Note 5 Pro - Does it bends?

Search This thread

Mohitsoh

Jul 3, 2018
exchange

its known problem on all xiaomi's aluminium back phones , all my previous xiaomi's metal back phones are bended!
try not to put it in a pocket or any pressure .

Thanks for replying, now what to do will they replace my phone, did they replaced your because its been only 10 days i purchased it.

lawong

Sep 23, 2010
Huawei P40 Pro
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Thanks for replying, now what to do will they replace my phone, did they replaced your because its been only 10 days i purchased it.
sorry sir i dnt know about that because i nvr sent for warrnty on all my prvious phone .
in here at my state/country , warranty claim will take month to be settle and i didnt have the patient to wait for that :D ,as long the phone functioning good so i just keep using it .

Well with specific amount of pressure every aluminium phone is going to bend. That's how aluminium works guys. It's not Xiaomi specific. iPhones bend too even with pressure applied using bare hands. If you don't want your device to be bent then use it carefully. Apply a case. Don't sit on it or probably stop thinking that you bought an explosion proof phone. Simple logic. If it's aluminium its destined to be bent if you apply pressure. So keep your phone safe.

Reactions: Desmanto

mistororange

Jan 23, 2010
the replacement shells are like 17 shipped, its not end of the world even if it did bend, but yeah a case a no skinny jeans goes a long way.

m4tt94

Jun 26, 2007
Well with specific amount of pressure every aluminium phone is going to bend. That's how aluminium works guys. It's not Xiaomi specific. iPhones bend too even with pressure applied using bare hands. If you don't want your device to be bent then use it carefully. Apply a case. Don't sit on it or probably stop thinking that you bought an explosion proof phone. Simple logic. If it's aluminium its destined to be bent if you apply pressure. So keep your phone safe.

Mine appears to be bent after ~2 hours of being in my front pocket, with a case. It was either bent out of the box, or Xiaomi is using the cheapest aluminum available. I've never bent or damaged a phone in any way. My iPhone 6s plus is perfect, without the slightest bend, and I've used it caseless for three years. So, yeah, it appears to be a Xiaomi specific problem. If a phone is so fragile you can't even put it in your front pocket, then it's hot garbage.

lawong

Sep 23, 2010
Huawei P40 Pro
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Mine appears to be bent after ~2 hours of being in my front pocket, with a case. It was either bent out of the box, or Xiaomi is using the cheapest aluminum available. I've never bent or damaged a phone in any way. My iPhone 6s plus is perfect, without the slightest bend, and I've used it caseless for three years. So, yeah, it appears to be a Xiaomi specific problem. If a phone is so fragile you can't even put it in your front pocket, then it's hot garbage.
well i can surely said that xiaomi built quality are red hot garbage , i have been using lots of xiaomi variant and most of them suffer from bending issue. its really annoying i cant even put it in my pocket to make sure its not bended.

Incogn

Dec 8, 2016
Yeah, phone is so fragile it bends in front pocket.. dont make me laugh. Phone is just fine, this video proves it, as it performs just about same as other devices in this bend test. If its bent, its your fault, not xiaomi.

m4tt94

Jun 26, 2007
Yeah, phone is so fragile it bends in front pocket.. dont make me laugh. Phone is just fine, this video proves it, as it performs just about same as other devices in this bend test. If its bent, its your fault, not xiaomi.

I've too seen that video, before buying the device, as I knew many other Xiaomis were extremely fragile, like the A1 or the RN4. Asking other users around, it appears that some RN5 are slightly bent out of the box. Even the display unit at a local store is. This is rubbish, I'm returning it, and never buying a Xiaomi phone again. You get what you pay for, I guess. Also, this community is toxic and full of fanboys that can't admit their device is not perfect. If it's bent it's the shoddy build quality's fault, not mine. All my devices are in pristine condition after years of use.

