FORUMS

Redmi Note 5 HDR+ Samples and magisk methods to enable Camera2 API

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By jhangyu, Junior Member on 2nd June 2018, 11:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Original post with samples photos [link]

Here are the full photos in this album.

Before using the Google Camera HDR+, you have to enable Camera API 2 in the MIUI, unless any version of Google Camera you install WILL HAVE NO HDR+ EFFECT OR CRASH AFTER OPENING!!!

The way I choose to enable Camera 2 API on MIUI is through the Magisk platform, and there are 4 steps of prerequisites to get to this:
  • Unlock the bootloader
You need to go to MIUI unlock page and follow the steps to unlock your phone’s Bootloader.
During the process, you will also need to install the driver in computer for your phone.
  • Flash the 3'rd party recovery, like TWRP
Go to TWRP devices page to download the TWRP recovery for your model, and boot your phone into Fastboot Mode by holding the volume down & power button until it boot into fastboot.

Also download the Android platform tools, unzip, and open CMD on windows or terminal on macOS and cd (move) to your unzip directory.

After that, flash the TWRP recovery into your phone.

Code:
fastboot flash recovery $your_download_recovery.img
Check to flash process is success (you will see the “OK” in the command line), and boot your phone into recovery:

Code:
fastboot boot $your_download_recovery.img
and slide the button to right to enable modification, disable the MIUI’s recovery.
  • Flash the Magisk platform
Now the custom 3'rd part recovery is completely installed, we can install Magisk now.

Download the magisk from the developer’s XDA page, copy into your phone SD, select and slide to flash the magisk with TWRP install function .
  • Flash the Camera 2 API enabler
The previous Camera 2 API enabler is decrepit, so I rewrite a newer version that can work with Magisk 15+.
Flash the zip to enable enable Camera 2 API.

You can check whether you successfully enable the Camera 2 API by Camera 2 API probe:

• Install Google Camera Port (HDR+) App
Now the prerequisite is complete, we can finally install the Google Camera Port now.

Here is a Port Google Camera collection page, I recommend using MGCamera_5.1.0.18_R4X series which maintain by @Arthur, and here is my recommend settings:

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jhangyu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jhangyu Ad-Free
2nd June 2018, 11:03 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
[Reserved]
2nd June 2018, 01:17 PM |#3  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Are you using China veriant or Indian?
2nd June 2018, 04:05 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahitto

Are you using China veriant or Indian?

I bought it at Taiwan, it's a China Variant which use Global Android 8.1 MIUI 9.5 ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to jhangyu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jhangyu Ad-Free
2nd June 2018, 05:04 PM |#5  
Flag Balaghat
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhangyu

I bought it at Taiwan, it's a China Variant which use Global Android 8.1 MIUI 9.5 ROM

So it will also work with indian variant? correct?
Also does this method work with Custom oreo ROM?
2nd June 2018, 05:58 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuldeepShivankar

So it will also work with indian variant? correct?
Also does this method work with Custom oreo ROM?

Yes, this magisk trick can work on any xiaomi device announced in 3 years
The Following User Says Thank You to jhangyu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jhangyu Ad-Free
3rd June 2018, 06:40 AM |#7  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Can anybody post front camera megapixel screen? In MIUI 10, my phone front camera megapixel is limited to 5mp.
3rd June 2018, 06:50 AM |#8  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I followed your settings in Latest RR Rom and mine is China variant but front camera HDR in front portrait doesn't work in low light at all. Thanks for sharing
3rd June 2018, 03:09 PM |#9  
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Can you pls upload thecamera2api enabler here?
3rd June 2018, 08:54 PM |#10  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 167

Donate to Me
More
It doesn't seems to work for me, I have enabled persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 but it still run legacy mode
I'm on Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro (china) running xiaomi.eu rom 8.5.10 with magisk 16.4

any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-06-04-02-39-01-556_de.weis.camera2probe.png
Views:	1116
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	4517554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-06-04-02-39-12-133_yarolegovich.materialterminal.png
Views:	1102
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	4517555  
3rd June 2018, 09:18 PM |#11  
Frankfurt am Main
Thanks Meter: 15

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krizky82

It doesn't seems to work for me, I have enabled persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 but it still run legacy mode
I'm on Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro (china) running xiaomi.eu rom 8.5.10 with magisk 16.4

any suggestions?

I have exactly the same issue. It seems to be a Xiaomi.eu related issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)