Beware of flashing Russian Rom on global/Indian whyred

Search This thread

Sidgup1998

Jan 11, 2020
Hello people i thought i should discuss this thing as it is Important (atleast I think it is)-
I was using miui 11.0.3.0 with orange fox recovery installed (R 10.3 stable). Then i thought to flash Miui 11.0.1.0 Russian whyred Rom (it was arb 4 ROM so no problem in Arb brick). I flashed it via custom recovery and all went good. Now I again went to recovery to flash havoc os (as I was just testing to see if there is any difference in Russian rom)
When i choose havoc recovery package it threw me several errors like error 7, corrupt file. I thought the file was corrupt, so I flashed pixel experience though it gave me same error. Then i thought something is wrong. I put the phone in fastboot mode and started flashing, it gave me hello packet error (means phone was in edl mode and bricked).
I had to open the back panel and use shorting method to revive my phone.
So please don't flash russain rom on global/indian variant.
Thanks

Hello people i thought i should discuss this thing as it is Important (atleast I think it is)-
I was using miui 11.0.3.0 with orange fox recovery installed (R 10.3 stable). Then i thought to flash Miui 11.0.1.0 Russian whyred Rom (it was arb 4 ROM so no problem in Arb brick). I flashed it via custom recovery and all went good. Now I again went to recovery to flash havoc os (as I was just testing to see if there is any difference in Russian rom)
When i choose havoc recovery package it threw me several errors like error 7, corrupt file. I thought the file was corrupt, so I flashed pixel experience though it gave me same error. Then i thought something is wrong. I put the phone in fastboot mode and started flashing, it gave me hello packet error (means phone was in edl mode and bricked).
I had to open the back panel and use shorting method to revive my phone.
So please don't flash russain rom on global/indian variant.
Thanks
Lol what I told you in PM?? Never ever never flash MIUI ROM IN RECOVERY!!!
Well you learned in hard way :p
I'm glad that you revived your phone. Do you still have bootloader unlock?? Check it, if not unlock it again! It's easier to revive. Please don't do this again :laugh:. Always use MI flash tool for flashing MIUI ROMs.
Good luck!

Sidgup1998

Jan 11, 2020
Lol what I told you in PM?? Never ever never flash MIUI ROM IN RECOVERY!!!
Well you learned in hard way :p
I'm glad that you revived your phone. Do you still have bootloader unlock?? Check it, if not unlock it again! It's easier to revive. Please don't do this again :laugh:. Always use MI flash tool for flashing MIUI ROMs.
Good luck!
Yes Buddy I learned It the hard way :D:D:D:D:D
But now i know how to revive Thru EDL :)