I've too seen that video, before buying the device, as I knew many other Xiaomis were extremely fragile, like the A1 or the RN4. Asking other users around, it appears that some RN5 are slightly bent out of the box. Even the display unit at a local store is. This is rubbish, I'm returning it, and never buying a Xiaomi phone again. You get what you pay for, I guess. Also, this community is toxic and full of fanboys that can't admit their device is not perfect. If it's bent it's the shoddy build quality's fault, not mine. All my devices are in pristine condition after years of use.

Nothing IS perfect!

JLLE

Jul 30, 2007
It's my first Xiaomi, so I'm far away to be a fan boy and I'm not involved in the community. But for using the smartphone for almost two months, I think it's pretty well made and solid. As most of phones it's not a tank but I'm not very gentle with it, I use the protection wich came in the package and for the moment I have nothing to complain. It felt down twice and no damage to declare.
So in my opinion it's a solid phone.

ɹnɯ nɐ spǝıd sǝl ʇuɐsıɐɟ uǝ 'ʞlɐʇɐdɐ⊥ ʇuɐsılıʇn uǝ ϛ ǝʇoN ıɯpǝᴚ uoɯ ǝp éʎoʌuƎ

Last edited:

Homlok

Mar 20, 2013
Budapest
Xiaomi Mi Note 10

Are U really compare an iPhone to a Xiaomi?

Stop it Please. My RN5P is flawless. I usually inline skateing, fell lot with phone in my hand, still perfect for this price. :)

m4tt94

Jun 26, 2007
Are U really compare an iPhone to a Xiaomi?

Stop it Please. My RN5P is flawless. I usually inline skateing, fell lot with phone in my hand, still perfect for this price. :)

This phone is anything but flawless. Apparently many Xiaomis are slightly bent out of the box, and that's definitely a symptom of bad quality control. Luckily I returned the RN5p and go a discounted Honor Play for only 15€ more. Night and day difference in build quality.

Incogn

Dec 8, 2016
This phone is anything but flawless. Apparently many Xiaomis are slightly bent out of the box, and that's definitely a symptom of bad quality control. Luckily I returned the RN5p and go a discounted Honor Play for only 15€ more. Night and day difference in build quality.
Apparently, i would like you to give me atleast 1 source for this "bent out of box" claim. Because this is first time im hearing it. And Honor Play starts at 240 euros, where as redmi note 5 starts at 130 euros, so you are comparing apples to oranges here... Budget vs middle tier.

m4tt94

Jun 26, 2007
Apparently, i would like you to give me atleast 1 source for this "bent out of box" claim. Because this is first time im hearing it. And Honor Play starts at 240 euros, where as redmi note 5 starts at 130 euros, so you are comparing apples to oranges here... Budget vs middle tier.

It cannot have bent inside my pocket, with so little time and pressure. The model on display at a local mall is also slightly bent, and users on a reddit tread on r/xiaomi confirmed that other models (A1, A2 lite RN4) appear to have bent either out of the box or without any pressure. In 10 years of using smartphones I've never had to worry about them just bending in my pocket. So, it either was like that out of the box, or they're using soda can-grade aluminium.

Anyway you're comparing the price of an imported from china (so, no warranty at all, and china ROM) in a 3gb of ram edition, to the price of a phone sold locally with a decent warranty of 2 years. The RN5p with 4GB of ram is 199€ here, I've paid my Honor Play 216€ during a sale.

lawong

Sep 23, 2010
Huawei P40 Pro
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Just take it , most of xiaomi phone suffer from bending issue , they have worst build quality in their product ,i have been a fans of xiaomi product and have been using their product for a long2 time , this bending problem started when they release redmi note 3 or to simplify it when their started to using aluminium material on their phone body parts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone.

I just noticed mine one week old Note 5 Pro is curved. Does your phones bends too?
    I hope they don't.
    I read the topic as "Does it blends", I thought it will be a new episode of "will it blend?" :D