[GUIDE] How to Change Boot Logo (Splash Screen) of Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)

Search This thread
Jul 19, 2017
I have a problem with the Fastboot image.

After flashing the file successfully, and having changed the bootlogo, I went into Fastboot mode, and the image of Xiaomi's hare is now a black screen. Fastboot mode works perfect, but the image is black. I tried flashing Splash Stock, but it didn't work. I do not know how to fix it. Help me please. :D

Sharashchandra

Mar 8, 2016
Note:
This is not bootanimation, this is the splash screen (the 'Mi' boot logo which is displayed when device is switched ON)
This is for Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) Only.
For Redmi Note 5 (vince), click here.
For other devices, please send me your splash.img so that I can create a tool for you too.

Requirements:
1. Rooted Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) (any ROM)
2. Optional: Terminal Emulator app or Custom Recovery or atleast working fastboot in computer
3. You're proceeding at your own risk.

STEPS to create splash.img:

1. Download & Extract this: Redmi_Note_5_Pro_Splash_Maker.zip

2. Make sure you have a picture with resolution 1080x2160 or 1080x1920.

3. Now replace your pictures on logo.png inside "pics" folder of the extracted folder.
(Similarly you can change other pictures too)
Note: You can put any picture format, but the names have to be 'logo', 'fastboot', etc.

4. Finally, run the 'CREATE_LOGO.bat' to create splash.img , which you can find inside the "output" folder after completion.

STEPS to flash splash.img:

Optional: To backup your original splash.img:

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash of=/sdcard/splash.img
(Not necessary though.. You may get it from the stock firmware itself.)

First of all, make sure fastboot is setup in your computer & working just in-case something gets ducked up :)
Now, Choose any one easy method to install:

a. To flash from recovery:
Transfer the flashable_splash.zip to your device and flash from TWRP or CWM or Philz or any other custom recovery.

b. To flash from Terminal Emulator:
Transfer the splash.img to your device's Internal Storage, Open Terminal Emulator & enter the following to flash it:
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/splash.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash

c. To flash from Fastboot mode:
Code:
fastboot flash splash splash.img

Note:
Incase something goes wrong or device doesn't bootup, flash the stock splash.img from custom recovery or fastboot.

Credits:
@vipul.mohan67@gmail.com who provided the stock splash.img of Redmi Note 5 Pro (whynce)

Hit the Thanks :good: button if it worked for you :)

You're welcome to post the splash images that you created..

FOR MEDIATEK VARIANTS:
For MTK devices, you might have a different partition for that called 'logo'.
Browse in /dev directory to find out where that is present.
After you have found out, dump the logo.bin file by:
Code:
dd if=/<the_directory_where_logo_is_present>/logo of=/sdcard/logo.bin
Now you can edit the logo.bin using this tool:
Changing Boot Logo (logo.bin) - LOGO BUILDER Program

After editing, you can reflash it by:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/logo.bin of=/<the_directory_where_logo_is_present>/logo

If you did this successfully, please share the details of how you did it so that it will be helpful for others..
Or if that tool doesn't work, send me your logo.bin or splash.img, I'll check it..

Hi,
Does this method also works for Nokia 6 (SD430, Android P, 1080P resolution)
Thank you.

Nizamu

Sep 1, 2021
Note:
This is not bootanimation, this is the splash screen (the 'Mi' boot logo which is displayed when device is switched ON)
For other devices, please send me your splash.img so that I can create a tool for you too.

Requirements:
2. Optional: Terminal Emulator app or Custom Recovery or atleast working fastboot in computer

Make sure you have a picture with resolution 1080x2160 or 1080x1920.

3. Now replace your pictures on logo.png inside "pics" folder of the extracted folder.
Note: You can put any picture format, but the names have to be 'logo', 'fastboot', etc.

4. Finally, run the 'CREATE_LOGO.bat' to create splash.img , which you can find inside the "output" folder after completion.

Code:

First of all, make sure fastboot is setup in your computer & working just in-case something gets ducked up :)

Transfer the flashable_splash.zip to your device and flash from TWRP or CWM or Philz or any other custom recovery.

Transfer the splash.img to your device's Internal Storage, Open Terminal Emulator & enter the following to flash it:
Code:
su

Code:

Note:
Incase something goes wrong or device doesn't bootup, flash the stock splash.img from custom recovery or fastboot.

Credits:
@vipul.mohan67@gmail.com who provided the stock splash.img of Redmi Note 5 Pro (whynce)

FOR MEDIATEK VARIANTS:
Code:

Code:

If you did this successfully, please share the details of how you did it so that it will be helpful for others..
Or if that tool doesn't work, send me your logo.bin or splash.img, I'll check it..
Please help me . I done all after that my corrupt image is showing for boot up and for fastboot blank screen how can i solve this . Or can anyone please help me to create a zip? I have no pc and iam going my family and doing

Attachments

• system_corrupt.jpg
    system_corrupt.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 65
  • logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 66
  • fastboot.jpg
    fastboot.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 67

godenk789

Dec 31, 2018
New TECHNICAL DETAILS + TUTORIAL for Whyred splash.img based on the latest splash.img file that obtained from the latest firmware

This will FIX the fastboot blank screen problem, even "Unlock bootloader images" and "System Destroyed images" is now can be read by the system 👍
Thanks again to the OP so I can give this updated info for you by using the bmp_image_extractor.py script made by him.

