FORUMS

[TUT] HOTSPOT Not Connecting FIX [No ROOT]

378 posts
Thanks Meter: 355

By devcon69, Senior Member on 29th May 2018, 10:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have an issue with Redmi Note 5 Global Oreo where hotspot is not turning on or not receiving any data.
Found a fix, no root needed. Credits MIUI VN. You can try this also if you can't send files via Shareit, etc.

Requirements:
Minimal ADB Fastboot Tool

Instructions:
1. Download and install Minimal Adb Fastboot Tool on pc.

2. Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap MIUI Version several times to enable Developer Options.

3. Go Back and browse to Additional Settings > Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging, Install via USB, USB Debugging (Security settings), Enable view attribute inspection.

4. Connect Phone to PC and phone will ask for a connection permission, tap Allow.

5. Now open command prompt. Type the following codes:
Code:
adb devices
Code:
adb shell
Code:
settings put global tether_dun_required 0
Code:
reboot

Thats IT.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to devcon69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devcon69 Ad-Free
29th May 2018, 06:28 PM |#2  
Flag Bengali
Thanks Meter: 5

More
it works. i have mine disable and i can't click enable. i use codes and it works. thank you my fren.
29th May 2018, 07:14 PM |#3  
Flag Kigali
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Had same issue for two weeks...on redmi note 5 china.! I asked even on miui forum.... and I didn't get help from there..... (Shame!!!!)

Till I found this thread :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-...ssues-t3696841

Which is same procedure....!

The prob is when u change room u will have to repeat the procedure...! But on RR rom everything work out of box.....!

Hope xiaomi to fix this weird error...
The Following User Says Thank You to Addymore For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Addymore Ad-Free
29th May 2018, 07:45 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

More
@Addymore, exactly. The best answer they could tell you is to do a factory reset or to wait for updates. Lol.
29th May 2018, 08:12 PM |#5  
Flag Kigali
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devcon69

@Addymore, exactly. The best answer they could tell you is to do a factory reset or to wait for updates. Lol.

I tried everything with their stock rom.... Even edl with clean all... Lol....! Hotspot not connecting to pc in any case.... Lol...! On miui forum pple were saying it is the the hardware issue....! But the RR rom gave me hope....! It was just working....

Then saw the simple adb lines.... Haaaaa!
The Following User Says Thank You to Addymore For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Addymore Ad-Free
1st June 2018, 12:48 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addymore

I tried everything with their stock rom.... Even edl with clean all... Lol....! Hotspot not connecting to pc in any case.... Lol...! On miui forum pple were saying it is the the hardware issue....! But the RR rom gave me hope....! It was just working....

Then saw the simple adb lines.... Haaaaa!

True man.
The Following User Says Thank You to devcon69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devcon69 Ad-Free
6th June 2018, 08:54 PM |#7  
Flag Montevideo
Thanks Meter: 5

More
It works for me!!!, ROM 9.5.13.0, global version.
Many thanks!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to eicodi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eicodi Ad-Free
6th June 2018, 08:59 PM |#8  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 123

Donate to Me
More
In my case, the update for ROM global 9.5.13.0 resolve this bug.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 5 atrav├ęs do Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Jorge Moreira For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jorge Moreira Ad-Free
2nd August 2018, 06:03 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi there,

I am on miui global 9.5 / Stable 9.5.19.0 (oEIMIFA) stock MIUI. I had previously been on 9.5.6.0 but updated the MIUI version. Since updating to 9.5.19.0, I have found that when I set a hotspot from my Redmi Note 5, the connected device is able to connect to the internet, however, my Redmi can no longer connect!! This seems backwards but is very frustrating as I was hoping to be able to use both devices at the same time! On my other devices I can share a hotspot while still using mobile data!

Is there a fix for this? I applied the adb fix mentioned above but it did not change the problem.

THanks in advance!!
11th August 2018, 05:47 PM |#10  

More
not worked on miui version 9.5.6.0 tried the fix all good but its not working on pc and laptop(windows 7)although it works when hotspoting on another mobile phone (nokia lumia,windows phone)any other ideas?
12th August 2018, 09:44 AM |#11  

More
fix hotspot problem with update MIUI 9.5.19.0
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)