I currently have completely stock and BL locked M1803E7SG 3/32, on MIUI 10.3.1.0 Stable Pie.
Tomorrow is my big day, timer in MIUI unlocker will finaly allow me to completely mod my device.
I did some modding a long time ago on Xperia X10/Xperia Play (old 2.3.3 Gingerbread times), but many things changed nowadays, so I have few questions:
1) Firmware - is it something like low-level SoC driver pack included in official releases? Back in a day nothing like that was updated/changed. I have latest stable Pie so that point shouldn't be a problem beacuse I will flash Pie FW compatible ROM, just want to confirm my understanding there.
2) ARB - as far as I'm concerned, this thing has no meaning if I'll flash Pie AOSP ROM over stock Pie MIUI right?
3) Kernels - again, back in a day kernels were completely separate from ROMs itself, do modern ROMs require kernel flash when going from official MIUI to AOSP-based ROM? Or is AOSP-compatible kernel already included in ROM .zip?
I want to use this one:
Another thing about kernels, I want to use latest PureCAF, do i need to flash it before ROM .zip or after?
So my path should be like that:
Official MIUI Pie + stock kernel + locked BL
1. Unlock BL via official Xiaomi tool
2. Flash latest TWRP thru fastboot, boot into it, flash Lazyflasher thru TWRP
3. Perform a wipe (dalvik, system, cache, data)
4. Flash ROM .zip thru TWRP, flash Gapps.
5. Flash PureCaf .zip thru TWRP again
6. Reboot into clean&fast new phone?