FORUMS

Everything About Anti Roll-back [Whyred]

5,933 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,197

By AL_IRAQI, Recognized Contributor / Themer on 14th July 2018, 06:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone

Xiaomi added Anti roll-back to latest Stable/Beta ROMs and many users bricked their phones because of it, i unlocked my bootloader yesterdays and started testing everything about Anti, and here is what i found so far:

As of right now, anything Beta 8.7.6 and above has it, and for Stable 9.5.19.0 and above, check Xiaomi announcement about it, in 2nd post you will find the last Miui builds without Anti Roll-back
  • you can flash TWRP again
  • you can Root Anti ROMs with Magisk or Disable Encryption
  • you can switch from CN builds to Global builds or vise versa
  • you can switch between all anti 4 builds just fine, like from 8.7.12 to 9.5.19.0 or anything with anti 4
  • you can flash any AOSP/LOS based ROM
  • you can flash anti 4 fastboot ROMs
  • based on fastboot script we might get anti 5 in the future
  • how to bypass anti roll back lock in fastboot and flash/run anything

1- TWRP flashing method:
  1. Boot Twrp or Redwolf using “fastboot boot XYZ.img”
  2. Copy img to device then flash Image file of XYZ.img again from recovery.
  3. Flash Lazyflasher Or Magisk
  4. Or you can just flash any AOSP/LOS based ROM
  5. or check #6 to unlock bootloader commands

2- Switching from CN Beta to Global Beta
  1. Download Global Beta 8.7.12 Fastboot Here or Global Stable 9.5.19.0 Fastboot Here
  2. Make sure to backup your data first
  3. Run flash_all.bat to flash Global build and wipe everything
  4. Wait for system to boot up, and everything should be fine

3- Flashing Custom ROMs
  • Flashing AOSP/LOS ROMs should be easy, flash twrp, wipe data & flash ROM
  • Flashing Miui based ROMs is a bit tricky, you have to make sure they didnt include bootloader inside the Zip, check for firmware-update inside Zip's before flashing or just ask other users

4- based on fastboot new script we might get anti 5 in the future, so dont keep flashing newer bootloader/modem unless ROM developer tell you to do so

here is how the new script works:
  • it check for Anti vlaue
  • if Anti is smaller than 4, then it flashes normally, but your device will be anti 4 also
  • if Anti is 4, it flashes dummy to anti roll-back pass, then proceed to flash ROM, after flashing is done you will have the same Anti 4 vlaues
  • if Anit is bigger than 4, like 5 or something else, the script will abort and tell you to get Anti 4 ROM

5- Unlocking Fastboot:
  • This method let you flash twrp or run fastboot commands again
  • Download fastboot-unlock-anti-4-whyred from attachments or Drive
  • Flash from fastboot running this command
  • fastboot flash antirbpass dummy.img
  • Now flash twrp, run any fastboot command

you have to flash dummy/unlock every time you go into fastboot, or ARB will block your commands

ill keep this thread updated, make sure to follow up with updates
Attached Files
File Type: zip fastboot-unlock-anti-4-whyred.zip - [Click for QR Code] (178 Bytes, 70348 views)
The Following 201 Users Say Thank You to AL_IRAQI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AL_IRAQI Ad-Free
14th July 2018, 06:48 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Baghdad

More
The Last builds without Anti Roll-back
The last builds without anti roll-back

Recovery/TWRP builds

Stable is Miui 9 9.5.17.0

Beta is Miui 10 8.7.5

Fastboot Builds

Stable is Miui 9 9.5.17.0

Beta is Miui 10 8.7.5

The Following 70 Users Say Thank You to AL_IRAQI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AL_IRAQI Ad-Free
14th July 2018, 06:48 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Baghdad

More
and this just in case
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to AL_IRAQI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AL_IRAQI Ad-Free
14th July 2018, 07:05 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 12,752

Donate to Me
More
K cool Abdul👌
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to akhilnarang For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2018, 08:11 AM |#5  
Flag Mansoura
Thanks Meter: 67

More
You are legendary.. Keep it up
The Following User Says Thank You to hassan_eldhraawy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hassan_eldhraawy Ad-Free
14th July 2018, 08:58 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
So, I'm on 8.7.5 right now with twrp and magisk and I'd like to keep updating as new builds come out. Can I just do what I always do? Download 8.7.12 rom, flash with twrp, flash lazyflasher and magisk?

Also would flashing other stuff risk bricking, like camera2 API zip, or YouTube vanced?
14th July 2018, 09:33 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartinho

So, I'm on 8.7.5 right now with twrp and magisk and I'd like to keep updating as new builds come out. Can I just do what I always do? Download 8.7.12 rom, flash with twrp, flash lazyflasher and magisk?

Also would flashing other stuff risk bricking, like camera2 API zip, or YouTube vanced?

8.7.5 doesn't have Anti-rollback feature while 8.7.12 (All roms with 8.7.6 n above) has it
So u better dont update to newer versions of Official MIUI firmware to avoid issues
14th July 2018, 09:39 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFour

8.7.5 doesn't have Anti-rollback feature while 8.7.12 (All roms with 8.7.6 n above) has it
So u better dont update to newer versions of Official MIUI firmware to avoid issues

Yes I know, but I don't want to be stuck in 8.7.5 forever because I doubt Xiaomi will go back on this. I like Miui and I don't have any intention of downgrading either, I just want to be able to keep TWRP and root.
14th July 2018, 10:28 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[Index] Everything About Anti Roll-back [Whyred]
Have you tried it yet? It works?
14th July 2018, 11:07 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Very informative and useful post 👍 Keep it going,thank you! 😀
The Following User Says Thank You to Martin213 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Martin213 Ad-Free
14th July 2018, 11:18 AM |#11  
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL_IRAQI

• Flashing Miui based ROMs is a bit tricky, you have to make sure they didnt include bootloader inside the Zip, check for firmware-update inside Zip's before flashing or just ask other users

One question:
So if i want to update to the newest version of MIUI10 will it be okay if i just replace the files inside firmware-update of the zip with the one from 8.7.5?

Forgive my english if it make you confused
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)