STRUCTURE of Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)'s splash.img:

16384 Bytes initial empty images
6998456 Bytes BMP Files (Normal boot bootlogo with Locked bootloader)
6998456 Bytes BMP Files (Fastboot bootlogo)
6998456 Bytes BMP Files (Normal boot bootlogo with Unlocked bootloader)
6998456 Bytes BMP Files (System Destroyed bootlogo)

(Resolution of all BMP images is 1080x2160, color encoding: RGB24)

Now I will tell you how to make the splash.img properly from your phone while waiting for the tool to be updated by the OP.

First, you need a rooted phone with Terminal Emulator installed, and 4 24-bit BMP image files (Normalboot, Fastboot, Unlockedboot, SystemDestroyed) that have a 1080x2160 resolution. If you have any images in a format other than BMP, you can convert the files Here

⚠️Each image size that you will use must be 6998454 Bytes or this method will not work⚠️

- Download attachment file.
- Create a new folder named "splash" to your internal storage, and extract the downloaded files along with your BMP files to the new folder.
Screenshot_20211128-015925013 (1).jpg

- Open terminal emulator, type "su" and grant root access.
Screenshot_20211128-105706831 (1).jpg

- Backup your current splash with this command:
Code:
dd if='/dev/block/by-name/splash' of='/storage/emulated/0/splash/originalsplash.img'

- Navigate the terminal to the folder that you make before
Screenshot_20211128-110411963 (1).jpg

- Type this:
Code:
cat header.img normal.bmp 2bytes.img fastboot.bmp 2bytes.img unlock.bmp 2bytes.img destroy.bmp 2bytes.img > newsplash.img

Code:
Normal.bmp = Normal boot bootlogo with locked bootloader
Fastboot.bmp = Fastboot bootlogo
Unlock.bmp = Unlocked bootloader bootlogo
Destroy.bmp = System Destroyed bootlogo

And finally, you have successfully created the new splash.img files 😁

Flash the .img with recovery or you can use this command in Terminal Emulator:
Code:
cd /
dd if='/storage/emulated/0/splash/newsplash.img' of='/dev/block/by-name/splash'

Hope it is useful for you and sorry if my English is bad 😁

Attachments

• Whyred_splash_new_method.zip
    288 bytes · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20211128-015440981 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-015440981 (1).jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20211128-015629947 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-015629947 (1).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: Khushtaur3123

godenk789

Dec 31, 2018
Please help me . I done all after that my corrupt image is showing for boot up and for fastboot blank screen how can i solve this . Or can anyone please help me to create a zip? I have no pc and iam going my family and doing
I realized after installed miui stock splash that it turned black my fastboot screen also ,as others mentioned .
I have a problem with the Fastboot image.

After flashing the file successfully, and having changed the bootlogo, I went into Fastboot mode, and the image of Xiaomi's hare is now a black screen. Fastboot mode works perfect, but the image is black. I tried flashing Splash Stock, but it didn't work. I do not know how to fix it. Help me please. :D

Hello there, I have provided a new method for you, please check my comments above 😁👍

_Razr_

Aug 26, 2017
My device is the Redmi Note 10 Pro (global) [sweet] it would be awesome if you could help with the splash screen tool

Attachments

• splash.img
    32.6 MB · Views: 16

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note:

Requirements:

Code:

Code:
    su

Code:

Note:

Credits:

FOR MEDIATEK VARIANTS:
    Code:

Code:

Note:

Requirements:

Code:

Code:
    su

Code:

Note:

Credits:

FOR MEDIATEK VARIANTS:
    Code:

Code:

You are awesome , genius , superb , intelligent , brilliant , excellent , superb:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::good::good::good::good:
    thank You Sooooooo MUCH
    can anybody confirm this problem??
    I flashed the splash img successfully but when the system boots the image is positioned a little up than middle and shifts back to middle after a second; and then bootanimation plays after a brief screen turn off. I have made a custom splash for my redmi note 3 also and didnt have any problems like this...

Any solutions??

*EDIT*
    My fastboot image has also dissapeared even though I didn't touch the fastboot png. Also one more thing is that the splash image changes based on if the bootloader is unlocked or not. I think the splash img structure has changed after recent pie update. I request you to look into this...

Here's the splash.img from latest global stable rom. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rD6-THSIXBij2kuIRus3rdj_o3L3IjaH/view?usp=sharing

Try this modified tool.

Note:
    0. Only for PIE firmware!
    1. Must use 1080x2160 pictures. Otherwise the image will be stretched to 1080x2160.
    This is the flashable zip of my splash screen.
    If anyone find it useful. :)
    Thanks for making this guide and sharing this tool, I love it! :)
    I have an issue though, I tried making some 1080x2160/18:9 splash screens but they got vertically squished down into 1080x1920/16:9 , is this meant to happen?
    As a workaround I changed my images to 1080x1920/16:9 and made the background pitch black so there wouldn't be black bars at top and bottom.

I'm a loser who loves watching Twitch livestreams, so in lack of creativity I just made these my Splash screens :)