[Q][QP1] Android 10 Final for whyred (2019-09-07)

Search This thread

_moelle

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 24, 2014
NRW
Could you please show us how it works?

i tried several of this topics GSI´s ...none really worked without a deal breaker ( like the google launcher force close loop )

i found this one that works great for me. no real need of extra files except of the 2 mentioned in the OP i guess.

.drive.google.com/open?id=1NTrkpV7Lcofp6Hm-0HPE3SKwQ1oq-JzR

CAUTION: dont set a pinlock or any other lockscreen secruity option. that was causing some crashes ....the only real thing i noticed so far.

xell75

Dec 25, 2009
Berlin
I can give you an LOS17 Rom that works really snappy if you can live with some light bugs.

Here guys, my Orangefox Backup with LOS17, included gapps and a slightly modified build.prop. But not forget to install the newest PlayServices Apk Manually if you not wanna have issues after login. Enjoy!
(KangX 5.1 OC Kernel included, Rom based on latest Stable Android 10 QP1A.190711.020)

Bugs:
1. Search Widget is not Removable on Stock Launcher.
2. Gestural Navigation only works with Stock LOS Launcher for now.
3. You cannot set battery % in statusbar anywhere.

Other than that, the system works really smooth and stable. Calling and SMS are working also (Just no LTE Call as always) Gcam works also and the included LOS Cam too.

Notice: The 2 debugfiles in system/etc that causes heating/lag are also removed.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-SQTmXdXu0svU5fHRf8G5omKDahE4RNz/view?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Lennoard

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2015
Teresina
hebfoptimizer.androidvip.com.br
My experience so far

Disclaimer: Final verison, installed OP-provided apps as well as its newest versions

- At first, Pixel Launcher crashed continuouslly, as mentioned, it was just a matter of switching launchers, but then there were no recents panel.
- Pixel setup said it was getting trouble and asked for me to grant permissions to Google Play Services, even listed them one by one
- I couldn't grant any permission as Settings app crashed (more on that below)

Note: I found this Android 10 Gapps that aparently fixed this permission issue

- So I couldn't manage to get past "pixel setup": I got stuck at checking updates (it eventually just gave up and proceeded to select security PIN and other stuff, but no Google Account)
- Sign in button in google play did nothing
- I couldn't connect to adb, authorization dialog is not shown
- "App info" screen in settings app crashes with IllegalStateException: call to get installed modules before metadata loaded. That's probally why I wasn't able to grant permissions

Last edited:

Dev_Rangan

Jan 10, 2017
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Disclaimer: Final verison, installed OP-provided apps as well as its newest versions

- At first, Pixel Launcher crashed continuouslly, as mentioned, it was just a matter of switching launchers, but then there were no recents panel.
- Pixel setup said it was getting trouble and asked for me to grant permissions to Google Play Services, even listed them one by one
- I couldn't grant any permission as Settings app crashed (more on that below)

Note: I found this Android 10 Gapps that aparently fixed this permission issue

- So I couldn't manage to get past "pixel setup": I got stuck at checking updates (it eventually just gave up and proceeded to select security PIN and other stuff, but no Google Account)
- Sign in button in google play did nothing
- I couldn't connect to adb, authorization dialog is not shown
- "App info" screen in settings app crashes with IllegalStateException: call to get installed modules before metadata loaded. That's probally why I wasn't able to grant permissions
Ya its very unstable. Let's hope for stable builds in future.?

quan3c10

Oct 2, 2018
I can give you an LOS17 Rom that works really snappy if you can live with some light bugs.

Here guys, my Orangefox Backup with LOS17, included gapps and a slightly modified build.prop. But not forget to install the newest PlayServices Apk Manually if you not wanna have issues after login. Enjoy!
(KangX 5.1 OC Kernel included, Rom based on latest Stable Android 10 QP1A.190711.020)

Bugs:

Other than that, the system works really smooth and stable. Calling and SMS are working also (Just no LTE Call as always) Gcam works also and the included LOS Cam too.

Notice: The 2 debugfiles in system/etc that causes heating/lag are also removed.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-SQTmXdXu0svU5fHRf8G5omKDahE4RNz/view?usp=drivesdk

Downloading and will give it a try, thanks for your support.

Last edited:
Reactions: xell75

engin500

Jan 11, 2015
Last edited:
Jul 7, 2016
How can I install the backup? Got OrangeFox too (Just flashing the ROM zip from the other comment doesnt works, it shows invalid zip file format)
Extract the zip content in Fox/Backups/_some random number_/
After that open recovery->restore
Data wipe is not compulsory but you should do it, a lot of stuff was broken without wiping data.
GCam didn't work for me even after wipe, and phone app doesn't show incoming calls and just drops outgoing calls. I was getting quite many random errors so i switched back to Havoc 2.9

Dev_Rangan

Jan 10, 2017
Redmi Note 10 Pro

Bugs:

You sure this works? ? This zip file is corrupt ?

xell75

Dec 25, 2009
Berlin
Extract the zip content in Fox/Backups/_some random number_/
After that open recovery->restore
Data wipe is not compulsory but you should do it, a lot of stuff was broken without wiping data.
GCam didn't work for me even after wipe, and phone app doesn't show incoming calls and just drops outgoing calls. I was getting quite many random errors so i switched back to Havoc 2.9
Seriously? To fix the phone issue, the phone app is not set as default when you clean install, that's why. Gcam 6.2 Advanced works perfectly. On my side, I didn't have any errors.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

You sure this works? ? This zip file is corrupt ?
Look one comment above you, you have to restore it. It's a Backup. I'm no dev, so I didn't know how to make flashable zips from a system, that's why I choosed to make a simple backup.

Reactions: Tomatoketchup14
Jul 7, 2016
Seriously? To fix the phone issue, the phone app is not set as default when you clean install, that's why. Gcam 6.2 Advanced works perfectly. On my side, I didn't have any errors.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Look one comment above you, you have to restore it. It's a Backup. I'm no dev, so I didn't know how to make flashable zips from a system, that's why I choosed to make a simple backup.

My bad, i tried just tried gcam 6.1.~ . I also got an errorz something like " contact your manufacturer" on first boot and JioCall (an app for calling over 4g ) didn't recognize the sim.
That said, it was a good first experience of Android 10. Thank you for your support! ?

Reactions: xell75

xell75

Dec 25, 2009
Berlin
My bad, i tried just tried gcam 6.1.~ . I also got an errorz something like " contact your manufacturer" on first boot and JioCall (an app for calling over 4g ) didn't recognize the sim.
That said, it was a good first experience of Android 10. Thank you for your support! ?
"Contact your Manufacturer" Is cause of we use a GSI and that's not the original Vendor from that phone, that doesn't affect anything. And Android 10 doesn't like Jio, VoLTE still not work, even on the Stable one. And no problem! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 10 QP1
    2019-09-07

Bugs: VoLTE, Bluetooth and Cast doesn't work, SystemUI can crash
    Features: All Android 10 Final Features

How to Install
    1 : Download ROM and flash.
    2 : When you boot, install Google Play Services and Google Play Store APK's
    3 : When Google Play and Google Play Services is installed, reboot two or three time to have more stability
    4 : Profits !

Note: If you want to change Kernel flash Permissiver_v4 and FixZygote_v2 after flashing your Custom Kernel

Downloads
    ROM Download
    Recommended Recovery (PBRP)
    Permissiver_v4 from erfanoabdi
    FixZygote_v2 from erfanoabdi
    Google Camera configs

F.A.Q.

Q1: I don't have data services
    A1: Try different Kernel. If doesn't work, go to stable Pie rom.

Q2: How to add gcam configs xml file
    A2: Follow this guide

Q3: Battery drain issues ?
    A3: No, it depend kernel you use

Thanks to @erfanoabdi for GSI and @MactavishAO for LagFix
    ChangeLog

Android 10 Final 2019-09-07

Android 10 DP6 20190904 Erfan GSI
    • Switch to KangarooX r5.1 OC

Bugs:

So a short review of me after using the Rom a few days: I'm very impressed how well it works on our Redmi Note 5, I use the 4/64GB Global version, and I faced 2 bugs that wasn't mentioned here, first often when I lock the phone and wanna unlock it again, it just freezes and become unresponsive so I was forced to do a force reboot and Whatsapp voice messages doesn't work. But luckily, I honestly don't know why, both problems got fixed with installing the latest Updated PureCAF Kernel x6, overall Android 10 performance is very good and now it's stable too.