FORUMS

[SOLVED] 86006 Error while unlocking [Update]

140 posts
Thanks Meter: 605

By xdatman, Senior Member on 7th April 2018, 01:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,

You might be aware that while unlocking Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) you would face a error while binding which would read "86006" and hence this did not allow you to unlock bootloader.

The issue lies in server sync and can be only solved from Xiaomi's side. Translating the Chinese characters would tell that the error translates to "Illegal Parameter" warning.

Upon investigation, it was noted that the Indian Models which were made in China did not face the error whilst the Indian Models which were made in India faced this error. You can check this by checking box of your phone and seeing on front of box and bottom of rear side of box, if you see "Made in India" sticker or mark then you know you can't unlock bootloader as of now.

We have contacted Xiaomi and they will be releasing a fix soon and no eta has been specified.

UPDATE 1: Xiaomi has started to fix. This won't work on Whyred Models but it is starting to work

Take Backup **Data will be Deleted**
Turn on Mi Sync (Settings -> Sync)
Connect Device to Laptop/Desktop.
Open Mi Unlock tool on your Laptop/Desktop (Download)
Open the App, Install Drivers.
Shut down phone, connect to your Laptop/Desktop and restart in Fastboot Mode (Click Volume Down and Power Button)
Follow Steps.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xdatman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdatman Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 03:27 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Very sad. Waiting for it from few days Hope it will solve soon. Click image for larger version

Name:	images (1).jpeg
Views:	1026
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	4469459

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk
7th April 2018, 05:20 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Damn how much time they still need?
7th April 2018, 07:11 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rajkot
Thanks Meter: 605

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathlr

Damn how much time they still need?

Rest assured, I will update this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xdatman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdatman Ad-Free
9th April 2018, 11:57 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Previously there was error 86006. Now its showing connect to the network. Confirm if anyone else experiencing same. I hv checked with using mobile data and wifi both.Click image for larger version

Name:	New%20Doc%202018-04-09%20(1)_1.jpg
Views:	1390
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	4471274

9th April 2018, 12:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshtiwari0993

Previously there was error 86006. Now its showing connect to the network. Confirm if anyone else experiencing same. I hv checked with using mobile data and wifi both.Attachment 4471274

'86006' & 'Cennect to the network' errors are common. Sometime 86006 and the other time connect to the network

Triggered from RN5pro
9th April 2018, 12:08 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Previously there was error 86006. Now its showing connect to the network. Confirm if anyone else experiencing same. I hv checked with using mobile data and wifi both.Attachment 4471274

Yes, error message changed for me as well.
9th April 2018, 01:33 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,456

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Previously there was error 86006. Now its showing connect to the network. Confirm if anyone else experiencing same. I hv checked with using mobile data and wifi both.

Yes, I am also getting same error
9th April 2018, 02:50 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Same error and I am annoyed now. 😓
9th April 2018, 04:14 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 430

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas.holla

Yes, I am also getting same error

Reboot and you will get back the 86006 error.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ghoul159 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ghoul159 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
86006, bootloader, redmi, root, unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)