FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Antutu scores from various kernels on Bootleggers Oreo

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 27
 
By ckom26, Member on 6th August 2019, 12:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, last night I couldn't sleep and I decided to flash a few kernels on my global 4/64 Whyred. To be honest, I didn't expect a wide variation in results, however the difference between the fastest and slowest kernel was 28000 points.
The phone's ROM was Bootleggers Oreo. Tested kernels: ROM's stock Derp+, Derp-v5.3, AGNi_PIE-v5.6, IceCold-R5.2, KangarooX-R4.4 and InsigniuX-x14.
This is by no means a comprehensive test (each kernel ran Antutu 7.2.2 only once), but is might serve as a starting point for some people. Before I attach the screenshots, I'd like to mention that IceCold boots the phone in less than half the time the others do, however apparently it was not enough to give it the crown (it's not overclocked). It also fails to show its information in "About phone", so I took it from termux.
All tests consumed 1-2% of battery and no tweak whatsoever was applied on the kernels (schedulers, clocks etc); they ran at stock settings.
I would like to thank the kernels developers for their hard work.
[EDIT] Added KangarooX-OC.

SCORES
Code:
KangarooX    128,209
AGNi         125,286
IceCold      117,020
Derp-v5.3    113,870
Derp+        113,597
InsigniuX    100,639
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	derp+.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	4802281   Click image for larger version

Name:	derp53.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	4802283   Click image for larger version

Name:	agni.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	4802284   Click image for larger version

Name:	icecold.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	4802285   Click image for larger version

Name:	insigniux.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	4802286   Click image for larger version

Name:	kangaroox.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	4804766  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ckom26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ckom26 Ad-Free
6th August 2019, 09:54 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Aren't the oreo builds discontinued bro?
6th August 2019, 10:11 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Apparently not, most of the tested kernels are only a few days or weeks old and also agni works perfectly, despite being designated Pie.
I found P ROMs not mature enough yet for daily use.
10th August 2019, 01:26 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckom26

Apparently not, most of the tested kernels are only a few days or weeks old and also agni works perfectly, despite being designated Pie.
I found P ROMs not mature enough yet for daily use.

Oreo firmware based pie roms are awesome, bro. Try them out, if you will.
11th August 2019, 01:43 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjaswani023

Oreo firmware based pie roms are awesome, bro. Try them out, if you will.

I've been hopping ROMs this last month, still haven't found one with all the features I want and bugless. Testing last O-based Havoc for 2 days now and I'm not satisfied. Been on RR-6.2.0 and Bootleggers so far, they all had their issues. Which one do you suggest?
11th August 2019, 02:16 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckom26

I've been hopping ROMs this last month, still haven't found one with all the features I want and bugless. Testing last O-based Havoc for 2 days now and I'm not satisfied. Been on RR-6.2.0 and Bootleggers so far, they all had their issues. Which one do you suggest?

Use Havoc-OS build 19-05-2019 with AGNi v5.5. There are one or two minor issues but they are easily fixable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pjaswani023 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pjaswani023 Ad-Free
11th August 2019, 02:26 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjaswani023

Use Havoc-OS build 19-05-2019 with AGNi v5.5. There are one or two minor issues but they are easily fixable.

Alright, thanks. I'll first try dirty-flashing from my running setup and if that fails I'll clean-flash. Got any links related to those issues?
11th August 2019, 02:50 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckom26

Alright, thanks. I'll first try dirty-flashing from my running setup and if that fails I'll clean-flash. Got any links related to those issues?

Do a clean flash. Bugs include :
1. Contacts get reset sometimes when installing WhatsApp. Easily handed, so NBD.
2. Music seekbar doesn't work on notification. Also, NBD.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pjaswani023 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pjaswani023 Ad-Free
11th August 2019, 03:13 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjaswani023

Do a clean flash. Bugs include :
1. Contacts get reset sometimes when installing WhatsApp. Easily handed, so NBD.
2. Music seekbar doesn't work on notification. Also, NBD.

Both NBD as I neither use WhatsApp nor listen to music at all on my phone. Cheers!
11th August 2019, 04:28 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag hatay
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
where is my kangaro ??
11th August 2019, 09:57 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by namhoang235

where is my kangaro ??

Added in OP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes