lineage 15.1 official before, which I used a long time but decided to try something 'new' after a while.

So i tried the newest TWRP at this point, which was 'twrp-3.3.1-0-whyred'. It did not help.
I flashed the latest non-anti-rollback MIUI Versions, 8.7.5beta or 9.5.17.0 via miflash on the device which did not help too. Sadly, the error persists.
(non-anti-rollback versions mentioned here: https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/faq-questions-answered-t3816185)

Looking for a solution for this, I found a yt-howto where someone explained how he flash latest pixel experience and fixed error 7 and it worked for me too. He flashed a new firmware on the device, afterwards flashed a custom TWRP which he called "inofficial TWRP 3.3.1-1 for whyred".
Video here: https://www.youtubecom/watch?v=6t7k2F7zmyw

Well, I have a bit of stomache ache since both, the firmware and the custom twrp, are hosted with no description or further explanation at a filehoster but I flashed both like it says in the video and it just works. I were able to flash havoc OS 2.9, Lineage 16 inofficial, resurrection remix 7 and AOSP Extended, all based on android 9. I tried official Havoc3.0 (android10) too, but got stuck in a bootloop.

So, this helped me and I hope it helps someone else too who is fighting error 7. Since Iam just a user and not a professional and flashed firmware 10.x, I might moved my device into the anti-rollback trap by xiaomi but as long as android 9 works, that's ok for me at the moment

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sir, can you give me the link of the Oreo firmware that you flashed? thanks
    Follow this steps to flash any custom roms, after Miui 10 Pie without any errors - ( USE ONLY PITCHBLACK RECOVERY ).

1. Go to recovery, Wipe data, cache, vendor.

2. Now install, Firmware. ( around 50mb ).

3. Again wipe data, cache, vendor.

4. install rom.

5. install gapps.

6. Go to recovery
    ( SKIP THIS STEP, YOU CAN USE LAZY FLASHER )
    - advance.
    - tools.
    - Dm-verity.
    - install.

7. wipe dalvik cache.

8. reboot.

ENJOY

Firmware Link : http://bit.ly/2I6XIxE
    I performed the following instructions on my phone (360 hours of waiting)
    1. unlock bootloader ok
    2. from fastboot (fastboot boot twrp-3.3.0-0-whyred.img) boot twrp temporarily and then flash twrp-3.3.0-0-whyred.img from twrp recovery to recovery partition (always flash latest twrp recovery)
    3. Format data
    4. Wipe >> advanced wipe >> wipe system data cache and dalvik cache
    5. Reboot to twrp recovery once again
    6. Flash pixel experience ROM
    but it does not work error 7
    assert failed: whyred .verify_trustzone("tz.bf.4.0.7-00082") == "1"
    updater process ended with ERROR: 7 error installing zip file ....

unfortunately I can't install custom rom aosp

if I install rom whyred miui.eu it works perfectly

Download Miflash official tool and Latest fastboot firmware file. Connect your device in fastboot mode and flash stock rom. After flashing complete.
    1. unlock bootloader (this time there will be no waiting time).
    2. Flash latest twrp.
    3. Now, You can flash any rom without errors.
    :)
    thanks your answer, but that does not solve the problem, in fact I already have installed the twrp 3.3.0.0

1. unlock bootloader
    2. Boot twrp temporarily and then flash twrp.img from twrp recovery (always flash latest twrp recovery)
    3. Format data
    4. Wipe >> advanced wipe >> wipe system data cache and dalvik cache
    5. Reboot to twrp recovery once again (very important)
    6. Flash pixel experience ROM
    7. Reboot to system

Do this and you are good to go
    first of all thank you :)
    but
    stock rom is global 10.2.2.0?
    Is it dangerous for roll-back?
    now I don't have any roms inside the phone
    Were you on MIUI pie beta before trying the flashing?
    PE is based on Oreo firmware, if you flash it when you have Pie firmware, error 7 will come up.
    before flashing was with global 10.2.2. android ??? Oreo? I do not remember
    Check your firmware version in about section. Last oreo version was 9.3.14.